Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hijacked this video from this thread:

2.5 Hybrid Oil Change and Underside Views - Ford Boss Me Video

to put it in the Hybrid Powertrain section as it is relevant for us Hybrid owners

Thanks @FORD BOSS ME

It was good to hear the report on the oil condition after 5400 miles. Very clean with no fuel smell unlike the EcoBoost engine.

After watching this I am no longer going to change my oil early and will change at the one year interval as I drive Normal and only put on max 6,000 miles yearly.
Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

to put it in the Hybrid Powertrain section as it is relevant for us Hybrid owners

Thanks @FORD BOSS ME

It was good to hear the report on the oil condition after 5400 miles. Very clean with no fuel smell unlike the EcoBoost engine.

After watching this I am no longer going to change my oil early and will change at the one year interval as I drive Normal and only put on max 6,000 miles yearly.
He had lots of good things to say about the hybrid!

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else notice 28 mpgs?

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else notice 28 mpgs?
I wouldn't put much weight to it as he said it was a demo unit for "magazine guys" so who knows how they were test driving it.

My Hybrid is currently averaging 39.6 MPG over 66 miles.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn't put much weight to it as he said it was a demo unit for "magazine guys" so who knows how they were test driving it.

My Hybrid is currently averaging 39.6 MPG over 66 miles.
I am hoping someone trailered....

Sponsored

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was that some kind of shielding that had to be unbolted before the oil change?

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See a number of videos but enjoyed seeing the undercarriage and like the comments of the beefier rear supports, shield and the space to work.

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1:28 into the video
Looks like the hybrid battery fluid is warmed up by the exhaust gases via this heat exchanger.
Ford Maverick First 2.5 Hybrid Oil Change @ 5400 miles [Video DIY & Oil Analysis] HybridExhaus

Ford Maverick First 2.5 Hybrid Oil Change @ 5400 miles [Video DIY & Oil Analysis] HybridExhaust

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks @FORD BOSS ME

Yes the maintenance should be much less on this engine than the EB. Also, since the electric motor drives the vehicle for a significant part of the duty cycle of the engine.. I read Ford estimates oil changes could last 10,000 miles. The engine doesn't run all the time! (I will change at 6-7000 miles though ) As a side note this engine also uses regular grade gas. ;-)

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes the maintenance should be much less on this engine than the EB. Also, since the electric motor drives the vehicle for a significant part of the duty cycle of the engine.. I read Ford estimates oil changes could last 10,000 miles. The engine doesn't run all the time! (I will change at 6-7000 miles though ) As a side note this engine also uses regular grade gas. ;-)
Just about all modern engines on normal drive cycles with an OLM will trigger service in the 8-10k mile range, this is nothing unique to a hybrid.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just about all modern engines on normal drive cycles with an OLM will trigger service in the 8-10k mile range, this is nothing unique to a hybrid.
Ford's point was that the hybrid will go longer between oil because the engine is not running as much as standard ICE

Last edited:

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford's point was that the hybrid will go longer between oil because the engine is not running as much as standard EV
Can and should are different things. I still change my oil every 5k miles in my hybrid. In theory because the oil sits more, it could be collecting more condensation, which is bad. Either way, even if you drive less than 10k miles a year, at the very least do a yearly oil change regardless.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can and should are different things. I still change my oil every 5k miles in my hybrid. In theory because the oil sits more, it could be collecting more condensation, which is bad. Either way, even if you drive less than 10k miles a year, at the very least do a yearly oil change regardless.
Agree - I think that's why they put a DATE on the expiration of the engine oil as well as a Mileage rating. But for those who drive a lot of miles the DATE may not really be an issue
Sponsored