First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For future oil changes you may want to invest in an oil filter wrench set. I've owned a set for a number of years and have found them to be very useful.
Here's an example on Amazon:
oil filter wrench set
I'll be honest, I'm trying to change my oil right now, the 74 MM oil change filter doesn't work. Even though that's what motocraft says you need. I literally cannot loosen this factory tightened filter.

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Over the years i have noticed that factory oil filters tend to be very tight.don’t put it on but about hand tight.buy GOOD oil filter wrenches.

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for taking the time to make a video. I am somewhat not in agreement with the early first oil changes . Many people have posted about their early first oil changes . All new engines come with a brake in oil . This oil is a special formula to help the engine brake or wear in . The rings ,bearings and valves need to seat . Changing to a full synthetic oil before this happens can lead to a motor that may have oil consumption . Just my Opinion .

OP
OP
Chrysler

Chrysler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for taking the time to make a video. I am somewhat not in agreement with the early first oil changes . Many people have posted about their early first oil changes . All new engines come with a brake in oil . This oil is a special formula to help the engine brake or wear in . The rings ,bearings and valves need to seat . Changing to a full synthetic oil before this happens can lead to a motor that may have oil consumption . Just my Opinion .
6,000 miles on the Maverick now, time will tell if it blows up before everyone else who has been waiting on oil changes. I treated this motor like a boat motor in some respect. Being gentle on it. Light accelerations, then medium accelerations. Some light pulls (3,500rpm area) up to speed and then letting off. If Ford put a Mercury outboard in my Maverick I'll be set. Gave it a rolling pull around 500 miles and at 750, now with 6,000 miles only one true from a dead stop pull up to 60. Maybe I'll be the first one with a motor dieing before 100k, or one of the few that doesn't abuse the heck out of it on YouTube. Time will tell.
Sponsored