Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Dealer stated cost plus 10% but no concrete figures. Considered trading in my 05 Ranger Edge with 46k miles on it but got low-balled IMO at $4400. Will sell it after my Mav gets here.
Invoice + 10% is a worse deal than MSRP. There's only like 3% markup on the Maverick. Unless they were estimating OTD.
Sponsored

BARTMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well even if's its only $100 it's still worth the $35 I'll be doing it after this next week of schedule..I need to make sure there will be 90 days of membership
Here's what the X plan saves me on my Lariat build

Attachments

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Invoice + 10% is a worse deal than MSRP. There's only like 3% markup on the Maverick. Unless they were estimating OTD.
Thanks, haven't seen any numbers yet but I will keep your info in mind.

Minister Lewis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Altima Coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm glad I checked this topic out. I had never heard of the x plan before. Going to sign up now so I can get that nice discount. Thanks!

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Il made a mistake. When I ordered my Maverick, I didn't negotiate the price. My salesperson said we would do it when the Mav came in. I'm trading in my Frontier, so we'll have to rework everything anyway. Did I make a big mistake? Did you negotiate yours before your order? If you did, what parts did you get them to lower/drop? Thanks.
What did you sign, if anything? I would not want to be expecting a specific model to show up and then be !surprise!-ed by the ADM items that add profit and cost but little to no value. Once it is on the lot, and your price is being 're-negotiated' then and there, you will be starting from scratch, with the dealer holding the keys.... dangling them in front of you, suggesting 'it is only $56 per month more...'.
I would work to get the price settled, and have the 'out' of removing the Frontier from the deal if the trade value at settlement is not satisfactory. Get it done now while you have the option of re-negotiating, even with another dealer if yours is un-cooperative.
tom

Sponsored

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you point me in the direction to buy the X-Plan....I wasn't going to do it because I thought we would have the Maverick within 3 months..lol and God Laughs... But I will wait to buy after this next weeks 4-weeks of scheduling is over
If you’re a member of The Mustang Club after 90 days you qualify for X Pricing. A GREAT Club if you’re a Mustang Fan (I factory ordered a Mustang Mach 1 back in 1976, been a fan ever since) also you don’t need to own one just a fan of the whole Mustang lineage. Good luck

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you point me in the direction to buy the X-Plan....I wasn't going to do it because I thought we would have the Maverick within 3 months..lol and God Laughs... But I will wait to buy after this next weeks 4-weeks of scheduling is over

Before you spend money to get X-plan through a club, check a few options first. Many employers offer it, some credit unions, credit cards, and other memberships also include it for members. If you have 100 shares of Ford Stock, you also get it as well.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ford X Plan is for former Ford related employees (dealership level, Mftr level etc.)...

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am trading in or selling my VW Tiguan. I have seen several people on here mention they got a really good value from Carvana. Once I know my vehicle is scheduled, I am going to the dealer for their appraisal/offer. I am also going to try Carvana and see which one makes me the best offer on my VW.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well even if's its only $100 it's still worth the $35 I'll be doing it after this next week of schedule..I need to make sure there will be 90 days of membership
thought I read someplace there is a waiting period before you can use your discount? I could be wrong but I thought it was like 2-3 months?

OP
OP

valeriews

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Keep an eye on your KBB trade-in prices..they are going up again..at least for my truck and area jumped about $500 in the last week
That's what has me wondering if I should buy something now instead of waiting. Back in February, we were $5000 upside down in the truck. Now, we are $700 upside down. I wasn't worried when I thought there was a chance I would get the Mav by the end of the year. Now, I'm wondering if I should be looking at the 2021 Rangers so I can get the trade finished while the value is higher. So many decisions...

OP
OP

valeriews

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I joined the Mustang Club of America for $35 a year. www.mustang.org for details.
What did the Mustang Club get you? Was it good for X price? Does it say you have to be a member before you order? Thanks for the idea. I did join the Farm Bureau to get the $500, but x price is better.

BARTMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What did the Mustang Club get you? Was it good for X price? Does it say you have to be a member before you order? Thanks for the idea. I did join the Farm Bureau to get the $500, but x price is better.
The only reason I joined the MCA was to get the X plan pricing and you do have to belong for at least 90 days before you can get the X plan pricing. You don't have to be a member when you order but you have had to been a member for a least 90 days before you finalize the deal at the dealership and pick up your truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP

valeriews

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
What did you sign, if anything? I would not want to be expecting a specific model to show up and then be !surprise!-ed by the ADM items that add profit and cost but little to no value. Once it is on the lot, and your price is being 're-negotiated' then and there, you will be starting from scratch, with the dealer holding the keys.... dangling them in front of you, suggesting 'it is only $56 per month more...'.
I would work to get the price settled, and have the 'out' of removing the Frontier from the deal if the trade value at settlement is not satisfactory. Get it done now while you have the option of re-negotiating, even with another dealer if yours is un-cooperative.
tom
My DORA has everything added and a price. I just don't have any rebates or anything on it. They wouldn't talk about price of trade it because a lot can change by the time my Mav comes in. I'm just wondering about things like the Farm Bureau $500 or First Responder. I'll qualify for both, but now I'm not sure I will be able to get them. I'll probably need them to balance out the trade if my Mav doesn't arrive until spring :(
Sponsored