First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife saw (and we cannot now find it) an upgrade for the shifter. The Ford dial shifter is not a good idea. Every knob in the truck is round, why did they do that with the gear controls as well?! Has anyone seen or done an upgrade using the regular shifter from an F150?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sahpo

Sahpo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
By the way, thanks for this forum and adding me to the group! Blessings to all and be safe!

todd92

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 (2), Edge ST, Edge Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK....

Sponsored

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All our searches failed - thanx!
Try googling it, then it should offer links to the forum. I remember reading about it but I'm looking forward to the round shifter. Less interference with the passenger, I really liked the bench seat in trucks, for the same reason.

Dmat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ivan did the f150 shifter change. I'm going to be honest with you though. give it some time, it might grow on you. I love the dial shifter myself.

First Sergeant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid 2014 Toyota 4Runner Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Try googling it, then it should offer links to the forum. I remember reading about it but I'm looking forward to the round shifter. Less interference with the passenger, I really liked the bench seat in trucks, for the same reason.
You are 100 percent correct. Google works WAY better in finding what you want than MTC search. I belong to many sites and this one has the worst search function I have ever seen. Many times will simply get a return back that is not even close to what you are looking for. Needs some work for sure.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are 100 percent correct. Google works WAY better in finding what you want than MTC search. I belong to many sites and this one has the worst search function I have ever seen. Many times will simply get a return back that is not even close to what you are looking for. Needs some work for sure.
Really? 5th one down.

HRG

Ford Maverick Shifter Upgrade? F150 shifter search

First Sergeant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah a bench would be nice, but here is my dream seat. 60/40 split bench with arm rests. Just put the darn shifter back on the column. Or, like my pop's 1960 something Rambler station wagon, PUSH BUTTONS! Hahaha.

Sponsored

First Sergeant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Really? 5th one down.

HRG

F150 shifter search.png
Did not say I couldn't find THIS particular item. The search function works... Occasionally. Like was suggested by others, Google it and get the link. Much faster and almost always get the results.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Now I wanna get lil mini F150 shifters for all the dials!

I do hate the dial. I dont know why but its just natural for me to slam it in park while going to reverse. It also makes me forget to even use park. I also wanted to switch to tow mode while driving the other day and tried to go to park at 45mph. I thought I was selecting through the modes with each click till an angry red screen told me otherwise. Atleast when the put in dumb controls they give the truck planty of smarts to stop me from killing it. Still it will probably be 5 years before i bother to swap it out.

FabMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m waiting for the redesigned 2024 Ranger’s short throw e-shifter to become available, hopefully later this summer (it’s already in Australian trucks). Looks like it will be an easier conversion size-wise than the current F150 e-shifter.
Ford Maverick Shifter Upgrade? 1713623946964-w6

kentsa1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 2021 Honda CRV EXL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the rotary dial shifter in my Lariat. Spin to the right for drive, two clicks left for reverse, and when I shut off the truck it automatically goes into park. I even use the L position to lock it into neutral for the car wash.

The lever in my Honda CRV needs more attention and looking at the indicator to see which position that it is in.

ndmiller

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Azure Blue Metallic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a shifter don't waste money on that, it's only used 1-2 seconds every trip.

Buy more gear and accessories (tonneau, tires, wheels, tent, camper, etc.) to let you enjoy the truck.
Sponsored