Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They're there because of our ancestors who didn't wear their seatbelts in cars with airbags or drove recklessly in top heavy vehicles that sued after they had an accident. Same with the Ruger.
I will add a little to your explanation because I have been around before cars had seat belts. The reason for the stickers is what we called in government employment a CYA, which you learn to do real quick once you are hired by the government. So, if you don't want to get sued by some stupid idiot because they don't know how to fasten a seat belt or do some other simple thing that anyone else would do, you just put a sticker on the product and you can say when they take you to court: "We warned them with a sticker that was right in front of them." If there is no sticker, some judge that is stupid as the person suing will hang you because the customer is stupid and you didn't warn them.
Why stupid people should be warned is beyond me. All they need is a swift kick in the butt to learn.

macbrun

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This would cover up the stickers: Kartisen Car Sun Visor Organizer
As well as add even more storage. Things like this are a matter of preference, though. Takes away from the clean look you may be going for.

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota

Sponsored

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I remove the stickers how will I remeber to puy my seat belt on?

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those stickers almost feel painted on
That's the way they looked in 08, carefully pealing, heat scrink gun JUST MADE A BIG MESS :poop:

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade desert hawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if replacement visors would come with stickers already in place.

Not planning on ordering any, or reccomending it to anyone else.

Just curious.
Yup, gotta be an aftermarket visor that simply screws in place of the original. Has to be easier than the peeling, heating, scraping, taping, drinking, drinking… suggestions here. If they really need to go.

OP
OP
ShadowOfTheTree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ll report back, but plan to remove the visor and work at a bench. Things I see immediately about the four stickers (2big white and yellow, 1 black, 1white/black):
  • The 2 big white/yellow look like a thicker vinyl that should be easier
  • The other two look like they’re screenprinted on and aren’t going to peel off at all. Might come off with solvent and wiping.
  • The visor is all plastic, no cloth. Be careful with heat and chemicals but will be better than cloth.
Wish me luck.

Caper

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I removed both big white/yellow stickers from the driver side visor. The one on the backside (roll-over warning) on the mirror flap is easiest as it is a hard surface. I did that one first to see if it would work. The front side is a little harder as you have to be careful not to stretch the vinyl when pulling on the sticker. I did both by softening with a hairdryer on low heat setting (as in only warm on the hand) and going slow. Use your hand as a heat gauge...if it is hot for your hand it is too hot for the vinyl.

I used my finger nail to pick up an edge to start and then slow swept the area with the hair dryer while pulling slowly on the sticker. Mine came off in one piece. It took about 10 minutes for each sticker. There was no residue to remove afterwards or damage to the vinyl. I didn't remove the visor from the vehicle to do this but it might give you better control if you did.

Sponsored

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will add a little to your explanation because I have been around before cars had seat belts. The reason for the stickers is what we called in government employment a CYA, which you learn to do real quick once you are hired by the government. So, if you don't want to get sued by some stupid idiot because they don't know how to fasten a seat belt or do some other simple thing that anyone else would do, you just put a sticker on the product and you can say when they take you to court: "We warned them with a sticker that was right in front of them." If there is no sticker, some judge that is stupid as the person suing will hang you because the customer is stupid and you didn't warn them.
Why stupid people should be warned is beyond me. All they need is a swift kick in the butt to learn.
Why our nation works so diligently to protect and preserve idiots is beyond me. Natural selection is the best method....😂

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will remove them as soon as I get my truck. Which based on scheduling today looks like never
As much as I don't care for them (on more than one level), unless I was 100% certain that they can be removed without a trace, I would just learn to live with it.

I have never even given the stickers a thought.....

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I removed both big white/yellow stickers from the driver side visor. The one on the backside (roll-over warning) on the mirror flap is easiest as it is a hard surface. I did that one first to see if it would work. The front side is a little harder as you have to be careful not to stretch the vinyl when pulling on the sticker. I did both by softening with a hairdryer on low heat setting (as in only warm on the hand) and going slow. Use your hand as a heat gauge...if it is hot for your hand it is too hot for the vinyl.

I used my finger nail to pick up an edge to start and then slow swept the area with the hair dryer while pulling slowly on the sticker. Mine came off in one piece. It took about 10 minutes for each sticker. There was no residue to remove afterwards or damage to the vinyl. I didn't remove the visor from the vehicle to do this but it might give you better control if you did.

Your method sounds the easiest of all. Thx for posting.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never even given the stickers a thought.....
Me neither. I think I would just find something to cover it up if it bothered me that much. Like a good picture of my cats or something

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid