Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why is he trying to drive it like a racecar, such cringe.
Because, and I don't know if you know this, some people like to drive fast.
Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wow, really? I had no idea.
Yes. And I know this may shock you, but how the base engine performs accelerating is something that some people might be interested when watching a review.

Chaseman17

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've never liked this channels reviews, I'll occasionally throw one on for random things and their comments just suck the fun out of car ownership and "being a car guy".

They're also pretty contradictory in their opinions. I remember them reviewing the new Explorer and spending a good portion of the video praising it's return to a body on frame design because it makes the Explorer feel like a truck again. Then they spent a good portion of the video bashing it's ride quality and road feel because it's a truck. You can't have both, buddy, so pick one. A truck will always feel like a truck.

Sponsored

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dash doesn’t bother me. Don’t Armor all it.

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Short and sweet, interesting that these are the first guys to bring up the reflective dash that I've seen considering every video has an obvious reflection in the front windshield.
Our 2020 AWD Escape Hybrid had a bad reflection from the dash plastics also. Particularly was the smooth plastic trim piece around the HUD and the plastic garage-door thing that would seal the screen into the dash- also smooth plastic. It wasn't so much the sun hitting the driver but the reflection in the windshield. If you didn't wear polarized sunglasses it would literally obstruct vision.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Are you saying that you don't experience the sun reflecting off the dash board then?
Not yet. Hasn’t been sunny though.

Sponsored

shocontinental

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They're also pretty contradictory in their opinions. I remember them reviewing the new Explorer and spending a good portion of the video praising it's return to a body on frame design because it makes the Explorer feel like a truck again.
Wait, what? The Explorer didn’t return to body on frame. It’s still unibody.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The final word on the Maverick is here.

I was offended by the constant focus on the cheap cost of the Maverick (I'll get over it). But in reality the price is closer to, if not over 30K for the XLT Lux, which is not really cheap if you consider it does not have AWD. My Tacoma 5 years ago with 4wd and V6 was 30K. It's not that the offering of a Maverick at 30K is CHEAP it's that the value of an F150 is not there. The F150 has grown to a huge size. And has pulled the rest of the Truck industry up with it. It's heavy, It has expensive drivetrain and probably for most people is way to big. the F150 is too expensive for what it has become. In spite of it being reasonably priced for what it is. It's a HEAVY DUTY truck that some people view as the only option for a grown man to drive. I'm super happy with the new small truck market. Thank you Ford ( and Hyundai)

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was offended by the constant focus on the cheap cost of the Maverick (I'll get over it). But in reality the price is closer to, if not over 30K for the XLT Lux, which is not really cheap if you consider it does not have AWD. My Tacoma 5 years ago with 4wd and V6 was 30K. It's not that the offering of a Maverick at 30K is CHEAP it's that the value of an F150 is not there. The F150 has grown to a huge size. And has pulled the rest of the Truck industry up with it. It's heavy, It has expensive drivetrain and probably for most people is way to big. the F150 is too expensive for what it has become. In spite of it being reasonably priced for what it is. It's a HEAVY DUTY truck that some people view as the only option for a grown man to drive. I'm super happy with the new small truck market. Thank you Ford ( and Hyundai)
Your Tacoma could probably sell for over $30k right now. The Maverick hybrid is literally the cheapest hybrid on the market and the cheapest truck by a significant margin; what is cheap to you?

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The reviewer specifically says he is reviewing an XLT Hybrid which comes in between $22 and $23K

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The reviewer specifically says he is reviewing an XLT Hybrid which comes in between $22 and $23K
Your Tacoma could probably sell for over $30k right now. The Maverick hybrid is literally the cheapest hybrid on the market and the cheapest truck by a significant margin; what is cheap to you?
30K is not Cheap - Shows that the market is inflated
That said I will agree 22k is on the cheaper side but you don't get much for the base XLT. To properly equip the prices is closer to 30K. Which was recently the average price of an SUV
Sponsored