First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No offense but it blows me away how so many people bitch about not having push button start and having to put a key in the ignition. It's not like you got to get out front and crank it like an old model tee, I just don't see the big deal.
Some people (quite a few, actually) have arthritis that makes twisting and turning motions difficult and painful. Others have disabilities of other kinds. That's why a push-button start is favored by many, particularly older people.
Sponsored

capo99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Kicks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He used to be with Vehicle Virgins, and Parker cut him out with some drama. He continues to make videos, but uses what looks like a cellphone - he is getting low views, as production and audio quality is so low compared to other channels at this size.

I will miss the push button start - that is for sure. Can't get hybrids in lariat in Canada. Such bs haha.
Agreed bs that you can’t get the hybrid lariat in Canada. Ended up ordering the XLT with lux package. Really wanted the pleather seats and satellite radio.

Mike S

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Ecosport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No offense but it blows me away how so many people bitch about not having push button start and having to put a key in the ignition. It's not like you got to get out front and crank it like an old model tee, I just don't see the big deal.
The big deal is not putting the key in the ignition. It's not having to dig around in your pocket to find the key to unlock the door when you have grocery bags in both arms.

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The big deal is not putting the key in the ignition. It's not having to dig around in your pocket to find the key to unlock the door when you have grocery bags in both arms.
For me, I've left my wife's Infiniti running too often by accident, so I'm happy with a physical key.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just plan accordingly and have the key in my hand when I pick the bags up. No harm no foul.
And I'm the guy that has one of each (keyed and key-less vehicle).

Sponsored

PD Rich

First Name
Pede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F250, 2010 Taurus Limited
keys in and out of your pocket is a PITA after button start...

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm with you, I seem to have a high tolerance (for a millenial) for many things deemed "inconvenient" today like using my keys to start a car or open my door and opening my wallet to grab my credit card to pay instead of using my phone. I'll gladly pay $100 less (or even $10) less to not have push-button start on my vehicles, but If someone else deems it worthy of paying for, no skin off my back.
I have zero issue paying $500 just for push button start. I haven't had to take my keys out of my pocket for 5 years, not about to start now.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't had to take my keys out of my pocket for 5 years, not about to start now.
Okay... But you really should wash those pants before too many more years go by... o_O

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay... But you really should wash those pants before too many more years go by... o_O

My current reply and your statement are a complete waste of internet resources.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My current reply and your statement are a complete waste of internet resources.
Seriously, you have zero sense of humor. Lighten up, you may actually live to be an old man.

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will add this.
While I've had both pushbutton and keyed start and I'm comfortable using either interchangeably, I don't know if I'll be a fan of the retractable "switchblade" key. It may feel gimmicky and fragile.

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
Yeah, I hate my iPhone's touch screen. I got a big case for it that lets me activate the phone with toggle switches. So much better. Ba humbug technological advances!

Well youre in luck! Because every car review focuses far more on whether it has push button start than any other aspect of the vehicle in my experience.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will add this.
While I've had both pushbutton and keyed start and I'm comfortable using either interchangeably, I don't know if I'll be a fan of the retractable "switchblade" key. It may feel gimmicky and fragile.
I was just thinking how :cool: it would be to have that (the switchblade key). Also, that will fit into my pocket better than a regular key.

Last edited:

Alto_Mav

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Odyssey
Me neither. I did mention this with a co-worker, and she said it was just nice not to fumble around with a key, and to just use her hand to unlock her car. I still say what's the big deal, most homes still need a key to gain access to the home, so you are still fumbling for a key. But to each their own.
I just push the garage door opener and waltz right in. No keys necessary.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have zero issue paying $500 just for push button start. I haven't had to take my keys out of my pocket for 5 years, not about to start now.
This.

That is exactly where my gripe comes from, and some members here can't figure that out. I am only bitching about push button, because in Canada, you simply cannot buy it on a hybrid. Let me buy it damn it!
Sponsored