First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m now reaching out to my salesman to see if he can work any magic. I’m pissed. I used my total allotment of patience while waiting for my Maverick’s delivery. Any thoughts on
So sorry to hear your story. I know It's very difficult to understand what's going on. In short every dealer is posting job openings. They don't seem to be able to hire mechanics. My solution is to raise the price of the vehicle, take the extra cash and hire more people. Give the dealers kickbacks to hire mechanics. Where are the young people who need work to buy a new home at 600K dollars. I think they can't afford to work for the pay given. So that said I don't think this is a Ford issue, but , they should prioritize your issue and fix your new truck before fixing someone else - though if you were the other guy you probably would say heck no - fix me first!

A practical suggestion- check the main wiring harness in the engine bay. There have been many reports of the cable being loose. IF you find this is the case tighten it down and you will be good to go.

Good luck
Sponsored

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately, we can’t control what some ah will do. I have had my vehicle keyed because someone didn’t like my window sticker. They are cowards. Hopefully karma will get your jaywalker someday.
Ih boy... Yea I'm waiting for the keying.. People are pissed that they can't get a new car. I'm disappointed in everything these days.

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Technical colleges are the solution to todays employment crisis, imho. Missouri has one of the best in the country, State Tech. Check it out if you are a prospective student or know someone that wants a career.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Technical colleges are the solution to todays employment crisis, imho. Missouri has one of the best in the country, State Tech. Check it out if you are a prospective student or know someone that wants a career.
I think you are spot on with the technical college solution. That is what our country needs right now and with vehicle that are basically rolling computers I can't see why the colleges are not slap full of students -the computer technology is what they've grown up in and love so much. Sadly, I think alot of the problem is the ones just starting out have this idea that they should be paid the top dollar - same as someone thats put their 30-40 years working to get to. So they stay home and draw money from the government or whatever. Its a growing problem everywhere, businesses cant get any help and its not just the flippy hamburger joints, its everything.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my VB XLT Lux SIBL 360 at the end of July, 240 miles ago, after patiently waiting 11 months for its availability. Now, going to start the vehicle, it presents with a number of warning and precautionary banners and I find I’m unable to set any number of driver preferences on the computer. An incomplete list includes:

- Service vehicle soon
- Pre-collision assist not available
- Service advance trac
- Rear belt monitor fault service required
- Auto hold system fault
- Drive mode selection unavailable
- Driver assist preferences unavailable
- 911 assist unavailable
- Tire pressure unavailable

I called the local Ford dealership located about 5 miles from my home, the same one that never responded to my requests to reserve a Maverick, for a service/warranty appointment. I received a return call informing me that the earliest opportunity to schedule electrical work would be DECEMBER! I then turned to the dealership where I purchased the truck, one located an hour away. I’m told the first opportunity to schedule an initial appointment to possibly diagnose the problem is September. I’m now reaching out to my salesman to see if he can work any magic. I’m pissed. I used my total allotment of patience while waiting for my Maverick’s delivery. Any thoughts on how I deal with the situation?
Call Ford emergency service and have it towed. Gets you in the door and gets corporate involved.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AbnRgr

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 944NA, Mazda Miata, PT Cruiser Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would also reach out to Woody Anderson in Huntsville. They have a much larger service facility and might could get you in sooner than Madison. You would think they would check with each other but that takes effort on their part.
My error. I incorrectly stated Madison. I did purchase at the Huntsville location and it is their service department telling me October at the earliest.

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So sorry to hear your story. I know It's very difficult to understand what's going on. In short every dealer is posting job openings. They don't seem to be able to hire mechanics. My solution is to raise the price of the vehicle, take the extra cash and hire more people. Give the dealers kickbacks to hire mechanics. Where are the young people who need work to buy a new home at 600K dollars. I think they can't afford to work for the pay given. So that said I don't think this is a Ford issue, but , they should prioritize your issue and fix your new truck before fixing someone else - though if you were the other guy you probably would say heck no - fix me first!

A practical suggestion- check the main wiring harness in the engine bay. There have been many reports of the cable being loose. IF you find this is the case tighten it down and you will be good to go.

Good luck
It is called Tech-ageddon or the Tech-opolis. And yes it is Ford's (and other manufacturers) fault for slashing SLT times to save money on recalls, requiring mounds of paperwork, and now requiring techs to schedule a video skype style with Ford to do a repair. The manufacturers have gone insaine with what the require for a repair. Techs are bailing right and left because pay has not been increased in decades compared to costs. I am not saying Dealerships are any better, but poo starts from the top and rolls down. Auto repair is the only blue collar industry that has seen cuts in pay, compared to Electricians, Plumbers, ect. And until it is fixed, it is only going to get worse.

IdahoMaverickMom

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would disconnect the battery for 5 minutes, then re-try

Same as the old MS Windows joke...roll all the windows down and back up to reset the software...honestly hope that disconnecting the battery works to reset the software

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After waiting 13 months for mine and driving it 3 weeks, the check engine light came on. Air in the cooling system for the high volt battery. Called my local dealer where I bought it, and got an appointment 6 days later. But they said bring it in, and they’d at least work it in to figure out the problem ahead of time. I have a really good dealer! Called yesterday, and they said the cooling hose had been misrouted and wore a tiny pinhole in the line. Emergency ordered the part and will let me know by 9 or 10 Monday. I have always had good service with this dealer, and they have treated me fairly. Smaller dealer, so I probably waited longer for my truck, but worth it on the backside. Thanks Ford Autoworld in Anderson, IN!

*Edit* Let me add he asked me how I was set for transportation without any prompting. I told him I was fine until Monday. If it’s not fixed then, he’ll call Enterprise.
When was your Mav made?

OP
OP
AbnRgr

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I spent time this weekend trying to identify any loose 12V component with no luck. The same for disconnecting the battery. I started my calls to the dealer again this morning. Initially, I was told 5 Oct was the earliest I could be seen. While I was waiting to hear from a senior service manager, I motivated my salesperson to engage with the service department. I got a call back telling me I can bring it in for a drop off tomorrow morning. No promise of anything other than they will attempt to work it in to diagnosis the problem. This is what I expected with my first call.

OP
OP
AbnRgr

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid