Sponsored

POLL: Extended Warranty on Maverick (Yes/No)

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't get an ESP.

I have a question. Lets say I bought an extended service plan and my Maverick gets totaled in a wreck. Will the insurance company pay me back for the ESP? Or am I out of luck and it just disappears?
The insurance company is going to pay you the value of your truck at the time it’s totaled. If the truck is worth $25K and you owe $30K, you’re still responsible for the $5K to pay off the loan. That would apply if you’re upside down, no matter what. That’s another downside to having an extended warranty and rolled into a loan.
Sponsored

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

900 thru dealership

Blacksheep308

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mercury Milan awd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes through Geico. $33 every six months covers seven years hundred thousand miles with a $250 deductible.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I purchased through dealership. 10 year/150k bumper to bumper for $2,800. Cheap insurance on a small, cheaply built, new model.

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep. New model, so covering the bases.

Sponsored

a***h

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Lexus ES300h, 22 F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I waste a lot of money on a lot of things, But, warranties are not one of them. I have to go through telling every dealer the same thing NO.

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've never gotten one, and never needed one. I have a friend who sold new cars for years and even HE told me not to get it. Huge profit maker for the dealer.

StephMavXLT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a extended warranty through my credit union. 8 years 75k miles $600.

StephMavXLT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Word of advice. All of those extended warranties are 75% above cost to the dealer. That’s what the finance office at a dealership told me after I kept telling him. He kept lowering the price of the extended warranty and he wouldn’t take the answer no. I finally said there must be a huge markup in the price if you started here and brought it down to there. He was mad, but he finally said 75%. I never buy an extended warranty.

Why?
1. Overpriced as stated above
2. The extended warranty overlaps the 3/36 warranty. If you buy a 5/60 warranty, you are really buying a 2/24 warranty, but the dealer won’t tell you that.
3. You’re paying tax on that extended warranty in the loan amount.
4. You’re paying for interest on that loan amount
5. I normally only keep a vehicle for 3-4 years.
6. Extended warranties don’t cover bumper to bumper. You have to read the fine print to see what’s included and excluded.
7. There may be a deductible.
8. The money you save by not buying an extended warranty can be saved for a future down payment on the next vehicle.
9. If you keep up with the maintenance, you’re vehicle should remain trouble free.
10. If you feel a need, most credit unions sell extended warranties for Pennie’s on the dollar compared to dealers.
I got one from my credit union for $600, 8 years, 75k miles. I keep my cars for a long time. Last car was 15.5 years old. And for $600 it was too cheap to pass up.

JEMiculka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, 22 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious to see who has purchased the extended warranty for their Maverick? Did you go thru dealership or somewhere else?
Dealership after looking at others online

Sponsored

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do not over pay. Buy it after the sale and get it cheaper. These are the current rates for zero dollard deductible. Play around with the number at this site https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com/
Screenshot_20230616-015640_Firefox.jpg
Granger is cheaper. I bought the Lombard and cancelled. I even called Lombard and the lady said they can’t compete with Granger.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a question. Lets say I bought an extended service plan and my Maverick gets totaled in a wreck. Will the insurance company pay me back for the ESP? Or am I out of luck and it just disappears?
You'd cancel the ESP and get a prorated refund.

jpv74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for starting this poll. I just got my 23XL and I would drop a $1000 for 6 years 100k I do believe. Even with all of the red tape I think it would be worth it on this truck. The LED screen in the truck could be pricey to replace........and we have had 4 or 5 recalls already and just getting warmed up :) . Especially if u got the truck at MSRP which I didnt......but if purchased at MSRP you stole the truck and can afford another G towards warranty. Of course when I say 6 years 100k I really mean 3 years 64k....I wish they would just say what it really is.....cmon man.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you have a hybrid, the hybrids have a 8 yr, 100K warrantee on the system.

danlanier

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've yet to take delivery of my Maverick XL Hybrid, but I went bottom dollar. I figured that if you're buying a cheap truck and pile a ton of options on it, then what you end up with is an expensive cheap truck.

So with the XL with only hitch, spray in bedliner, and full size spare - with tax, tag and title - I'm at 26K to the driveway. I really don't have any options that I need to protect. What I need to find out is if the extended warranty will cover what is considered "consumables" like batteries. Then I might weigh the cost. Other than that, I will not get the extended and just go with the normal warranty.
Sponsored