Sponsored

Oil change on 2.0L Ecoboost non-Fx4 package.

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it is not very heavy and dont know how access panel will work but only took a minuet to remove with a power driver
Wife’s past Fusion had a drive train cover with access panels. 1 screw time remove. Easy to make some ABS panels. Will decide on first oil change.
Sponsored

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, someone needs to figure out what would need to be cutout for the access panel to remain on during oil filter and oil drain.

Since it’s easy to cut, all you need is to cut a hole for oil filter removal and a little hole for the drain. Sure would make life easier for us who go to less experienced, service centers, aKa Walmart.

II Kings 9:20

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, X5, Genesis AWD, Pacifica, MDX hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can see myself making an access panel for oil changes instead of removing entire thing.
My Pacifica van has a brilliant plastic trap door that swings down. I cut a hole in my Genesis shield and used zip ties. Fail. It eventually fell off and was dragging the ground. Had to buy a new shield $250 at the dealer, $110 OEM off Ebay.

They don't want us changing the oil. It also adds labor costs to profit the service dept. If not, how easy would it be to have a panel built in like Chrysler?

If you cut a panel out, I'd recommend a hinge and clasp design. That felt doesn't cut that easy (at least on my Gen) and depending on filter location, 2 holes may be needed, 1 would be better. Pacifica has a top mounted filter in the engine bay so only 1 factory trap door.

Is the felt strong enough to support a door especially if the door is not near a mounting screw? will it sag in the wind?

Davido49

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4
I saw there was a thread related to Fx4 package and oil changes... Anyone know what non-Fx4 package underside looks like for changing oil?
Straightforward. Easy. Like any other vehicles for most part these days. Be more concerned w/quality of engine oil used & filter etc. Use an OEM Motorcraft filter always. Try are excellent & cheap. Oil? The proven Gen2 - 2.0L Ecoboost works awesome w/any name brand full synthetic oil. Mobil 1, Castrol Edge or Pennzoil Platinum (my go to oil for new Maverick Lariat FX4 & our trusty '19 Ranger XLT FX4)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vitamin G

Vitamin G

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Straightforward. Easy. Like any other vehicles for most part these days. Be more concerned w/quality of engine oil used & filter etc. Use an OEM Motorcraft filter always. Try are excellent & cheap. Oil? The proven Gen2 - 2.0L Ecoboost works awesome w/any name brand full synthetic oil. Mobil 1, Castrol Edge or Pennzoil Platinum (my go to oil for new Maverick Lariat FX4 & our trusty '19 Ranger XLT FX4)
I did my first oil change last weekend. Pretty straightforward. Just lots of screws. I counted 15 for the cover. Doesn't take very long to do though. I do like the drain plug and filter being towards the front of the vehicle. I've worked on other vehicles where the stuff is further back.

Definitely not the worst oil change I've done.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When are people doing their first oil change. When I bought my 2002 Mustang GT I thought I remembered them saying to do a first oil change around 1,000 miles. Do they use break-in oil from the factory?

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When are people doing their first oil change. When I bought my 2002 Mustang GT I thought I remembered them saying to do a first oil change around 1,000 miles. Do they use break-in oil from the factory?
Just follow the OLM unless you like wasting time, money, and resources.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can see myself making an access panel for oil changes instead of removing entire thing.
Get somebody with a 3D printer to make you these out of PETG high temp plastic. Mod your under cover, and install them. They are on thingiverse. My 4K has a plastic scoop where the oil drain cover would go, so I cant use it. I think the plastic scoop is to put more airflow on the turbo to try to cool it.

Ford Maverick Oil change on 2.0L Ecoboost non-Fx4 package. featured_preview_d3504406-c4cf-4606-a544-b8bca120d78d

Ford Maverick Oil change on 2.0L Ecoboost non-Fx4 package. featured_preview_9a6fa83a-44b3-4537-9e3d-8e0f55a1c296

Ford Maverick Oil change on 2.0L Ecoboost non-Fx4 package. featured_preview_e7e5a5fb-2530-40be-bb8b-99e748038d89

Ford Maverick Oil change on 2.0L Ecoboost non-Fx4 package. featured_preview_47c1f9fb-5904-4524-99e8-80417ea527ca

Ford Maverick Oil change on 2.0L Ecoboost non-Fx4 package. featured_preview_e5f02ad6-2454-4fd8-a43a-ce7f20a5c87e

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I changed oil & filter, I dropped the panel. The oil coming out when the drain plug was removed would be difficult to keep from wetting the panel as the flow starts out with a good bit of horizontal and then tapers to more vertical. I think difficult to drain using an access panel unless it was pretty large.
The oil filter starts to drip oil around the outer diameter as soon as it is loosened from the filter adapter. Oill will be coming off the bottom of the filter until it is emptied(the amount held in the adapter channel). It is messy, and again an access port would likely end up with oil in places where it will need to be wiped up.
With the panel removed, access to the drain plug and filter was excellent.
If you plan on adding an access panel, I would suggest doing one change without cutting anything first to see if it makes too much mess or you will be happy with more limited access.
tom
Added:
FWD ecoboost
Sponsored