Sponsored

Search results

  1. 2028 Ford Fathom EV Pickup ($28,350 Starting Price) - News & Info

    Yup, you got it right. Sometimes we get it right, sometimes our "experts" get it wrong. The big battle over steam powered cars and locomotives did not last long when we were able to discover how easy and cheap (at the time) it was to pump oil out of the ground. The new technology that exists...
  2. 2028 Ford Fathom EV Pickup ($28,350 Starting Price) - News & Info

    There will always be petroleum product being manufactured. Thousands of products are made from it. I never thought much about it until I met my brother in law, a petroleum engineer, now retired from the large refinery in Newark. Worked there for 35 years. He enlightened me and a simple...
  3. Mods O' the Day

    Black Rifle "Spirit of 76" one f my favorites. I used to do 9 cups of java a day, but dropped down to 7. Always a pot with some available on my counter top. Many other brands I like also.
  4. Active Military or Veterans with Mavericks

    Hahaha. My younger sister is a psychologist. While getting her masters, she decided I needed to take the test so she could get a little practice. My family had all agreed when I was younger that I was pretty much a "whack job". The test convinced my sis!
  5. Active Military or Veterans with Mavericks

    Hahaha. I still roll my socks and undies and stuff them into the drawer. Remember drill sergeant looking on the bottoms of the rolled socks, looking for the "smile", and when in the foot locker they all had to be inline with all smiles pointed in the same direction!
  6. Best in (a small) class - for now

    Wow. As rare as they are you were one lucky fella! Should have bought a lotto ticket that day!
  7. Best in (a small) class - for now

    I'll take an "Oakwood" or better yet the "Hickory" model. That is some tough wood! Don't give Ford to many ideas or we will get a "OSB" trim model. Uggg.
  8. Best in (a small) class - for now

    I only seen the Blackwood once at a car show, maybe 2005. Had to look it up, did not realize only a bit over 3,000 made. Saw a few Mark LT's on the road in my life, but not many. Both did poorly in the sales department.
  9. Best in (a small) class - for now

    About 9,000 miles towed, no issues. I know there are a few on here who have much more than that. Aren't those fast spinning gears spinning the same speed when the truck is under it's own power? I would be interested to know if anyone has had any major problems. I would assume some engineer...
  10. Hertz selling 2026 Mavericks

    Thanks Glen, did not know that thread was out there! Good idea.
  11. Best in (a small) class - for now

    I am a Toyota fan boy, and have owned a lot of them, all very nice, reliable and dependable. But I won't buy myself a Toyota truck unless it is flat towable and a hybrid. Wife drives a 2014 4Runner Limited, but is in the process of dealing for a new RAV4. I have never figured out since our...
  12. Hertz selling 2026 Mavericks

    Thanks for your service brother. I joined in Oct 73, was afraid they would start the draft back that had just ended in Jan 73. Originally only wanted to do my 3 years and get out, but ended up staying for 21 years. Man, a $7K bonus was a LOT of cash back then! We bought our first home in...
  13. Your favorite go-to accessories for the Maverick?

    My favorite accessory (actually a modification) was the Kia self dimming mirror with compass and Homelink garage door openers (3 of them) built in. Can't stand the garage door "fob" clipped on to the sun visor. Easy to install and I think I paid about $40 bucks for it.
  14. Hertz selling 2026 Mavericks

    Yeah, they were bulletproof for sure. We bought our first one in 1974. Wife and I had been married a little over a year and the Army pay in those days was.... not so good, as a private I was making about $283 a month so those cars were affordable. Haha. I think that 74 year B210 was about...
  15. Hertz selling 2026 Mavericks

    We bought a 1976 Datsun B210 in 1978, (our second one as we had a 1974). from Hertz. Can't remember the exact mileage, but seems it was under 15,000. Very good shape, gave it to a good friend who needed a good transportation car about 10 years later with around 145,000 miles. Never had an...
  16. If they can do it, you can do it.

    I guess you may not be aware that oil makes plastics and approximately 6,000 other products, many of which the average consumer uses. If oil was gone, our Mavericks would be mostly a unibody frame with an engine and ecvt. Not sure how that would work out for us. A large percentage of people...
  17. If they can do it, you can do it.

    You are spot on Glen. I live about 35 miles northwest of Boise. Right on the border with Oregon. There are about 4 chargers over there, but none I know about on the Idaho side. Idaho has the least expensive electricity rates in the nation. I pay about $95 a month (level pay). Natural gas...
  18. 2028 Ford Fathom EV Pickup ($28,350 Starting Price) - News & Info

    That appears to be a nice Maverick. However, I'll bet it has a few bugs though!
  19. 2028 Ford Fathom EV Pickup ($28,350 Starting Price) - News & Info

    That explains a few things, but I must ask, does Jim live in a van perhaps? Maybe down by the river? Haha!
  20. 2028 Ford Fathom EV Pickup ($28,350 Starting Price) - News & Info

    It could be a van instead of a truck. Call it "The Chris Farley" Van. Ha! Only sell them on lots that were located next to the river.




Top