First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just passed 35K miles on my Maverick. Being close to the 36K warranty limit would you purchase an extended warranty before hitting 36K?

How would that work with a lease that’s not up until January?

Planning on buying the vehicle at lease end due to multiple factors including being over the mileage, various minor scratches, money I’ve put into more frequent oil changes, & ultimately loving the truck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anything over the manufacturers warranty is optional. I don't think anyone should talk you out of it or talk you into it. I posted just a reminder you still should have a powertrain warranty. Best of luck with whatever decision you make.

What is the warranty on the 2024 Ford Maverick Hybrid?

The 2024 Ford Maverick comes with a three-year/36,000-mile limited warranty and a five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty. The Maverick's hybrid components are covered by an eight-year/100,000-mile warranty.
Ford Maverick Lease End & Extended Warranty 1709866220566

https://cars.usnews.com › cars-trucks
2024 Ford Maverick Reliability & Recalls - US News Cars

Last edited:

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used to be against them, but given the market and the cost for a Granger ESP warranty, I got one. I'd say what matters most is how long you plan to keep the Maverick. If you can justify the insurance side of it spreading across those years, then yea, why not?

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Until the lease expires and you buy out the residual, you don't technically own the vehicle so I suggest doing two things:

1. Verify that you can buy the ESP for a vehicle owned by the leasing company and have it become yours along with the truck when you buy it out or that you will be able to get the ESP level you want after the lease expires with the mileage you expect to have on it at that point.

2. With allowances for the mileage penalty, do the math on turning the truck in at end of lease and purchasing a new one or lower-mileage used one. See which one will give you the best combination of cost, condition, and mileage.

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You have 5-60 powertrain and 8-100 on hybrid stuff. Has it been reliable or trouble? Getting a warranty near cost may be cheap peace of mind. Each individual may choose.

OP
OP
NorthShoreMaverick

NorthShoreMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have 5-60 powertrain and 8-100 on hybrid stuff. Has it been reliable or trouble? Getting a warranty near cost may be cheap peace of mind. Each individual may choose.
So far no major issues. More of a piece of mind. Started getting a knocking noise when parking from the front end. Not sure if that’s the front axel or brakes need to be changed. Bringing it to my local mechanic next week for the RDU fluid change others have suggested have done on this forum and he will check out the noise.
Sponsored