Now I’m PO’d

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 944NA, Mazda Miata, PT Cruiser Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my VB XLT Lux SIBL 360 at the end of July, 240 miles ago, after patiently waiting 11 months for its availability. Now, going to start the vehicle, it presents with a number of warning and precautionary banners and I find I’m unable to set any number of driver preferences on the computer. An incomplete list includes:

- Service vehicle soon
- Pre-collision assist not available
- Service advance trac
- Rear belt monitor fault service required
- Auto hold system fault
- Drive mode selection unavailable
- Driver assist preferences unavailable
- 911 assist unavailable
- Tire pressure unavailable

I called the local Ford dealership located about 5 miles from my home, the same one that never responded to my requests to reserve a Maverick, for a service/warranty appointment. I received a return call informing me that the earliest opportunity to schedule electrical work would be DECEMBER! I then turned to the dealership where I purchased the truck, one located an hour away. I’m told the first opportunity to schedule an initial appointment to possibly diagnose the problem is September. I’m now reaching out to my salesman to see if he can work any magic. I’m pissed. I used my total allotment of patience while waiting for my Maverick’s delivery. Any thoughts on how I deal with the situation?
Sponsored

brdl04

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my VB XLT Lux SIBL 360 at the end of July, 240 miles ago, after patiently waiting 11 months for its availability. Now, going to start the vehicle, it presents with a number of warning and precautionary banners and I find I’m unable to set any number of driver preferences on the computer. An incomplete list includes:

- Service vehicle soon
- Service advance trac
- Auto hold system fault
- 911 assist unavailable

I called the local Ford dealership located about 5 miles from my home, the same one that never responded to my requests to reserve a Maverick, for a service/warranty appointment. I received a return call informing me that the earliest opportunity to schedule electrical work would be DECEMBER! I then turned to the dealership where I purchased the truck, one located an hour away. I’m told the first opportunity to schedule an initial appointment to possibly diagnose the problem is September. I’m now reaching out to my salesman to see if he can work any magic. I’m pissed. I used my total allotment of patience while waiting for my Maverick’s delivery. Any thoughts on how I deal with the situation?
Take it to the dealer that offers a loaner. Usually they feel more pressure to get you OUT of the loaner and back into your truck.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Think I would talk to the GM at your dealership, preferably face to face and see about escalating it in the service department

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That many errors looks like a loose wire harness of some sort. If you can get module specific DTC codes using an OBD2 reader with those capabilities or forscan, you might be able to narrow it down once you know the actual code numbers being thrown. If I know what the DTC code(s) are I can tell you exactly how to do the electrical test for an open or short circuit by looking it up in the shop manual if you don't want to wait on the dealer.

Your local parts place like an O'Rielys or Advanced Auto should be able to scan it for you and get you the codes free of charge.

Last edited:

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

September is consistent with what I've run into at my local dealer with my Mustang. December seems ridiculous. My Maverick wouldn't activate on the FordPass app when I took delivery. They got me into the service dept in less than two weeks and had to replace a module. The sales department was probably pushing to get it in asap since it wasn't working from the get go.

Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided

- Service vehicle soon
- Service advance trac
- Auto hold system fault
- 911 assist unavailable

Sorry for the pain. I often find that drinking heavily can make me Comfortably Numb. Otherwise, what the others have said above or below. I’m even considering (now that I’ve sold my Mav to receive my actual ordered Mav) alternatives to the Mav, at least until Toyota or someone else more competent than Ford can come up with a small hybrid.

OP
OP
AbnRgr

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 944NA, Mazda Miata, PT Cruiser Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That many errors looks like a loose wire harness of some sort. If you can get module specific DTC codes using an OBD2 reader with those capabilities or forscan, you might be able to narrow it down once you know the actual code numbers being thrown. If I know what the DTC code(s) are I can tell you exactly how to do the electrical test for an open or short circuit by looking it up in the shop manual if you don't want to wait on the dealer.

Your local parts place like an O'Rielys or Advanced Auto should be able to scan it for you and get you the codes free of charge.
Thank you for the offer. I’ll try to get a reading today.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keep us updated, hope you get it squared away.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

- Service vehicle soon
- Service advance trac
- Auto hold system fault
- 911 assist unavailable

Hey @Ford Motor Company! Can you help get this resolved sooner?

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would disconnect the battery for 5 minutes, then re-try

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

- Service vehicle soon
- Service advance trac
- Auto hold system fault
- 911 assist unavailable

Is this a Hybrid or EcoBoost? With that many codes it is probably ether a loose CAN bus or DC power connection or a low 12VDC battery.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is the positive about this forum, help a fellow out during their stress..

Nandn205

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350

- Service vehicle soon
- Service advance trac
- Auto hold system fault
- 911 assist unavailable

I live 10 minutes from Athens and your information about the wait times for service scares me! Hopefully you get your truck fixed soon.

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL

- Service vehicle soon
- Service advance trac
- Auto hold system fault
- 911 assist unavailable

But look at the bright side …. You are achieving the highest MPG Rating, Call the Ford Dealership have them tow it in and they should have a loaner or rental car available, it’s under warranty.
Sponsored