First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Subaru Forester, Audi A5 Cabriolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked up my velocity blue Maverick Lariat with Lux Pkg. It was a long time coming. I had ordered on June 21. Very satisfied with the vehicle and the dealer. Bought it from Depaula Ford in Albany New York.
Ok, back to the topic. When I got home with the Maverick on inspection my son noticed the rear seat was not latching. It did not seem to be a big problem and told my son that when I took it in for the first oil change I would have the dealer check it out.
I decided to look on the internet to see if anyone else had the problem. Well, it looks like quite a few people have this problem. Some suggested following the instructions in the owner's manual. Tried that without too much success. A few people mentioned installing two washers under each screw to bring out the bracket. I felt that the bracket was not out far enough to engage the latch. So I gave it a try. It worked.

Ford Maverick Rear Seat Not Latching 1651076560246

With washers

Ford Maverick Rear Seat Not Latching 1651076543664

Without washers

Ford Maverick Rear Seat Not Latching 1651076477434

Without washers

I hope this helps fix your problems
Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So if you slammed it really hard without the washers would it latch?

Also is there adjustment seat side.
Yes. I have a pet hammock and use the child seat tethers to secure the straps.

I always slam it to secure the latch whenever I remove or reinstall the hammock. I'm okay with that.

Ford Maverick Rear Seat Not Latching RearSeatBackProtector

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
So if you slammed it really hard without the washers would it latch?

Also is there adjustment seat side.
Same thing happened to us, I couldn't get the seat to latch after bringing it home and inspecting. I was afraid to slam it, it is husband's truck lol, so he did, it worked.

OP
OP
BretMaverick

BretMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Subaru Forester, Audi A5 Cabriolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Slamming it really hard did not latch in my case. Some people had success with slamming it hard. If you can not get it to latch by hard slamming, give the washers a try. It's an easy fix, minimum cost and time. Does require a #30 Torq to remove the screws.

Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have found (at least on my Mav) that pulling on the releasing strap - the same way one does when unlatching - while putting the seat panel back up and then releasing the strap once it is fully shut rather than just slamming it closed does the trick.

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had to slam it to get it to latch. I was suspecting it was the first aid kit I put back there was sticking out just enough to put pressure on it from latching softly. Maybe it always that way.

Zackmix2020

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same thing has happened to me, I would slam it as hard as I can but nothing worked. It eventually fixed by itself but this was helpful if this happens to me again.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Picked up my velocity blue Maverick Lariat with Lux Pkg. It was a long time coming. I had ordered on June 21. Very satisfied with the vehicle and the dealer. Bought it from Depaula Ford in Albany New York.
Ok, back to the topic. When I got home with the Maverick on inspection my son noticed the rear seat was not latching. It did not seem to be a big problem and told my son that when I took it in for the first oil change I would have the dealer check it out.
I decided to look on the internet to see if anyone else had the problem. Well, it looks like quite a few people have this problem. Some suggested following the instructions in the owner's manual. Tried that without too much success. A few people mentioned installing two washers under each screw to bring out the bracket. I felt that the bracket was not out far enough to engage the latch. So I gave it a try. It worked.

1651076560246.jpeg

With washers

1651076543664.jpeg

Without washers

1651076477434.jpeg

Without washers

Hi there! Send a private message to us with your VIN and the name & location of your Ford dealership, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Same issue I had. "Fixed" it by placing my palm on the front of the seat where the it lines up with the latch on the back and slammed it will follow through.

Works fine for me now.

Kirkstone

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, BMW X1, MINI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was delivered with the rear seat back unlatched :rolleyes: but finally a hard enough slam got it sorted. On the punch list.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

1651076560246.jpeg

With washers

1651076543664.jpeg

Without washers

1651076477434.jpeg

Without washers

Have you tried this :

1. When the seat is down pull the release handle.
2. Start to pull up seat
3. Hold seat with other hand and let go of the release handle
4. Finish pulling up seat and it should latch

The trick is that the seat will not latch if the release pull is still extended out.

Hope this helps.

troynm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat hybrid, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same problem so I'll try to sort it out tomorrow. I've tried pulling on the latch while I close it and generally have to just slam it really hard.
Sponsored