Sponsored

6mo Post the Gas Tank Recall I’m Going In 🤞(👍 All GOOD!)

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s been almost six months since the few early Mavericks with SIBL’s had a recall posted to examine (replace) potentially damaged full tanks and I’m finally taking the little fellow (Houdini) in.

Here’s hoping the dealer has done their homework and if it needs replacing it doesn’t takes weeks.

I’ve done my part by presenting the information to the service manager regarding non-reusable bolts and potential lead time issues, if the tank is bad. Seems mine will be the first they have seen in the shop. 😐

Anyone else still putting this off?
Sponsored

Last edited:

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could this be why I can only manage an average of 22mpg with a soft foot on eco? I had a spray in liner done aftermarket though

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could this be why I can only manage an average of 22mpg with a soft foot on eco? I had a spray in liner done aftermarket though
If they cleared the holes the same way, and drilled into the tank, I’d say it possible. Won’t be covered under the recall obviously. Do you smell gas?

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No gas smell but I haven't really sniffed around, I'll give it a nose test after the drive home today

Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s been almost six months since the few early Mavericks with SIBL’s had a recall posted to examine (replace) potentially damaged full tanks and I’m finally taking the little fellow (Houdini) in.

Here’s hoping the dealer has done their homework and if it needs replacing it doesn’t takes weeks.

I’ve done my part by presenting the information to the service manager regarding non-reusable bolts and potential lead time issues, if the tank is bad. Seems mine will be the first they have seen in the shop. 😐

My tank arrived pretty quickly. Like 1.5 days quick. I think my whole recall took 3 days. They ordered the bolts ahead of time though.
Make sure you add some fuel after you pick it up to check the needle moves accurately. A few of us have had issues with the sending unit after the tank was replaced.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I did check the parts availability just now in Ford's system.... looks like both fuel tanks and the bolts are in stock, so your dealer should be able to order and receive parts quickly (if needed).

OP
OP
The Weatherman

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just checked back with dealer and all is good!

It was ready this afternoon, but I went ahead and scheduled its second oil change (6,000mi) while its there. I had the first done at 1000. That’s at 7:45 tomorrow morning, so I guess I’ll get it back tomorrow afternoon.

My dealership has been spot on through the whole order, purchase, ownership process.

Kudos to Don Franklin Ford of Columbia, KY.
Sponsored