ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They're releasing 45 million gallons to bring price down
Actually they're releasing ONE million gallons in 100,000 gallon increments throughout this summer. They just opened up the first 100K for bid and none has yet been sold or effected oil prices as yet.

This gas reserve was as a result of Hurricane Sandy and has set idle running up fees ever since until a mandate from Congress to sell off the 10-year-old Northeast reserve and then close it. The language was included in a spending deal Congress approved in March to avert a partial government shutdown.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politic...barrels-gasoline-attempting-bring-prices-down
Sponsored

40caliber

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
forty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Actually they're releasing ONE million gallons in 100,000 gallon increments throughout this summer. They just opened up the first 100K for bid and none has yet been sold or effected oil prices as yet.

This gas reserve was as a result of Hurricane Sandy and has set idle running up fees ever since until a mandate from Congress to sell off the 10-year-old Northeast reserve and then close it. The language was included in a spending deal Congress approved in March to avert a partial government shutdown.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politic...barrels-gasoline-attempting-bring-prices-down
Actually
This release, equating to 42 million gallons of gas not barrels. It's an election move.

40caliber

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
forty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sold 180 million barrels of SPR oil in 2022
Has so far bought back only 35.6 million barrels of the 180 million barrels.
Now selling 1 million

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually
This release, equating to 42 million gallons of gas not barrels. It's an election move.
and calling it 42m instead of 1m isn't?

why don't we argue about the .40 cal vs the .45
I dropped the .40 in favor the .45 years back ;)

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually
...and all these years I've been of the impression that the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) is an emergency stockpile of petroleum that was meant for a national emergency. Silly me.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
...and all these years I've been of the impression that the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) is an emergency stockpile of petroleum that was meant for a national emergency. Silly me.
Emergency is one reason and there have been 3 over it's history. there have been several other reasons
https://www.energy.gov/ceser/history-spr-releases
Bonehead mistake.
smoother recoil for quicker re aim, more energy on target. win-win

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those food deals are leader items they hope you don't buy.
The oil price drop is the result of releasing the countries oil reserves at a discounted price. It's all over the news
The last shutdown aversion bill required that they all be released.

https://www.energy.gov/ceser/northeast-gasoline-supply-reserve

Northeast Gasoline Supply Reserve was created after Hurricane Sandy to ensure the Northeast doesn't experience another supply disruption when several refineries went offline for a spell.

https://pgjonline.com/news/2024/may...t-gasoline-reserve-with-1-million-barrel-sale

The DOE is required by law to close the reserve. So it has to be sold off. Whether Biden wants to or not, there's no measure he can do himself to keep it. And his administration AND Trump as well do not want the reserve to stay in operation. So, whoever was in the White House, it was going to happen. Blame congress if you dislike closing the reserve. Or blame them for establishing it in the first place. or blame chickenhawk representatives who decided $19m was too much to pay to keep the reserve online, to bridge the monumental budget gas we face every year.

ABTremor

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
See, the thing is, the interior materials are fine for the $24K XL. The more expensive models just add more features and keep the same interior panels and dash materials. Then the guy that buys a loaded up $40K Lariat complains about cheap materials. That's on him. My $25K XLT hybrid's materials are fine.
Unfortunately the 25k Hybrid XLT no longer exists, hence my comment on the interior materials. The 2024 Hybrid XLT with no additional options or accessories is now 30k.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/mav...024|1|1.|...PM7...993.XLT.]?intcmp=vhp-bb-fbc

Sponsored

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The price increases would make sense if they added features over the years but they haven't. It's still the same truck from 2022. Just typical corporate greed. I know that gets tossed around a lot but there's truth to be had with it. Granted, the 25MY is the year it gets its facelift with added safety and convenience features. There I can understand the price increase but to have it go up each year while still being the same vehicle or less makes no sense. Not to mention for 2024, they've removed features such as the keypad and windshield wiper de-icer. If anything the price should've gone down with the facelift being the prices of the current Maverick but that would make too much sense I guess.
Prices for everything is going up rapidly on a regular basis, not just once a year on a single calendar day. Why would this be different? I don't like to see the prices go up since it lessens the value character, but there is not as much room to absorb inflationary pressures. That is simply the economy we live in. And the profit on these vehicles is not so high I would imagine, that it could be considered corporate greed. Oh, and they need to make up for the the ridiculous 6-figure loses per EV.

Last edited:

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g35 coupe, VW Golf
Engine
Undecided
See, the thing is, the interior materials are fine for the $24K XL. The more expensive models just add more features and keep the same interior panels and dash materials. Then the guy that buys a loaded up $40K Lariat complains about cheap materials. That's on him. My $25K XLT hybrid's materials are fine.
Exactly it's on him. Your choices are buy a cheap feeling truck, nothing wrong with that, with a lot less features that people tend to like these days and you're good or buy much more expensive truck with a lot of features you want that still feels cheap.

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Prices for everything is going up rapidly on a regular basis, not just once a year on a single calendar day. Why would this be different? I don't like to see the prices go up since it lessens the value character, but there is not as much room to absorb inflationary pressures. That is simply the economy we live in. And the profit on these vehicles is not so high I would imagine, that it could be considered corporate greed. Oh, and they need to make up for the the ridiculous 6-figure loses per EV.
We all know that inflation is down to 3.4% and that personally is reflected in a lower price increase this year on the Maverick. I also think interest rates are having the desired effect of slowing sales. The six-figure loss on EVS is accounting tricks Really. They're just taking the amount of money they're investing in future production and dividing that by how many EVS they're selling. Setting up new production lines is expensive

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your choices are buy a cheap feeling truck, nothing wrong with that, with a lot less features that people tend to like these days and you're good or buy much more expensive truck with a lot of features you want that still feels cheap.
Or maybe, I don’t know, buy from a different manufacturer that uses materials that suit your standards. Making a choice to spend $30K-$40K on a vehicle, and then complain about materials that were clearly visible when you bought it, doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Or maybe, I don’t know, buy from a different manufacturer that uses materials that suit your standards. Making a choice to spend $30K-$40K on a vehicle, and then complain about materials that were clearly visible when you bought it, doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.
You're basically a troll. I guess? I didn't buy it yet. This is a forum to talk about the Maverick. So it is perfectly acceptable for people to say at the current and ever increasing price point Ford is setting for it, It would be nice to have nicer materials. I realize nobody is forcing me to buy it. Yes, so if I buy a $40,000 Maverick and I don't like the quality of the interior. I have nobody but myself to blame. Thank you. So I assume you've never complained about your wife once?
Sponsored