NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This.

That is exactly where my gripe comes from, and some members here can't figure that out. I am only bitching about push button, because in Canada, you simply cannot buy it on a hybrid. Let me buy it damn it!
That's right, because you cannot get Lariat in Hybrid there. Strange decision by Ford on that.
Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's right, because you cannot get Lariat in Hybrid there. Strange decision by Ford on that.
Yes sir. So I have settled for full load XLT. My next car was going to be electric/hybrid, and wanted to stay true to that. To get Lariat, need 2.0 EB....

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This.

That is exactly where my gripe comes from, and some members here can't figure that out. I am only bitching about push button, because in Canada, you simply cannot buy it on a hybrid. Let me buy it damn it!
Exactly. It's so strange, if they weren't going to have a Lariat Hybrid in Canada, at least throw the push button start in as part of the Lux package for the XLT Hybrid. After having push button in my current Hybrid for the last 6 years I've gotten so used to never pulling my keys out.

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't wait for cars to have a touch pad start so people can complain that a push button start is too much effort.

I'll miss having a push button start, but it isn't that big a deal. I'll miss being able to tap my door handles to lock the car or not having to hit the unlock button on the keyfob more than anything. My wife won't get as annoyed though when she tries to open a door that's locked and has to wait for me to open it. I got too used to that feature.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I can't wait for cars to have a touch pad start so people can complain that a push button start is too much effort.

I'll miss having a push button start, but it isn't that big a deal. I'll miss being able to tap my door handles to lock the car or not having to hit the unlock button on the keyfob more than anything. My wife won't get as annoyed though when she tries to open a door that's locked and has to wait for me to open it. I got too used to that feature.
Yes it is kind of one of those non-issue type issues. It's just kind of a shift from what a user is used to. There are inherent security issues with the bush button/external buttons, along with needing to change fob batteries more often, but it sure makes life a little easier when your hands are full. I figure I can make up for the button feature with the keypad on the outside.

Sponsored

Ih8thew82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT LUX Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My current SUV has keyless entry, push button start, and a birdseye view camera system. All are convenient but the 4 cameras are the one thing I'll really miss on my XLT LUX Hybrid. I would definitely be willing to pay for that option.

Ih8thew82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT LUX Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Amen to annoyed wife syndrome. Not looking forward to that either.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should go on a personal finance forum (ie. Bogleheads) and see how people describe the Herculean amount of effort that is required to open their wallet and pull out a credit card compared to using Apply Pay. We're on an interesting path with convenience, I'm sure META will soon develop something that will allow us to turn on our cars with only brain waves and we can start being happy living in WALL-E. That being said, I wish those who wanted a button had the option.
Sponsored