Sponsored

Small Snow Plow on a Maverick - can I, Should I ?

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
... that sounds like a blower job.
I read your post and that last bit just keeps repeating in my head ... is it ok to talk about the cost of such things in these forums? 😆
Sponsored

bykerhd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost FW
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Waxoyl worked well for me when I lived in New England.
There are other products which are probably as good ?
Whoever does the coatings needs to get in to ALL the nooks and crannies under there.
I would NOT recommend the less expensive motor oil applications.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have a snow blower or power shovel? Even this snow sport hitch plow is 1300. Seprately, Not sure if the Mav can use the $500 "nordic plow" auto plow. Seems like you could get a snow blower for a similar price. I did get small power shovel (Toro plug-in) this year but that sounds like a blower job.

https://www.sharptruck.com/access-c...sYD1Yc_0ocz-JgJgfBMLqFWNZSo4Z8fRoC3roQAvD_BwE
That's an interesting concept.....tho it seems pricey for what it is, and a big miss that it has no angle adjustment.

If I had a nice flat concrete or paved driveway, and money to burn, I would throw this on my Mav and try it. But I don't have either, and do have a Kubota tractor with a FEL, so I'm out. 🤠

OP
OP

Rmacdoug

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buying my first Ford truck
Engine
Undecided
If you're in Stroudsburg did you order from Ray Price? Grew up in Eburg and my dad bought a few vehicles there. Get a good blower and you'll be better off or hope for more rain storms like today's lol.
yea, ordered it from Ray Price....of course they said it'll arrive in 8-12 weeks....when they KNEW it was MONTHS...sigh. First time I've ever brought a Ford....couldn't see the "mislead" when it happened.

notgoosemaverick33

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In the owners manual, it says YOUR VEHICLE IS NOT SET UP FOR PLOW OPERATION, so I would recommend not doing it. It will put a lot of stress on the transmission and drivetrain system, plus it will block the sensors in the front and could cause random braking because the computer thinks the plow is a vehicle.

What I would like to know is, what about using a rear hitch mounted push blade like they make for small vehicles to push snow in reverse. I had one on my Ford Focus (I know that sounds weird), but it was great for pushing snow out of the way.

AHarris67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 EB 2.5 XLT 302A, 2004 Chevy 1500HD 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In a word, NO.
Sponsored