Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lmao. What a terrible response. "We can't find what's wrong with it, even though it's just a parts bin vehicle, and we also can't tell you why other vehicles with the same parts from the bin don't have this issue."

Look into your state's lemon law if this bothers you. You may be eligible.
You sure like to throw out the "lemon law" response whenever somebody has a problem.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/cut-my-fuel-line.27966/page-3#post-544100
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

NycGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, tacoma, bmw 325 89
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I began to notice it way more in the 12-18k range oddly and it definitely is less bad now that the weather is warming up. Im planning on having my dealership take a look when i bring my mav in for its 20k check up

OP
OP
90south

90south

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UPDATE: Just got off the phone with the Ford Customer Service Rep. They said that the Ford Engineers have determined that the wobble “it’s a characteristic of the Maverick” and there is no further action they will be taking.

I told them that I have no idea how they could possibly come to that conclusion if they’ve never looked at anything on my Maverick except for rebalancing the rear tires when I first took it in just before Christmas. Nothing else was ever looked at.

I’m open to suggestions on a path forward.

207maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UPDATE: Just got off the phone with the Ford Customer Service Rep. They said that the Ford Engineers have determined that the wobble “it’s a characteristic of the Maverick” and there is no further action they will be taking.

I told them that I have no idea how they could possibly come to that conclusion if they’ve never looked at anything on my Maverick except for rebalancing the rear tires when I first took it in just before Christmas. Nothing else was ever looked at.

I’m open to suggestions on a path forward.
I still think it’s an issue the the case bushing/bearing. Still need to argue with dealership more but if I don’t get any resolution I’m going to replace the bushing myself. Will post updates as they come. Appreciate the input from everyone.

Sponsored

amargolin91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Current 23,500 miles. Lift went on very early 4k. No issues initially…. Developed the wobble around 12k. I have the wobble…. Again. 2” lift… 245/70/17. Ford replaced the right front axle under warranty due to a leaky inner boot…..but was annoyed about it being lifted…The tech never mentioned it to service. Wobble went away for 8k, a week or so ago…wobble came back hard. Notice it under acceleration out of a turn. Also has Leaky right axle boot again. Dropped off to Ford. Dealer denied replacement again, blaming lift this time.
Replacing the axle myself this week, see what happens.

207maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Current 23,500 miles. Lift went on very early 4k. No issues initially…. Developed the wobble around 12k. I have the wobble…. Again. 2” lift… 245/70/17. Ford replaced the right front axle under warranty due to a leaky inner boot…..but was annoyed about it being lifted…The tech never mentioned it to service. Wobble went away for 8k, a week or so ago…wobble came back hard. Notice it under acceleration out of a turn. Also has Leaky right axle boot again. Dropped off to Ford. Dealer denied replacement again, blaming lift this time.
Replacing the axle myself this week, see what happens.
When you have the axle out, check the case bearing/bushing if you can. I’m not 100% that it is the issue with mine, but I’m fairly certain that’s where my problem is coming from. Below is the part I’m talking about.
Ford Maverick Shimmy/Wobble IMG_0614

mots

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mots
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting. Recent '23 owner and have been looking at lifts/leveling and drops folks are doing on these Mavs. The lift angle difference in the CV shaft surely could be prematurely wearing these out slowly over thousands of miles. Once warped, it would just get worse. Perhaps a slightly more resilient bushing can be made since it is a quite a simple part? A 2" lift may not seem like much, but for a short rotating shaft, 2" can actually be a lot to compensate for (I can already hear the "that's what she said" reply coming :ROFLMAO:).

amargolin91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When you have the axle out, check the case bearing/bushing if you can. I’m not 100% that it is the issue with mine, but I’m fairly certain that’s where my problem is coming from. Below is the part I’m talking about.
IMG_0614.jpeg
It was 100% my axle. My 2” spacer lift put my axles at such a drastic angle. One photo is my spacer lift, the other is with Eibach Spring lift. Replaced right front axle, swapped lift kits and an alignment today. No more wobble for now.

Ford Maverick Shimmy/Wobble IMG_6512

Ford Maverick Shimmy/Wobble IMG_6523

207maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was 100% my axle. My 2” spacer lift put my axles at such a drastic angle. One photo is my spacer lift, the other is with Eibach Spring lift. Replaced right front axle, swapped lift kits and an alignment today. No more wobble for now.

IMG_6512.jpeg

IMG_6523.jpeg
Were those pics taken while the truck is on a ship lift or is it sitting on the ground? The angle is way more drastic than mine.

This is a pic of my front left with the wheel turned all the way to the left. Not even close to what you have (if the pics were taken with the truck on the ground).

Ford Maverick Shimmy/Wobble IMG_0615

Sponsored

207maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting. Recent '23 owner and have been looking at lifts/leveling and drops folks are doing on these Mavs. The lift angle difference in the CV shaft surely could be prematurely wearing these out slowly over thousands of miles. Once warped, it would just get worse. Perhaps a slightly more resilient bushing can be made since it is a quite a simple part? A 2" lift may not seem like much, but for a short rotating shaft, 2" can actually be a lot to compensate for (I can already hear the "that's what she said" reply coming :ROFLMAO:).
I agree that the life will cause more wear than normal, but 2” doesn’t seem like it would cause what we are experiencing so quickly. There are a few folks without the lift experiencing similar issues.

Last edited:

amargolin91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Were those pics taken while the truck is on a ship lift or is it sitting on the ground? The angle is way more drastic than mine.

This is a pic of my front left with the wheel turned all the way to the left. Not even close to what you have (if the pics were taken with the truck on the ground).

IMG_0615.jpeg
Full Droop on lift

rivermaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Fusion (UK), MEV Sonic7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm wondering if this is what Customer Service meant:
'The EPAS system has a Pull Drift Compensation (PDC) feature to assist drivers in compensating for variation in road and driving conditions. The feature adjusts power assist offset by reducing the steering wheel effort (input torque) required to keep the vehicle traveling straight. The Pull Drift Compensation (PDC) feature is automatically enabled at vehicle speeds above 40 km/h (25 mph) with sensors indicating the vehicle is traveling straight. Pull Drift Compensation (PDC) is designed to compensate for variations in road crown'.
I haven't got my Maverick yet (maybe next month🤞) but I'm wondering if you can feel the gremlins pulling at the steering when Lane Centering and PDC is active.

Last edited:

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_6512.jpeg

IMG_6523.jpeg
Hoping my axels don't hate me- Put the H/R springs on about 3 months ago.

OP
OP
90south

90south

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm wondering if this is what Customer Service meant:
'The EPAS system has a Pull Drift Compensation (PDC) feature to assist drivers in compensating for variation in road and driving conditions. The feature adjusts power assist offset by reducing the steering wheel effort (input torque) required to keep the vehicle traveling straight. The Pull Drift Compensation (PDC) feature is automatically enabled at vehicle speeds above 40 km/h (25 mph) with sensors indicating the vehicle is traveling straight. Pull Drift Compensation (PDC) is designed to compensate for variations in road crown'.
I haven't got my Maverick yet (maybe next month🤞) but I'm wondering if you can feel the gremlins pulling at the steering when Land Centering and PDC is active.
I’m not really feeling anything in the steering, mainly in the seat/floorboard. Just a smooth, medium speed side to side wobble, not fast or slow movement.

I can see there are different things that might make this happen BUT…outside of them test driving and rebalancing the rear tires I’m not too sure that they have ever opened the doors on it again. It’s always in the exact location as where I parked it. Seems they just want Ford to tell them what to do and in what order. So when Ford says “characteristic of the Maverick” they say “ok, nothing to fix here”.

I requested the Ford Rep to contact another fairly local Ford dealership and grease the skid for me to get it in to them. She did and I’m taking in to them tomorrow.
Sponsored