First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
NO Maverick FOR ME. I ordered Maverick last October, Hybrid, Lariat, white, LUX, 360 with a $500 deposit. Stopped at the dealer, VIC BAILEY Ford, Spartanburg SC, six weeks ago and was told if the truck had to be rolled over as a 23 model year the dealership would do it automatically. I did not have to do anything. When the order bank opened for the 23's I did nothing as instructed. Two weeks I called Ford directly. Ford rep told me there was a four-digit number missing from the order that had to be entered by dealer. I contacted the dealer by phone and no one ever called me back. I always had to contact them (shitty service). I finally was able to talk to a senior manager, James, (he never called back either). I was asked why I had not responded to Ford's email with instructions on rolling over to a 23. I never received any such email! Three days after the date he said he would call I reached out to him. James said that the order was not going to be fulfilled. He did not know where the error occurred (of course). James did offer an option. Next year when order banks open I can order a 24model year Maverick. Yes, that was the only option. My reply was to return my deposit. I will never buy a Ford vehicle nor buy from Vic Bailey, including their other dealerships.
I own a 2014 Honda CR-V with 53k miles. It runs great. I'm changing the original tires and performing a few other maintenance items and keeping for a while. What a shitty experience with Ford and Vic Bailey Ford.
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry that sucks. While I get why Ford did it that way, it's tough for people like you who listened to bad advice.

Milqueman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid, 2013 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So sorry to hear that happened to you, But I would place the blame on your dealership, not Ford. Not blaming you, but it was announced months ago that MY22 would not be automatically rolled over to MY23 and that each person would have to re-order through their dealer. Why you didn't get the memo, I don't know. Sounds like the dealership screwed you and doesn't know what they're doing. Yes, Ford has their problems, but most of that is out of their hands with the global supply system being messed up, but that has nothing to do with ordering through the dealer. Totally the dealers fault here.

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was asked why I had not responded to Ford's email with instructions on rolling over to a 23.
Ahh yes, the email that only went to DEALERS telling them to contact their customers. Why didn't you follow the instructions in that email that only went to the DEALERS. :unsure:

This is what we call a :poop: show.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So sorry to hear that happened to you, But I would place the blame on your dealership, not Ford. Not blaming you, but it was announced months ago that MY22 would not be automatically rolled over to MY23 and that each person would have to re-order through their dealer. Why you didn't get the memo, I don't know. Sounds like the dealership screwed you and doesn't know what they're doing. Yes, Ford has their problems, but most of that is out of their hands with the global supply system being messed up, but that has nothing to do with ordering through the dealer. Totally the dealers fault here.
Sounds like OP communicated with dealer, who told them "sit tight we got it". Then they dropped the ball. Still on dealer but I can understand how OP thought it was handled.

Milqueman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid, 2013 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like OP communicated with dealer, who told them "sit tight we got it". Then they dropped the ball. Still on dealer but I can understand how OP thought it was handled.
Yes, I agree. Not arguing here at all, but the OP is blaming both the dealer AND Ford. As I said, it was put out months ago, in numerous formats, that customers had to reorder. If the dealer said "we got this", then again, my point is correct that the dealer is totally at fault. Yes, Ford has problems, but this ain't on them this time.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am very sorry for your situation. Unfortunately it has happened to many.

"Stopped at the dealer, VIC BAILEY Ford, Spartanburg SC, six weeks ago and was told if the truck had to be rolled over as a 23 model year the dealership would do it automatically.

Too many dealers and their salesmen are not up to speed.

I called my dealer on the morning of Sept 15 to schedule an appointment to go in to rollover my 22 to a 23. I was told at that time my 22 wasn't scheduled. I went in that afternoon and was told that Ford was going to roll over the 22's to 23 automatically. I told the salesman NO and insisted on placing an order. After we finished the order, I asked about my "private offer". He went to talk to the "compute guy". He came back and told me that my 22 was scheduled. I asked for a VIN and got it.

This dealer has a banner at the top of there web page "Advanced Factory CUSTOM ORDER Headquarters"

Farley has said that Ford wants to move more to a retail order format. If they want to do this they really need to fix and standardize their ordering system.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Step 1 - never trust a dealer.

Always, always, always consult forums, reviews, social media, whatever you can to see if you can learn the process yourself.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Using email only as communication is just wrong! I never got any email using the email given to Ford/dealership BEFORE picking up truck and I only knew it arrived when my salesman called to tell me the dealership sold it to someone else, and I needed to rush over and claim it if still available.
AFTER they sold my email address to 3rd parties to survey and market finally got a email but not from Ford!!!

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My salesman was fired soon after my order and none assigned to me therefore I never got called or any e mails. Only Ford calls was my info. Build date Dec 19

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You will always be your own best advocate. I learned that early in my career, and apply it to many things inside and outside of work. Don't trust others to protect your interests without verifying they haven't dropped the ball.

Blame lies first with dealer, second with OP for not following up. Don't really fault Ford beyond the system they set up being clunky.
Sponsored