First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
225,000 mi. Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
is there anything new out there for putting a remote oil drain in so that big underside cover doesn't have to be removed?
Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
The only oil change videos I've happen to see are with the FX4 and that giant metal skid plate that needs to be removed. I would imagine (or hope at least) that the hybrid (and I assume ecoboost) has an access panel for the drain/filter like every other sedan/suv with normal plastic undercovers.

ffjack15

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only oil change videos I've happen to see are with the FX4 and that giant metal skid plate that needs to be removed. I would imagine (or hope at least) that the hybrid (and I assume ecoboost) has an access panel for the drain/filter like every other sedan/suv with normal plastic undercovers.
There's no access panel on the ecoboost to change oil it also has a cover.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost

mavmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
entire plate does not need to be removed.
entire skidplate has to be removed from mav hybrid. let me know if you can change an oil filter without removing entire skid plate. cut the hole in a skidplate - is the only solution that i see.

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is no “skid plate” on the Hybrid, LOL. There is a fiber cover.....

Last edited:

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is no “skid plate” LOL. There is a fiber cover.....

Correct, but that fiber cover on the EB does have to be removed. That meas about 15 screws to remove. I have done it several times already.

mavmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
it is still 15 extra screws to unscrew it. will extra hole harm aerodynamics? is the purpose of plastic cover for debris protection or for aerodynamic. aerodynamic ? ford pickup and aerodynamic? two incompatible things.

Last edited:

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm going to look at a Fumoto drain plug. I know others here have used one, and I've had them in the past. The question is: can I get my hand to it easily?

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
it is still 15 screws ment to be for an aerodynamic. aerodynamic ? ford pickup and aerodynamic? two incompatible things.
Well, that's certainly not true., LOL ..... and not how the Auto Industry works....

Sponsored

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm going to look at a Fumoto drain plug. I know others here have used one, and I've had them in the past. The question is: can I get my hand to it easily?
Pretty sure nothing can get next to the drain plug without removing the "aero" cover. The Fumoto just keeps you from stripping the threads.

mavmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Auto Industry works....
The way it works that Ford is drilling bunch of holes in skid plate as a "solution" for engine fire recall. should i worry about extra hole for my convenience ? I just will drill one more hole to expedite oil filter replacement. JUST ONE MORE HOLE 🕳
Ford Maverick remote oil draining.... 1670620856187

:ROFLMAO:

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The way it works that Ford is drilling bunch of holes in skid plate as a "solution" for engine fire recall. should i worry about extra hole for my convenience ? I just will drill one more hole to expedite oil filter replacement. JUST ONE MORE HOLE 🕳

:ROFLMAO:
I have no clue what you are talking about, you stated:

"it is still 15 extra screws to unscrew it. will extra hole harm aerodynamics? is the purpose of plastic cover for debris protection or for aerodynamic. aerodynamic ? ford pickup and aerodynamic? two incompatible things."

to your incorrect aero comment I responded 'that's not the way the Auto Industry works'

Aero is very much a part of the Maverick and every vehicle's designed and build...

mavmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Aero is very much a part of the Maverick
No problem. i will explain. What i mean maverick or any other pickup of this type is not an aerodynamic car at all comparing to other cars that are like a water drop shape. An extra hole will not change car aerodynamic.
Simply put, aerodynamics is the way air interacts with objects, in this case a ford maverick will have extra hole in addition to the holes that ford dealers drill. during recall.
Therefore, I should not be concerned about extra hole. it will not effect virtually not existing drag coefficient i would assume ford mav. drag coefficient 0.4 range. i don't know actual drag efficiency of mav. but it is still a brick shape with bunch of exposed parts underneath of the car that cause huge aerodynamic drug. i still love my brick. there is nothing not to like for 22k

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No problem. i will explain. What i mean maverick or any other pickup of this type is not an aerodynamic car at all comparing to other cars that are like a water drop shape. An extra hole will not change car aerodynamic.
Simply put, aerodynamics is the way air interacts with objects, in this case a ford maverick will have extra hole in addition to the holes that ford dealers drill. during recall.
Therefore, I should not be concerned about extra hole. it will not effect virtually not existing drag coefficient i would assume ford mav. drag coefficient 0.4 range. i don't know actual drag efficiency of mav. but it is still a brick shape with bunch of exposed parts underneath of the car that cause huge aerodynamic drug. i still love my brick. there is nothing not to like for 22k
I have an idea. Remove the 15 screws, remove the under engine guard, change your oil and filter, re-install under engine guard, wash up and go have lunch.
Sponsored