First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know the reason Ford does not use the Ecoboost engine in the Hybrid configuration? Knowing the issues that the Ecoboost has I am kind of glad they don't.
Not sure I understand your question? They are two completely different engines, designed for different applications.
Sponsored

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not much.
  1. Hitch constraint is the wiring, not the hitch itself. (Bodes well for 4K?)
  2. XL/XLT will get one dumb key... unless you order remote start with XLT Lux, in which both will have keyless entry. Does not impact Lariat due to the intelligent entry system.
  3. Midwest region seemed to be the primary focus of scheduling last week, so unlikely they see much activity this week. He has nothing previewing and almost everything marked as "NSP," whatever that means.
Most of the rest are things we knew already. He talks about more than Maverick, which can be informative. For instance, they are listing the B&O as an optional "leave off" for many models. While the Maverick is not one of them, it does seem to indicate Ford is preparing for the possibility of shortages and want to keep the factory moving.
One "dumb" key. lol

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I left off remote start on my XLT because I'd never use it, but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't add it. I like having a spare key with keyless entry. If I have to replace one that takes a dump, I'm sure it'll cost a lot more than the $170 remote start option to get a replacement fob with keyless buttons.
I am fortunate in that regard. I can get keys made by the locksmith we use at work.

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep. If you are nice on chat then they will pretty much tell you anything you want to know. I ALWAYS start my chat with "Hello (insert chat agent's name here). Hope you are having a good day so far."

Then I wait for them to say "Thanks for that" or "Hope your day is going well as well".

Only then do I ask any questions. Haha.
That's a very good segue.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unless I completely misunderstood. That is what I gathered. Everything is computer controlled. Even the hitch lighting.
Yeppers. The downside of installing after market hitch wiring is that they detect when the brake lights on vehicle are activated and then do the same for the trailer. This means that the computer loses some of the timing controls and any desired ability to increase braking intensity on trailer since the trailer is no integrated with vehicle computer but is a stand alone slave setup.

Sponsored

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does anyone know the reason Ford does not use the Ecoboost engine in the Hybrid configuration? Knowing the issues that the Ecoboost has I am kind of glad they don't.
I would think it has too much power for the ECVT transmission.

Last edited:

GA Hot Pepper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E, F-150 Lariat, Toyota 4 Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe all of Ford’s Hybrids mate up with an Atkinson cycle engine. I forgot the reason for this pair together, but it works.

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I believe all of Ford’s Hybrids mate up with an Atkinson cycle engine. I forgot the reason for this pair together, but it works.
The Atkinson cycle trades power for efficiency which is what hybrid customers generally care about.

MCF_USCG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a cancelled Hybrid XLT 2022 rollover that was skipped over last week :( I was trying to get an estimate on how many others might be in my situation....

Is anyone else a 2022 rollerover at Priority #2 that DID NOT get an email, build date, Ford chat confirmation about scheduling?
I ordered a Lariat Hybrid on 15 Nov 2021 and was rolled over. I rcvd an email from Ford on Halloween saying we got no news for ya. I called Ford a couple weeks ago and I was told I’m still in “order status”

Walter56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Atkinson cycle trades power for efficiency which is what hybrid customers generally care about.
That's true also the list power is low end which is made up for be the torque of the electric motor

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Make sure your email address is correct on your order. My dealer left it off my 2022 order. After I had him add it I got all the emails. Then they converted my order to a 2023 order...and my dealer notified me of my new VIN and 1/5/2023 build date...but no email? So I had him check the 2023 order and it was missing the email! So had to have it added again.
Yes when Ford generated the priority 99 order for the dealer to verify that you still wanted the order. The buyer information was blanked out and to complete the order the buyer contact information was to be filled out again and DL was also needed to be copied again in order to update information again. Yes within an hour of dealer changing the 99 to 10 and getting a new updated email address on the order form I received a thank you for your order email. The 2023 priority 99 order WAS a new 2023 order with a private offer attached and should have been treated as such!!!!

BADucat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a cancelled Hybrid XLT 2022 rollover that was skipped over last week :( I was trying to get an estimate on how many others might be in my situation....

Is anyone else a 2022 rollerover at Priority #2 that DID NOT get an email, build date, Ford chat confirmation about scheduling?
I’m also a rollover with priority 2. I ordered mine Sept 21 and just recently was contacted by my dealer to transition. I’m told my production date is Jan 6.

Michael Booth

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Michael Booth

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got off phone with Ford Motor. Had a 2022 cancellation. Original order date was October 2021. Reordered 2023 3 wks ago. Have a VIN # and a build date of January 11. This for a Lariat with Luxury package.
Sponsored