Sponsored

Seatbelt warning screen...any way to remove?????????

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No. Do it in your truck.
You can thank me later.
😎
Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Havick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Maverick & 1988 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Our XLT FX4 doesn't do this upon start up and I hope it stays that way!

Sponsored

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine showed the seat belt screen when I got my truck. I turned it off in the screen menu options.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The seat-belt reminder comes on whether you put on a seat-belt or not, just shows a green seat instead of red. You still have to click OK on the steering wheel to make it go away, even if you have it on. (n)
Therein lies the problem.

Lofton

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is odd. I’ve had 2 mavericks, both XLT ecoboost. One with FX4 (6.5 screen) that doesn’t show the seatbelts upon startup. The other was the standard screen and it showed it every time. Thought it was just a difference between screen sizes since other screen menus are different too.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thought it was just a difference between screen sizes since other screen menus are different too.
It is. Lariats and FX4s/Tremors have the larger productivity screen IPC which has an option to disable the seatbelt screen.

tkistre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is. Lariats and FX4s/Tremors have the larger productivity screen IPC which has an option to disable the seatbelt screen.
I see you have a 2022. I have a 2023 Lariat. In the Info cluster on dash, there is a screen for seatbelts, but if it is unchecked, I still get the "Seatbelt Warning" window popup like in first post of this thread. I have looked in cluster settings as well as the touchscreen above center console for a setting to turn off, but do not see one, unless I'm just missing it.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see you have a 2022. I have a 2023 Lariat. In the Info cluster on dash, there is a screen for seatbelts, but if it is unchecked, I still get the "Seatbelt Warning" window popup like in first post of this thread. I have looked in cluster settings as well as the touchscreen above center console for a setting to turn off, but do not see one, unless I'm just missing it.
In that case it's because the seatbelt is unbuckled but an occupant is detected. XL/XLT owners are typically complaining about the seatbelt status screen that comes up on startup even when buckled.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick is really overly obsessed with the seatbelts. I've just used the truck for Ubering the last 3 days, and it's extra annoying to have this seatbelt warning every single time someone gets in and out of the truck. Another thing is that the truck doesn't complain if someone gets in the back seat and does not buckle up, but if they do buckle up, then unbuckle, the seatbelt warning chime goes crazy. It won't stop until they either buckle again or get out.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick is really overly obsessed with the seatbelts. I've just used the truck for Ubering the last 3 days, and it's extra annoying to have this seatbelt warning every single time someone gets in and out of the truck. Another thing is that the truck doesn't complain if someone gets in the back seat and does not buckle up, but if they do buckle up, then unbuckle, the seatbelt warning chime goes crazy. It won't stop until they either buckle again or get out.
This is a overly litigious world we live in, thank the lawyers.....

tkistre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In that case it's because the seatbelt is unbuckled but an occupant is detected. XL/XLT owners are typically complaining about the seatbelt status screen that comes up on startup even when buckled.
I thought that might be it, because I usually press "Start" before putting on my seat belt. I just went and tried it out. I sat in the seat, put on seat belt first, then pressed "Start." That window still popped up, just showing that I had seat belt on. And... begging me to press "OK", :ROFLMAO:

JG307

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@tkistre is correct, my 2023 Lariat sends up the seatbelt screen every time, even when I'm buckled before pushing start. I cannot find a way to disable this.
Sponsored