Okay, Who Locked My Door?

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank goodness I have the keypad. This has not happened YET but at least I have an option.

Maybe Ford will reconsider adding that option back for everyone.
Sponsored

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On my xlt with 360 co-pilot I got in, put key in, then exited driver side to tosss a cup in the trash a Wawa outside cam had and closed door. Here the beeping sound and Bam, all doors locked. Used Ford app to unlock the truck.
Tip, if u have keyless entry put the number code in your phone as a note.

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had it happen on myXLT once or twice.
I know for a fact that I didn’t hit hit any lock buttons.
It only locked the drivers door, and it was in my garage, so no big deal at the time.

After reading about more people having this occasional problem I am glad I have the keypad on mine.
And yes, I keep the door code on my cellphone. It’s 12345. Only number I can remember.
Let’s just keep that our secret OK?

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I always enter my door code in my phone contacts, migrates to any new phone.

OP
OP
RCollins

RCollins

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To all who questioned if I touched something to cause the problem on my way out the driver's door, nope. At least seven others are reporting the same issue. The issue is a weak switch in the driver's door which locks that door when closed with a little force. It just vibrates the contact points in the switch into making contact and activating the lock. Or it could be the wiring to the locking mechanism itself. Only time and experience will tell. Replacing the switch may, or may not, be a permanent cure for the problem.

Sponsored

barxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It happened on my 23 XLT . The engine was running and I opened the door and closed it behind me and it locked . Lucky I have the keyless entry pad and was able to get back in . Now if I get out I roll the window down so I can reach in to unlock it .

Mildude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alabamamold.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same with my 22 xlt, thank goodness I have the external code lock , otherwise I would have racked up hundreds of dollars in unlocking services.

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think there are two things going on with the door locks. Some are issues with the electrics themselves and others are accidentally hitting the lock itself.
I don't mean the electric button the lock lever itself. When I first got my truck I noticed when I opened the drivers door I sometimes pushed that lever closed, it doesn't take much to do. I had to train my hand to push open the door in another spot.
There is definitely an electric issue on some of them.

Earlehd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Earle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT eco, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
About 50 or 60% of the time when I get out of the Maverick and shut the door, the driver's door locks by itself. I can open the other doors but this indicates a problem with the switch or harness, in the driver's door.
Has anyone else noticed this problem on their Maverick?
Mine does this too....

Great Lakes Girl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybred
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
About 50 or 60% of the time when I get out of the Maverick and shut the door, the driver's door locks by itself. I can open the other doors but this indicates a problem with the switch or harness, in the driver's door.
Has anyone else noticed this problem on their Maverick?
Mine does this too....
I had it happen once to me so far but could open the other doors.

Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
RCollins

RCollins

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll bet if we gently close the door and just give it a little nudge if it doesn't shut all the way, it would not lock us out. It has to be the switch contacts that lock the door have too weak of a spring in them.

Modesto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To all who questioned if I touched something to cause the problem on my way out the driver's door, nope. At least seven others are reporting the same issue. The issue is a weak switch in the driver's door which locks that door when closed with a little force. It just vibrates the contact points in the switch into making contact and activating the lock. Or it could be the wiring to the locking mechanism itself. Only time and experience will tell. Replacing the switch may, or may not, be a permanent cure for the problem.
Interesting to see that others have had this problem. At first I thought I was doing something that was locking that door. But, nope.

Sounds like a reasonable explanation, Ron, and thanks for your work on that. But, is that an "official" explanation of the cause of the driver door locking on it's own? And, did they replace the switch in the door, or are you just living with it? If so, easy enough to live with, but just wondering.

OP
OP
RCollins

RCollins

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting to see that others have had this problem. At first I thought I was doing something that was locking that door. But, nope.

Sounds like a reasonable explanation, Ron, and thanks for your work on that. But, is that an "official" explanation of the cause of the driver door locking on it's own? And, did they replace the switch in the door, or are you just living with it? If so, easy enough to live with, but just wondering.
It's just an educated guess after 42 years as an aircraft mechanic/inspector. It hasn't done it lately, but like some others, I always take the key with me now. On a different issue, I have lost control of the radio twice. Could not do anything and the volume was too loud. Taking the key out and starting again solved the issue.

Junglejim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Hybrid XLT Lux - C. Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 24 XLT has frustrated me 3 times since mid February purchase. ONLY the driver's door was locked. Key in ignition when it happened.
Sponsored