Sponsored

General tips on ordering negotiations for 2022 Maverick? Is it even possible?

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A lot of this comes down to one's personal threshold for haggling and headaches. For me, I preferred this approach:
1. Pay $35 to the Mustang Club of America for a membership, so I can get X Plan pricing PIN.
2. Email local dealers with your wants and let them respond. For me, I required them to accept X plan, not require any dealer adds (like undercoating) and have at least a refundable deposit.

I immediately found a place that fit all my criteria and did not require a deposit of any kind. Sure, I paid a bit more than a lot of the folks hitting up the "under invoice" dealerships but that was more than worth it to know that, for the most part? All of the headaches I usually associate with a new car purchase were avoided except the trade in that I still have to deal with, assuming I even trade anything in.Gaing my time back is well worth the extra price I'm paying.
I joined the Mustang club yesterday. $35 seemed worth it on the chance it might save $ and hassles.
Sponsored

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My company is a ford partner so I get X-plan pricing, which has it's pricing on the Ford site but the dealers appear not to have gotten their X-plan pricing. So I have my order in with the understanding that I will get the X-plan pricing when it comes in,

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm trying to get in my head what price I will be paying. I ordered and now "unscheduled/clean". Heard about "price protection" But talked to the dealer today he said they didn't know what the price might be when the unit arrives. I thought I was buying at the MSRP price. He indicated the price could be 1k to 5k more. WHATS UP WITH THAT? How are you to know what the heck you are going to pay?
Dealer is playing games with you.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Dealer is playing games with you.
Worse he is D1cking him around. Ford does change prices Oct of each year. But with a few dealers on these forums offering sub invoice pricing, paying over MSRP is almost as silly as asking for it.
I like local, I prefer to shop local. Monetary velocity in the local economy is a big thing in growth. My local shop will be doing my service. But I also have a fiduciary responsibility to my foundation to spend money deservingly and wisely do we can assist as many people as possible.

do what you will, be willing to pay the price for it (proverb: origins unknown)

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I guess we all should be thankful our must-have vehicle is not a Toyota 4Runner, some really crazy things happening with supply-demand- over sticker price dynamics.....
Toyota 4Runner Markups (jalopnik.com)
4Runner.jpg
That price is absolutely ridiculous. I feel sorry for the person that "has to have" that vehicle!

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't know what is best but I have always just emailed a few dealers and told them what vehicle I wanted with what options and then wait for them to email back a price.

Some dealers take a few days to get back to you. So far I have always found some dealer with a good deal.

I am sure there is a better way but this has worked in the past for me.
Sponsored