Price negotiations?

valeriews

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I think Il made a mistake. When I ordered my Maverick, I didn't negotiate the price. My salesperson said we would do it when the Mav came in. I'm trading in my Frontier, so we'll have to rework everything anyway. Did I make a big mistake? Did you negotiate yours before your order? If you did, what parts did you get them to lower/drop? Thanks.
Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
So far the dealers are keeping to MSRP except for a few here..which have 3-4% below MSRP.. Didnt you receive a invoice for when you ordered it from your dealer?

BARTMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Il made a mistake. When I ordered my Maverick, I didn't negotiate the price. My salesperson said we would do it when the Mav came in. I'm trading in my Frontier, so we'll have to rework everything anyway. Did I make a big mistake? Did you negotiate yours before your order? If you did, what parts did you get them to lower/drop? Thanks.
I also will be trading in a vehicle when the Maverick arrives and also will be using the Ford X-plan. My dealer charges MSRP so the only thing that I mentioned as far as price when I ordered was the X-plan. You can't really negotiate the price of the trade until you are picking up the Maverick because trade in values change almost weekly these days.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I also will be trading in a vehicle when the Maverick arrives and also will be using the Ford X-plan. My dealer charges MSRP so the only thing that I mentioned as far as price when I ordered was the X-plan. You can't really negotiate the price of the trade until you are picking up the Maverick because trade in values change almost weekly these days.
Can you point me in the direction to buy the X-Plan....I wasn't going to do it because I thought we would have the Maverick within 3 months..lol and God Laughs... But I will wait to buy after this next weeks 4-weeks of scheduling is over

Ottedr74

First Name
Dena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion. Ordered Maverick
My dealer appraised my trade in when I ordered my Maverick, knowing that it would be locked in no matter what the market did. I still have the opportunity to remove it from my deal if I choose, if it's a better deal for me when the time comes.

Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
So far the dealers are keeping to MSRP except for a few here..which have 3-4% below MSRP.. Didnt you receive a invoice for when you ordered it from your dealer?
That 3-4% is below INVOICE and not MSRP.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Yes, my 4% below invoice deal was made, before I placed my order. You will likely pay MSRP, and you can still follow up with your dealership.

Did they provide you a DORA? The MSRP numbers are listed on your order, so it should be a simple process.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
My dealer appraised my trade in when I ordered my Maverick, knowing that it would be locked in no matter what the market did. I still have the opportunity to remove it from my deal if I choose, if it's a better deal for me when the time comes.
Keep an eye on your KBB trade-in prices..they are going up again..at least for my truck and area jumped about $500 in the last week

BARTMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you point me in the direction to buy the X-Plan....I wasn't going to do it because I thought we would have the Maverick within 3 months..lol and God Laughs... But I will wait to buy after this next weeks 4-weeks of scheduling is over
I joined the Mustang Club of America for $35 a year. www.mustang.org for details.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
How much do you think the X-Plan is going to save you?

Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How much do you think the X-Plan is going to save you?
X-Plan is Invoice - .4%, so depending on your build could save you anywhere from about $100 to about $1,000. It also limits dealer fees, so in some of those states where they like to tack on huge doc fees it could be beneficial.

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Dealer stated cost plus 10% but no concrete figures. Considered trading in my 05 Ranger Edge with 46k miles on it but got low-balled IMO at $4400. Will sell it after my Mav gets here.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Dealer stated cost plus 10% but no concrete figures. Considered trading in my 05 Ranger Edge with 46k miles on it but got low-balled IMO at $4400. Will sell it after my Mav gets here.
PM me details on the Edge if you want to sell...

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
X-Plan is Invoice - .4%, so depending on your build could save you anywhere from about $100 to about $1,000. It also limits dealer fees, so in some of those states where they like to tack on huge doc fees it could be beneficial.
Well even if's its only $100 it's still worth the $35 I'll be doing it after this next week of schedule..I need to make sure there will be 90 days of membership

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
PM me details on the Edge if you want to sell...
Will do, I do have a neighbor that's interested in buying it though. It's pretty cherry, no dents paints good, interior clean.
Sponsored