Should I move on

G_man2003

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T 2020 Ford Edge Titanium
I ordered a XL eco boost with a couple of accessories a few days ago. I’m needing a truck or something that’s awd before winter weather hits because my challenger isn’t just gonna do it. Should I stay patience or move on?
Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Show patience, it’s going to take several months. If you absolutely need something tomorrow, this isn’t going to be it.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you MUST have a new truck before winter you are going to need to hit FORD.com and search different zip codes and inventory everywhere to find one or make lots and lots of calls to find out about stock units. They are out there, you may have to travel. If you just ordered one you will be probably be picking it up in spring.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1370

I ordered a XL eco boost with a couple of accessories a few days ago. I’m needing a truck or something that’s awd before winter weather hits because my challenger isn’t just gonna do it. Should I stay patience or move on?
If you absolutely need it before THIS winter, you may be in for a disappointment unfortunately. Unless you can find an stock unit at a dealer that someone doesn’t want. Then you may very well be in luck but you’ll be paying over MSRP most likely. Not necessarily but its a good bet. They may but you a break even if you did a factory order and they can have that one and you take an inbound one that someone gives up.

I ordered my xlt maverick on July 16th and it was only Built on December 2nd and just shipped out a few days ago with an estimated delivery of December 31st to January 6th just as a metric.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Put it this way... Ford schedules their builds every Thursday. For this round of scheduling, they are scheduling for build dates January-first 2 weeks of February. If you are lucky (and that would be extremely lucky) and get a scheduling email tomorrow, it means the earliest you would see your truck would be the end of February or more realistically early to mid March.

As others have said, your best bet is to call around dealers and see if they have any orders in stock but you are more than likely going to be paying over MSRP.

Sponsored

Sinner

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD 2.0l
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered in September, still no build date here. Good luck. You won't get a truck before Spring unless you buy one already built.

Ksmavgal

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
I ordered my EB July 15 and was ecstatic to receive my build email last week for the week of Jan 31....

Deleted member 1157

My Lariat FX4 order was confirmed on August 3rd.
Yesterday I received an email from Ford that my truck has been built.
ETA to the dealer is December 30th.
Patience is needed if you really want a Maverick...

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have a long wait my friend. Most of us that ordered in July, still have nothing to show for our efforts and by the looks of things, it will be 2022 before we see any results.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you need "now" I would find something else readily available.

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have a long wait my friend. Most of us that ordered in July, still have nothing to show for our efforts and by the looks of things, it will be 2022 before we see any results.
Agreed...OP you'll definitely need a lot of patience most likely as there are many of us even with June orders and no build date.

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
So this was my plight…. I moved from California to néw England and had to leave my car behind. Needed and AWD (preferred 4wd, but…) and everything led me to the maverick but I couldn’t wait 4 months, so I was able to find a dealership a half hour away from me that had two dealer ordered XLs that weren’t claimed/reserved yet AND they just so happened to have a demo model tp test drive. Put the $500 deposit on it and it was here 2 weeks earlier than the estimate. Check Ford’s inventory online as previously mentioned in here, finding an unreserved dealer ordered model likely your best bet at getting one before winter.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
If you MUST have a new truck before winter you are going to need to hit FORD.com and search different zip codes and inventory everywhere to find one or make lots and lots of calls to find out about stock units. They are out there, you may have to travel. If you just ordered one you will be probably be picking it up in spring.

This is the only good advice, you can get one but it won't be the one you ordered before winter.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do a dealer inventory search. You may have to travel a bit to get one but an XL Eco is probably the easiest one to find.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your Challenger will do fine in snow if you just add true snow tires. I drove my RWD Mazda Miata 365 days a year for 15 years to work in rural MA, top down, with snow tires in blizzard conditions. No problems. Ditto for my Mazda RX7-R1, which was a twitchy RWD turbo sports car. You don't need AWD for snow conditions. Just the right tires. In fact, you're far better off with the snow tires on a RWD sports car than you are with compromised all seasons on a typical AWD.
Sponsored