John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I get higher numbers by not using heat or A/C unless the weather is extreme. Windows down are better below 55 mph. On the highway, it's a push, use any method.
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm happy to report that I'll make the 800-mile club on this tank! I'm almost as excited when I made the mile-high club.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I get higher numbers by not using heat or A/C unless the weather is extreme. Windows down are better below 55 mph. On the highway, it's a push, use any method.
Yes, I'm seeing this currently no AC yet, but windows down and sunroof open

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm happy to report that I'll make the 800-mile club on this tank! I'm almost as excited when I made the mile-high club.
You mean when you drove to Denver?

OP
OP
MaverickShark

MaverickShark

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander 2017
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd rather join that club.

Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I mean I could've hit 500. I was at 480 and said 30 miles to empty so it would've made it, but on fumes. I was expecting to get high 500s and occasionally hit 600. I'm only on my 4th tanks so hopefully it improves still.
One thing I've learned after driving hybrids for over 10 years is that the more warm-up cycles there are on a given tank of gas, the lower the MPG average for that tank. If you make many short trips and the car never really warms ups, your fuel mileage will be lower.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@Waterick I agree.

Someone mused if 900 miles were possible from one fill-up.

100% yes. I'd do it and post the video to YouTube if a bunch of you want to take up a collection for prize money. 😎

Do one start-up; or better yet, start on a hot engine just after refueling.

Set cruise control to 40 mph.
Drive continuously for 22.5 hours.
Boom. 900 miles.

But I don't want to sit in the truck for 22.5 hours and pee in a Gatorade bottle for nothing.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

But I don't want to sit in the truck for 22.5 hours and pee in a Gatorade bottle for nothing.
Not really a practical bet, but winnable. Better for just a road trip on something like the old Route 66. Enjoy the sights, take it easy, chill out and get remarkable mileage. But, probably less than 900 miles on your tank.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@Waterick I agree.

Someone mused if 900 miles were possible from one fill-up.

100% yes. I'd do it and post the video to YouTube if a bunch of you want to take up a collection for prize money. 😎

Do one start-up; or better yet, start on a hot engine just after refueling.

Set cruise control to 40 mph.
Drive continuously for 22.5 hours.
Boom. 900 miles.

I'll say NO, I'll get 820 miles on this current tank, 900 would be impossible, I hope someone cold prove me wrong

Fitzovich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I hit over 800 miles on one tank for the 1st time, and probably the last time unless I have a backup fuel tank with me.

812.2.jpg

I hit the "0 Mi to E" at 745 miles. From this point I set my Trip 2 to record the mileage after the gauge said I hit 0.

0 Miles to E.jpg

I usually fill up when I hit or are close to the system's estimate of zero miles left. In those cases my fill up would be anywhere between 13.7-14.1 gallons. After seeing a post of someone filling up to 16 gal I thought I would push my luck. I did have a 1 gal back up gas container after I hit zero, but will not plan to do this often. Unless you usually have a rack with backup fuel container just fill up. Not worth pushing it especially since you dont know what driving style you will use for those las 2-2.5 gallons. I made it to 67 miles past 0 so I assumed that I was at bout 15 gal used. I did my usual three clicks at the pump and I assumed wrong.

Trip 2 Data.jpg

I used 14.8 gal witch came out to 54.8 MPG on this tank (best ever was 55.7 mpg). I did take the freeways more than I thought I would and I also did a long drive from San Jose to Manteca during rush hour with an accident, about 60 miles one-way 120 roundtrip. On the way back I was not in traffic, so if someone in the central valley has a Maverick and they drive both ways on HY 680 and HY 580 what kind of MPGs and MPT are you getting?

Fill-up Pump.jpg

If the tank does actually hold 16.5 gal as on post suggested, the it could be possible to hit 900 miles on one tank, but I wont be trying that anytime soon. I might but not unless the conditions are right and I have time to get out on the side of the road with a filled backup tank.
Well Done. I fill up when I hit about 100 miles left. I’m not pushing either the truck or the issue.

Sponsored

Bronson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, but from what I gathered on here, I should be pushing 600-700 miles, not barely cracking 500 on fumes. I've only averaged 38mpgs also and my miles are 80-90% city
I have the same problem, where Ive consistently gotten poor gas mileage driving in the city and very conservatively since I got mine in January. I was getting only high 30s mpg in the city despite keeping heat off, driving in EV mode as much as I could, slowly accelerating, and coasting to stops, etc. But then everything changed when the temp went up to 70s a couple weeks ago. Then I began seeing 60s or 70s mpg on every trip. So I wonder if cold temperature has negatively impacted your mpg as well.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have the same problem, where Ive consistently gotten poor gas mileage driving in the city and very conservatively since I got mine in January. I was getting only high 30s mpg in the city despite keeping heat off, driving in EV mode as much as I could, slowly accelerating, and coasting to stops, etc. But then everything changed when the temp went up to 70s a couple weeks ago. Then I began seeing 60s or 70s mpg on every trip. So I wonder if cold temperature has negatively impacted your mpg as well.
Temp plays a huge part, running your heat shouldn't effect your MPG, its the AC

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Temp plays a huge part, running your heat shouldn't effect your MPG, its the AC
Negative. Strike that.
Both heater use and A/C use affect MPG.

Both drop city MPG A LOT.
Both have minor impact on highway MPG.

It's all about the EV time and EV miles.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I live in Florida. I got my truck in March. It hasn't been less than 70 the whole time.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Negative. Strike that.
Both heater use and A/C use affect MPG.

Both drop city MPG A LOT.
Both have minor impact on highway MPG.

It's all about the EV time and EV miles.
I've had my Hybrid for 13 months, and 15K miles. My current tank, I'll get 825 miles out of it. Having the heat on doesn't affect my MPG, now having my AC on will.

Here in PHX, we hit 100 yesterday and will be bouncing between 95-100 for the next week and the second week of May will stay in triple digits until Oct.

This photo below was taken 3 days ago, I have traveled 721 miles and have 105 MTE. I drive only on city street and drive the speed limit. I'm sure after this tank, and my AC on, I'll be back in the mid 50's again.
Ford Maverick Over 800 miles on one tank. IMG_3762.JPG
Ford Maverick Over 800 miles on one tank. IMG_3766.JPG
Sponsored