ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At some point I should have a carbonized grey 1st edition delivered.

I do not know anything about ceramic coating and wondered if anyone with knowledge or experience could help me out.

Would ceramic coating help with reducing paint chips?

Would it help protect the decals?

Are there brands or types of ceramic coat products that are superior or that I should look for?

Thanks.
Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
I am wondering the same, and what is the normal cost?

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cost is $$$ as any reputable shop is gonna do a 1 stage paint correction usually.
But it won’t protect against paint chips. Ceramic coating makes it easier to clean, and helps guard against scratches.
paint protection film will help guard against chips though. Neither one is cheap. Neither one is a one time cost either. Ppf needs replaced after X amount of years. Ceramic coating needs to be maintained.

my quote for ppf was:
1. Partial hood (about 20” up), partial fenders, mirrors, bumper: $850.00
2. Full hood, partial fenders, mirrors, bumper: $1390.00
3. Full hood, full fenders, mirrors, bumper: $1790.00
4. Headlights/fog lamps: $80.00
Xpel Ultimate film.

Edit: also wanted to add that anything you can buy at Walmart is NOT “ceramic coating”. Anything that is sprayed from a bottle is not a ceramic coating. Not saying those products are bad. Just know what you are getting.

Last edited:

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ceramic coating is easy to do, it takes about 2 hours to do. There are plenty of videos on Youtube on how to do it. We just bought a 2022 Honda CRV, and I did the ceramic coated. Was very easy, Cost to purchase the ceramic was $200 out of pocket.

OP
OP
ttthhasdf

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cost is $$$ as any reputable shop is gonna do a 1 stage paint correction usually.
But it won’t protect against paint chips. Ceramic coating makes it easier to clean, and helps guard against scratches.
paint protection film will help guard against chips though. Neither one is cheap. Neither one is a one time cost either. Ppf needs replaced after X amount of years. Ceramic coating needs to be maintained.

my quote for ppf was:
Xpel Ultimate film.

Edit: also wanted to add that anything you can buy at Walmart is NOT “ceramic coating”. Anything that is sprayed from a bottle is not a ceramic coating. Not saying those products are bad. Just know what you are getting.
Thank you so much for the post it really helps me out. I appreciate you taking the time to answer. It gives me a lot to think about. I wonder if paint protection film on the hood would help with the decal on the first edition.

Just keep it waxed don’t waste $. It is only a 20k car afterall.
Well, its a $36K car, but I get that it isn't that special or anything, but I would like to keep it in good shape and keep the stickers on it.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

my quote for ppf was:
Xpel Ultimate film.

Last year had my 2021 Subaru Crosstrek had pretty much your #3 done with the exception of the mirrors but add in the Headlights with Xpel Ultimate film for $1000. Look around you can get it done for less. The Company that did my Crosstrek was fairly expensive as I had a couple of lower quotes but I liked their shop and the owner did the work himself.. Then I had the whole Vehicle Ceramic coated which was another $900.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At some point I should have a carbonized grey 1st edition delivered.

I do not know anything about ceramic coating and wondered if anyone with knowledge or experience could help me out.

Would ceramic coating help with reducing paint chips?

Would it help protect the decals?

Are there brands or types of ceramic coat products that are superior or that I should look for?

Thanks.
Following.

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last year had my 2021 Subaru Crosstrek had pretty much your #3 done with the exception of the mirrors but add in the Headlights with Xpel Ultimate film for $1000. Look around you can get it done for less. The Company that did my Crosstrek was fairly expensive as I had a couple of lower quotes but I liked their shop and the owner did the work himself.. Then I had the whole Vehicle Ceramic coated which was another $900.
What was your experience with the ppf and ceramic coating?
I've heard that the ppf is supposed to be self healing after minor scratches.
It's pretty expensive but I like the idea of rain just falling off, my Alto blue seems to attract water spots like nothing I've ever seen before.

Sponsored

Ford88

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
PPF 100% the way to go, nothing is going to protect the car the same way. Ceramic is cool, doesn’t seem to hold up up north at least though. The salt will eat at everything.

Asaleigh

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
asA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.somethingcreativetattoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl, 2017 focus RS, 1985 merkur xr4ti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rocks are going to chip the paint no matter what. I've had cars with ppf and cars without. Both get chips, but the one with ppf are smaller and less deep... But both cars are still chipped after a year of commuting. Ceramic is cool, but doesn't protect it just makes it easier to clean. Ford's paint is pretty bad in general it doesn't hold up to rock chips at all.

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
I just had it done at the dealer, it cost me $500. They gave me a 7 year warranty against fading, chalking, loss of gloss, acid rain damage, bird waste damage, tree sap damage, UV damage, and water spots damage. They will also re-apply the ceramic coating after 7 years for free every 2 years which will keep the warranty going for the life of the vehicle all in writing. The shine is incredible and since I did get my Maverick in HPR color, lariat lux, FX4, 4 K tow, alloy wheels, moon roof, and tri fold hard cover I have close to 40K into my Maverick. I am glad I did it time will tell if I do it again on the next vehicle I buy.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I am wondering the same, and what is the normal cost?
Here is a quote I received. It's the only quote I got but comes from a reputable company in my area.

For PPF we offer
Beginners package:
-front bumper
-partial hood
-partial fenders
-headlights
-side mirror caps
Price: $1,550

Standard Package:
-front bumper
-full custom hood
-full fenders
-headlights
-side mirror caps
Price: $2,250

The most common package for PPF:
Premium Package
-front bumper
-full custom hood
-full fenders
-side mirror caps
-headlights
-A Pillars
-partial roof
-rocker panel kit(lower section side doors, rocker panels, rear-wheel impact area
Price: $3,295

Exterior paint ceramic coating:
Paint Correction (required prior to ceramic coating): $300-400/step
3 month package with ceramic pro sport: $300
2 year package with ceramic pro: $650
4 year package with xpel fusion: $800
5 year package with ceramic pro: $950
Interior Ceramic coating: $450
Glass Coating: $300

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
It also protects against brake dust damage, de-icing agents damage, paint overspray damage, and insect damage. Again it is all in writing from the Ford dealer so that for me was worth it.
Sponsored