First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick xl hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a little over 4000 on my xl now, this was from last week, now up to 54.3.
Mountain driving with a little city thrown in, all in eco mode.
this little truck is crazy.

mpg so far.jpg
and i posted the wrong pic.
Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Hated to let my F150 go,
but wife has arthritis and she was having trouble getting into the F150. Then dealer offered $7000 more than what I gave for it new.
Had to let my '01 F-250 go for a similar reason, amongst others. Climbing into and out of an F-250 50+ times a day gets pretty tiring. And that truck is lower than a late-model F-250!

Nearly 5700 mile to California and back. Took north route out there south loop back. Saw a lot of pretty countryside and a lot of nothing in places.
I head to central Texas a couple times a year. Only ever taken the southern route via I-10. I think the longest stretch is maybe 100 miles (50 miles in either/any direction) in New Mexico with literally no signs of civilization except the asphalt compass.

I remember the first time I went there, it was interesting seeing literally no signs of human development. No telephone poles, fencing, other roads, buildings...nothin' for as far as the eye can see (and you can see at least 20 miles in any direction).

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had to let my '01 F-250 go for a similar reason, amongst others. Climbing into and out of an F-250 50+ times a day gets pretty tiring. And that truck is lower than a late-model F-250!

I head to central Texas a couple times a year. Only ever taken the southern route via I-10. I think the longest stretch is maybe 100 miles (50 miles in either/any direction) in New Mexico with literally no signs of civilization except the asphalt compass.

I remember the first time I went there, it was interesting seeing literally no signs of human development. No telephone poles, fencing, other roads, buildings...nothin' for as far as the eye can see (and you can see at least 20 miles in any direction).
We went out in the desert about 100 miles from anywhere and it was a bit spooky being that far away from anything. We all have health problems , so I purchased a spot X so we could at least send a distress signal to satellites and they could see our location. One place we went to was way out maybe 30 miles in a canyon in Nevada to a ghost town saw nobody. Couple days later we traveled out to Area 51 that wasn’t as bad as we actually passed a few other vehicles going out that way. We tended to stay away from interstates a lot so not a lot of traffic. Did take some interstate in mid Nevada, stopped at a rest area and there was a guy stranded there about 40 miles from nearest town. His truck had quit on him and he had no phone. Got lucky and there was a tower close enough to get 1 bar on phone.

Last edited:

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
I purchased a spot X so we could at least send a distress signal to satellites and they could see our location.
I have a PLB as well and wear it on a lanyard when I'm on long hauls. I'll be darned if I have an off and end up just outside of view from the road but unable to self-extricate and/or find my cell phone.

I'm thinking about picking up a satellite communicator so I can have non-emergency comms. Been looking at the Garmin InReach Mini2 since it can use GPS, Galileo, and QZSS.

Did take some interstate in mid Nevada, stopped at a rest area and there was a guy stranded there about 40 miles from nearest town.
My regular hauls were from LA to Sacramento, LA to Las Vegas, and LA to Phoenix. I'd say at least every other trip, I'd stop to help someone. I even stopped to give water and Gatorade to a family broken down on I-5. Went from cruising at 80mph in their late-model, air-conditioned box to being stuck in the valley in 100F heat without a lick of shade.

Got lucky and there was a tower close enough to get 1 bar on phone.
A cell booster is also on my wish list of things. In a sense, I might be better off with a cell booster than an InReach since I'm not the hiking type and rarely venture from the vehicle.

Sponsored

Cobraj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Filled up today 13.72 gallons. Says 608 miles to empty. Average 43.4 mpg

McKinney Tom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Almost there. I will either fill up before it hits 600 or stow an extra gallon of gas in the bed and go all the way. This will be my third fill-up, no counting the first one when I left the dealer. 2023 Hybrid XLT Area 51.
Ford Maverick Got 600 miles on full tank... Hybrid Maverick rocks! 600Miles

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Might want to be careful on the "2 miles to empty". My brother-in-law has a Ram (admittedly not a Ford), and his said 10 miles to empty when he ran out of gas. :)

Could have been due to the sensor that shows how much gas is left was fooled to think he had more gas than he did if he was driving up/down hill for an extended period (depending on where the sensor is).

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is not a hybrid.
I’ve done a 600(605)mile tank on my Maverick EB AWD. Just to be on the safe side I carried a 2 gallon can in the bed of the truck. Made it with about 12 miles to spare, it took 16.1 gals to fill up. I was so happy to get to gas station that I didn’t think and filled up before taking picture.

Ford Maverick Got 600 miles on full tank... Hybrid Maverick rocks! IMG_2420

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Damn good for an EB.
👏🏻

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Damn good for an EB.
👏🏻
Most of my driving is highway(80%), that tank came out to 37.6mpg. I’ve don’t some shorter trips were it’s done better. 300 mile/39mpg and one short trip of 50 miles where I got an incredible 45.4mpg. I generally see around 33-35mpg per tank.
Sponsored