kinda figured this was coming

Spyderider

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
There will be no Maverick production scheduling next week.

2022 Ford Maverick scheduling 11:1.png
Local dealer told me they understood the suspension of production next week effected the hybrid models. Thought those were suspended already. Confused? Someone is, including me.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Local dealer told me they understood the suspension of production next week effected the hybrid models. Thought those were suspended already. Confused? Someone is, including me.
Ford has still been producing the hybrids right along, they just haven't been cleared to ship from the factory.

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, at least I won't have false hope next week!

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With the factory shut down next week, it's probably to give room to push everyone back a week that has already been scheduled.

[**checks in-box for delayed production email from Ford**] o_O

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It always seemed like the big scheduling weeks were the second Thursday of each month, so I wasn't really expecting much next week. But it is still disappointing to know that no scheduling will happen.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I'm still convinced the problem with todays workforce is the hourly wage. If you're going to get paid $10.00 per hour to make one or a hundred hamburgers, you're going to make as few as you can and still make $10.00 regardless of the number produced.

If they paid workers by the numbers they produce (properly, without issues) they'd be making so damn many we couldn't order them fast enough.

I'm in favor of performance based pay. In the case where the employee is restricted by the numbers they are able to make, then pay them based on performance with a little extra due to issues outside their control.

We would have had out Mavericks back in June and July had this been the case.

Just my opinion.

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm still convinced the problem with todays workforce is the hourly wage. If you're going to get paid $10.00 per hour to make one or a hundred hamburgers, you're going to make as few as you can and still make $10.00 regardless of the number produced.

If they paid workers by the numbers they produce (properly, without issues) they'd be making so damn many we couldn't order them fast enough.

I'm in favor of performance based pay. In the case where the employee is restricted by the numbers they are able to make, then pay them based on performance with a little extra due to issues outside their control.

Just my opinion.
Fast Food workers get $15.00 an hour.

When people can make more money sitting at home on their butts, rather than working, well...just think about it.

Sponsored

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two

Just my opinion.
I wouldnt buy a vehicle with workers being paid piece work. I have worked in such a place building camper trailers and let me tell you quality was not on anyone minds. It was how fast they could throw out a unit, which i believe meant some quality was over looked.

You dont want to be the one stopping production cause something wasnt done right. First you are messing with everyone elses paycheck which wont make you very popular. So there is a type of pier pressure to let things go.

Its not an idea work model when anyone is concerned about quality.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Fast Food workers get $15.00 an hour.

When people can make more money sitting at home on their butts, rather than working, well...just think about it.
I realize that. I used a fictitious amount and commodity. I mean just standing in line at McDonalds waiting to order, you can tell these people are paid hourly. If they were paid by the customer, they'd be flying. And so would Maverick makers.

Last edited:

hunterdon1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I ordered my maverick I told the dealer that I expected it to take 6 months before I got the vehicle. Now it's looking like 10 to 12 months at the earliest. No matter how good this truck may be, it is not worth a wait that long.
Sponsored