First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I had a few spare minutes today and thought I’d throw this on, pair the Bluetooth with the app and check it out a bit. Install involves literally two plugs and find a spot to mount the unit. The longest part of the install was removing the front skid plate on my FX4 as it makes it easier to reach.

I’m not going to go wild and beat on the truck until I can get it over to my tuner to monitor things. However, I did do two quick 0-60 sprints and it seems much quicker. Throttle response is night and day and the power-band is much more smooth. I don’t have a dragy or any figures in black and white to offer anyone yet. The earliest I can get into my tuner with both of our schedules in January 5th.

I also ran the truck around for several miles in eco mode as I was equally interested in that aspect of the unit as the go-fast portion. The revs definitely hang lower and drives in a similar manner to the eco mode in my previous vehicle.

Will report back in January once I get the truck on the dyno and see what happens. Until then the product is going to stay on eco mode and I’ll see if there’s any noticeable difference in fuel efficiency.

Ford Maverick RaceChip Piggyback Tune released for 2022 Maverick 94DD3CBC-BB9F-4444-BB9A-AEB01007740C

Ford Maverick RaceChip Piggyback Tune released for 2022 Maverick 6ED84926-2C21-48E9-8784-96FECB977489
Sponsored

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Well, I had a few spare minutes today and thought I’d throw this on, pair the Bluetooth with the app and check it out a bit. Install involves literally two plugs and find a spot to mount the unit. The longest part of the install was removing the front skid plate on my FX4 as it makes it easier to reach.

I’m not going to go wild and beat on the truck until I can get it over to my tuner to monitor things. However, I did do two quick 0-60 sprints and it seems much quicker. Throttle response is night and day and the power-band is much more smooth. I don’t have a dragy or any figures in black and white to offer anyone yet. The earliest I can get into my tuner with both of our schedules in January 5th.

I also ran the truck around for several miles in eco mode as I was equally interested in that aspect of the unit as the go-fast portion. The revs definitely hang lower and drives in a similar manner to the eco mode in my previous vehicle.

Will report back in January once I get the truck on the dyno and see what happens. Until then the product is going to stay on eco mode and I’ll see if there’s any noticeable difference in fuel efficiency.

94DD3CBC-BB9F-4444-BB9A-AEB01007740C.jpeg

6ED84926-2C21-48E9-8784-96FECB977489.png

Please let us know how its going. I am interested in picking this up.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick

94DD3CBC-BB9F-4444-BB9A-AEB01007740C.jpeg

6ED84926-2C21-48E9-8784-96FECB977489.png

Any updates on this? im more interested in the MPG increase. EPA rating being 30mpg HWY and a 20% increase is 36MPG. Seeing how i cant order the hybrid right now this may be enough to sway me into the ecoboost.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any updates on this? im more interested in the MPG increase. EPA rating being 30mpg HWY and a 20% increase is 36MPG. Seeing how i cant order the hybrid right now this may be enough to sway me into the ecoboost.
Sorry, life has been hectic in the New Year. My tuner got the super-scary-flu-disease-death-bug and we cancelled our Jan 5 date. I’ve not had an opportunity to get some time set aside to get back to him.

In regards to fuel economy…The last full tank and the tank I’m currently on I have noticed an increase in fuel economy. However, that increase is nowhere near 20% more in the range of 10% and I cannot necessarily attribute it to this product. In this time period I have also played with tire pressure in my Toyo’s and firmed them up a bit to try and achieve a little better fuel economy. I would not purchase this product with the sole intent of increasing fuel economy.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Thanks for the update! I see so many real world mpg reports for these 2.0L that seem all over the place. Anywhere from 17mpg to 32mpg even as much as 43mpg on the highways (this is a stretch but it mentioned it was the f4x package so it had to be a 2.0l or a lie lol)... I'm a pretty conscientious driver so I imagine I'd be in the 30s but who knows.

Sponsored

FX4 Maverick

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
I purchased the gts version no complaints here does exactly what it says worth the money if u ask me. Easy install. Easily controlled by app.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the update! I see so many real world mpg reports for these 2.0L that seem all over the place. Anywhere from 17mpg to 32mpg even as much as 43mpg on the highways (this is a stretch but it mentioned it was the f4x package so it had to be a 2.0l or a lie lol)... I'm a pretty conscientious driver so I imagine I'd be in the 30s but who knows.
I have to really work to get 30 mpg on highway driving here in East Texas. Oh, I can get it and have, but I have to pay attention to how I drive and take advantage of places where I don't need very much accelerator. I would love for the chip to work. If it is confirmed to add mpg, I would pull the trigger in a heart beat.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m a little nervous with the unit sitting in the engine bay, though I’m sure it’s fine with the vibration and heat cycling. Very interested in your findings.

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4
I just installed my gts race chip to my fx4 bc I don't have sport mode...effing sucks. But with this chip makes feel like you have sport mode all the time. And it feels and pulls much harder. I have it on map 7 but I have yet to dyno it one I have a open schedule I will dyno the the maverick and post up a video.

FX4 Maverick

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
I just installed my gts race chip to my fx4 bc I don't have sport mode...effing sucks. But with this chip makes feel like you have sport mode all the time. And it feels and pulls much harder. I have it on map 7 but I have yet to dyno it one I have a open schedule I will dyno the the maverick and post up a video.
I have one as well in my FX4 I really like it interested in your dyno results.

Sponsored

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine just came in yesterday but haven't installed yet. I don't have access to a awd dyno so that won't be happening any time soon but I'm gonna go for acceleration times and Mpg. I get between 27 to 30. (Usually 29)depends on where I'm driving approaching 8k miles on it. If it gets me another 4-5mpg then I'll consider it a win especially with the way gas prices are going. ( even before the Russia crap currently happening) filled up from 1/3 of a tank with regular and it cost me more than filling it from 1/8 when I bought it in October

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also is anyone else have the problem where if you use cruise control you actually get worse gas mileage in their Maverick. I had a trip the other day where I was down to 25 miles per gallon and I'd been using the cruise control quite a bit so when I filled up on the way back I did this accident trip but didn't use cruise control at all and got 3 extra miles per gallon on that trip Just suck my little strange wondering if anybody else has had that

wegz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wegz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, golf gti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Greetings all! I'm trying to help my sister with the install of one of these remotely. The docs RaceChip sent her actually had a 2.3T Ford Ranger engine bay in the pictures. Does anyone have pictures of where the A and B sensors are, or any written tips they could offer on the install process. Thanks and happy boosting!

UPDATE: She got the chip installed, thanks for nothing! (jK).

Taking down the FX4 skidplate allowed access to plug B which she mentioned was a bit tough to get disconnected.

Last edited:

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Sorry, life has been hectic in the New Year. My tuner got the super-scary-flu-disease-death-bug and we cancelled our Jan 5 date. I’ve not had an opportunity to get some time set aside to get back to him.

In regards to fuel economy…The last full tank and the tank I’m currently on I have noticed an increase in fuel economy. However, that increase is nowhere near 20% more in the range of 10% and I cannot necessarily attribute it to this product. In this time period I have also played with tire pressure in my Toyo’s and firmed them up a bit to try and achieve a little better fuel economy. I would not purchase this product with the sole intent of increasing fuel economy.
A few months later, what are your thoughts on the chip?

Fav88

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Eco 2T Lux, 4K Tow, FX4
Thanks to CLH917, I managed to install non Bluetooth GTS last Christmas on the FX4, 4K, LUX, 360. The goal is to gain MPG. The instructions & pictures were from some other Ford engine.

I managed to test mode 1 (eco) through to 7 (sporty) for almost 500miles round trip. 70% highway 20% city & 10% sandy beach. Drove 60miles in each mode roughly.

Here the results:

Modes 1-5 mostly no difference. I think Eco mode 1&2 got the worst MPG & sluggish acceleration in ECO mode.

Mode ***6 is the best MPG & great acceleration. 37MPG on 6miles of sand going 30mph. 33mpg on 65miles of highway going 70mph. Mixed driving average 27.8MPG

Mode 7 excellent acceleration with the factory posted MPG

Long term setup, Mode 6 for 5000miles average mix driving 27.6MPG.

Without racechip GTS 2000 miles average mix driving 22.6MPG. (Unplugged or Mode 0)

IMHO, worth the gas savings in mode 6. Mode 7 for sporty driving. ECO modes 1-3 is negligible.
Sponsored