Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford F150 Crew Cab XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Possible stupid question:
When I use remote start on my Hybrid, will it actually warm up on a cold morning? Also, will it kill my battery letting it sit there and run the heater?
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course it will warm up. Does it not warm up without remote start?

Why would it kill the battery? It's a hybrid. It has an engine to recharge the battery. And you can't remote start when low on gas, so you shouldn't run out.

Put differently, why do you think remote start only uses the battery? Even plug-in hybrids will fire up the ICE for heat/cooling as needed, when remotely started.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is a good question. I do know on my EB Escape, remote start doesn't run the climate control at full speed. It'll turn on the heated seats and wheel as well as run the heater, but I have noticed they tend to be at a lower setting until I get in and hit the start button. Then everything ramps up. Same with the a/c in the summer.

So, it is good for getting the nip out of the air, but it won't be overly comfortable until you actually "start" the vehicle.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, it turns on heated seats and steering, and the HVAC heat. No, it won't kill your battery - the engine will come on and will probably run the whole time.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do know on my EB Escape, remote start doesn't run the climate control at full speed
That's because blasting full heat moves air away from the engine which it's trying to warm up. It's the same as if you leave it in auto, it'll turn the heat up but as you drive and the engine gets to a certain temp, then it'll open vents/increase the the blower speed.

Sponsored

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm trying the remote start with it set on "auto" right now. Used to use "last settings" in my escape, but that meant I had to make sure the heat or AC was on and set how I wanted when I shut it off before. 10 minutes before getting in after remote start this way and I could have an oven in the winter or ice box in the summer. I've found the "auto" does just what Bob mentions, take the nip out of the air, not really overly comfortable, But to be fair, I've only had it running for maybe 5 minutes tops before getting in it this week. Also when I go outside, I can tell the ICE is running, and can hear the blower when I get in the truck, but not full speed, and controls don't show where the air is being directed (defrost, face, or feet) until I get in and start it.

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The last week in West Tn the lows have been in the 20s and highs in the high 30s and low 40s have not pre started my Maverick yet just get in back up and go in about 30 seconds. I have a long driveway about 800 ft by the time I get to the end I turn off my set warmer and steering wheel heat have been very happy with how fast it's warms up only bad thing I have noticed I have lost about four miles to the gallon with the cold temps . But still love this truck!!!👻🦄❄☃🌨👍😊

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So another question- The settings in remote start only let you select "Auto" in remote start for seats and steering wheel and it doesn't seem to auto-activate these too work with the heat functions-

What am I missing ?

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m not sure what you mean? When I got home tonight, I checked and the maverick is like my escape for remote start settings: auto or last settings. If I were to have it set to last settings and the heat cranked on defrost with both seats and steering wheel on and turn off the vehicle. Remote start the truck in the morning and when I go out to get in, everything that was on when I shut the truck off the night before is turned on and working

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm up near buffalo (fortunately outside the snow belt that just hit)

I remote start in the morning, usually for about 15 minutes, when I get in, the ICE is running, the truck is warm, the defroster is usually set to "MAX" the seat is warming (only driver though) and the steering wheel heater is cranking. In the winter... For the summer (what little we get) it was usually cool, but the ICE wasn't running.

Also, being cold out, my mpg has taken a noticeable hit...

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So another question- The settings in remote start only let you select "Auto" in remote start for seats and steering wheel and it doesn't seem to auto-activate these too work with the heat functions-

What am I missing ?

Not sure if I really understand your question.....
If you choose auto, the heated steering wheel and heated driver seat will turn on if it is cold out..... I don't know what the temperature counts as low.... I only remote start when temps are below freezing. Seats and wheel are always on for me!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure if I really understand your question.....
If you choose auto, the heated steering wheel and heated driver seat will turn on if it is cold out..... I don't know what the temperature counts as low.... I only remote start when temps are below freezing. Seats and wheel are always on for me!
I haven't been able to get the seats on when remote starting with either setting - Will try again.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't been able to get the seats on when remote starting with either setting - Will try again.
I have all the remote start settings on "auto".

I can't find any specifics as to what counts as "cold".

From owners manual (both "notes" about "remote start"):

Note:If you switch the heated seat settings on, the heated seats turn on during cold weather.
Note: If you switch the heated steering wheel settings on, the heated steering wheel turn on during cold weather.

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

remote started mine this morning and drivers seat and wheel were on, but not the passenger seat, not sure if I've ever paid attention to if it's been on or not? I have settings in the truck to "auto"

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it has to be below 40 degrees for the heated wheel and seats to turn on when remote starting .
Sponsored