Sponsored

Shift SYS Fault - Service Required (Hybrid CVT)

Oldguy66

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Sienna, HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone getting this "Shift SYS Fault" - "Service Required"? (Hybrid CVT)
When I turn the gear shift selector to "D", the parking brake comes on (and will not release), the "D" light flashes and the fault warning comes up on the display. Taking the key out and retrying several times doesn't help. If I get out of the vehicle and let it sit for 10 minutes then try, it tends to work and I'm on my way. Seems like it happens after a few stops around town and then it sits for 30 - 45 mins. This has not occurred when it is cold (first start of the day).

This has happened 6 times over the last 3 weeks so, I'm taking it in for repairs. (If the Service Dept. at Aaron Ford will ever answer or return my calls. They are the worst!)

Ford Maverick Shift SYS Fault - Service Required (Hybrid CVT) Mav Fault c
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Shit! I hope everything works out for you.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Anyone getting this "Shift SYS Fault" - "Service Required"? (Hybrid CVT)
When I turn the gear shift selector to "D", the parking brake comes on (and will not release), the "D" light flashes and the fault warning comes up on the display. Taking the key out and retrying several times doesn't help. If I get out of the vehicle and let it sit for 10 minutes then try, it tends to work and I'm on my way. Seems like it happens after a few stops around town and then it sits for 30 - 45 mins. This has not occurred when it is cold (first start of the day).

This has happened 6 times over the last 3 weeks so, I'm taking it in for repairs. (If the Service Dept. at Aaron Ford will ever answer or return my calls. They are the worst!)

Mav Fault c.jpg
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Maverick's shifting issue. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
Oldguy66

Oldguy66

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Sienna, HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got my Maverick back from repairs. Here's the report in case anyone else has this issue. I'll update the post if it Fails again.
Ford Maverick Shift SYS Fault - Service Required (Hybrid CVT) Shift Fault Fix

Sponsored

CorrigansLabs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I just had this issue happen to me as well but circumstances were a little different. About 30min after I picked up my hybrid XLT from the dealership, I put about 5 miles on the car myself before the mav suddenly lurched forward and this warning popped up while I was driving. Car lost power, luckily I was able to pull over safely into a nearby parking lot. Turned it off and tried to turn it back on; for me the issue didn’t resolve itself. While waiting for a tow, the mav eventually completely lost power, wouldn’t start without a boost. Was towed to dealer and this morning service department is saying a 300Amp fuse was blown. Needless to say I’m alarmed and very hesitant to drive the car again. Does anybody with more car knowledge have any input? Why would this happen when the car has 25miles on the odometer. Will it be safe to drive again?

the video shows what happened when I restart and try to put the vehicle in gear.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This sounds like the known battery cable weld failure that has been posted many times.

OP
OP
Oldguy66

Oldguy66

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Sienna, HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with The Weatherman, the issue with my truck was a loose connection to the GSM (gear shift motor). Once it shifted into Drive, everthing worked until it shifted to Park and then failed to shift out of Park. There was never any "Charging System Errors".

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really liked our Maverick XL we had for a month but some of this stuff makes it seem like they have the build quality one would associate with a product being assembled at gun point.

OP
OP
Oldguy66

Oldguy66

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Sienna, HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, the "Shift SYS Fault" is back again. The truck failed 9/1 (2,168 miles), 9/3 (2,196 miles), and 9/5 (2,251 miles). Of course it fails on a Holiday weekend which is even more frustrating. It seems to be heat related (it's been 100 degrees in San Diego). Does anyone in Canada want my Hybrid XLT which only gets 31 MPG?

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, the "Shift SYS Fault" is back again. The truck failed 9/1 (2,168 miles), 9/3 (2,196 miles), and 9/5 (2,251 miles). Of course it fails on a Holiday weekend which is even more frustrating. It seems to be heat related (it's been 100 degrees in San Diego). Does anyone in Canada want my Hybrid XLT which only gets 31 MPG?
Do you use them parking brake?

OP
OP
Oldguy66

Oldguy66

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Sienna, HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I use the parking brake whenever I park on a hill. My driveway is sloped, so most of the time.

OP
OP
Oldguy66

Oldguy66

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Sienna, HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I took my Maverick back to the dealer (Sept 13), they had it for a week and advised that there were "no active faults" and everthing "works as designed" - - come pick it up (Sept 19). Also, to bring it back if it happens again. So, after a brief rant, I got into the Maverick to go home and lucky for me, the gremlins woke up. The "Shift SYS Fault" happened right there at the dealer for the 10th time since I began counting.

I didn't get a loaner car but they did give me a ride home.
The truck only has 2,312.7 miles and gets 20 MPG in town but somehow gets 34 MPG on the highway. Seems like this Fault triggers the system to go into emergency, reduced power mode in city driving. So, it's unreliable and gets lousy gas mileage. I wish Mr. Farley would get me a dependable Ford. Does anyone have his cell phone number?

Ford Maverick Shift SYS Fault - Service Required (Hybrid CVT) Repair 2.JPG

Ford Maverick Shift SYS Fault - Service Required (Hybrid CVT) 20220919 Fault

TJS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT AWD 2.0
Hi my new Maverick just had this code last night. Every time I put it back in park it came up. Did they ever figure out what was causing this?

CorrigansLabs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi my new Maverick just had this code last night. Every time I put it back in park it came up. Did they ever figure out what was causing this?
This happened to my new hybrid maverick as I was driving. ended up being a blown 300amp fuse. only had 20miles on the odometer when it happened.
Sponsored