No hybrids until spring says dealer

popyx9

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
I just got a call from my dealer saying Ford just informed them hybrids aren't going to be built until spring and I can change my order to gas if I want. Anyone else?
Received E-mail from Ford that my Lariat Hybrid ruby Red 1st edition will be built week of 12-13
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I always recommend getting what you want. Don’t settle for something because you get it a little faster.

bbishop0806

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiesta
Did you receive a confirmation e-mail back when you ordered? If you didn't receive that and this e-mail I'd suspect Ford might not have your e-mail address properly.
I did. Once i get scheduled i ask my dealer about it.

TD331

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I spoke with my dealer yesterday ( Supreme Ford, Slidell LA ) They said Ford has a problem with parts ( go figure ).Didn’t say what parts or how many they could build. What they were told is that Hybrids would be built until they run out of parts, then there would be a 6 - 8 month delay.

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered about 2 months ago, so fairly late in the game. I'm hoping for a January delivery.
As others have said or implied, just speculating here, but your dealer might want your hybrid for another customer.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can’t even get this email ordered my hybrid in June. Is this only for people who hybrids are built but just sitting in a lot
This email is for those whose Hybrid Maverick is already built or have a scheduled build date at the time the email was sent.

I am scheduled for the build week of 11/15 and received the email with the wording " Your new 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid pickup will be on its way in a few short months, with initial Hybrid deliveries expected to start in January. "

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This email is for those whose Hybrid Maverick is already built or have a scheduled build date at the time the email was sent.

I am scheduled for the build week of 11/15 and received the email with the wording " Your new 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid pickup will be on its way in a few short months, with initial Hybrid deliveries expected to start in January. "
The email also went to those with early hybrid orders who haven't been scheduled to be built yet, but with slightly different wording. Or at least I received it, and my order was 7/16 and hasn't been scheduled yet.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The email also went to those with early hybrid orders who haven't been scheduled to be built yet, but with slightly different wording. Or at least I received it, and my order was 7/16 and hasn't been scheduled yet.
Yes those who currently have Hybrid orders in to Ford and have received the confirmed order email from Ford and are not yet scheduled for build do receive this email but it states delivery is in 2022 not the "Hybrid deliveries expected to start in January" line.

Last edited:

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My late July order is not scheduled yet. This is the wording from my email:

" The demand has been overwhelming for America's first standard hybrid truck. In fact, it's nearly sold out for the 2022 model year. Luckily there's already one with your name on it, and we're doing everything to build through the queue as quickly as possible. Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated. "

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
I got two hybrids ordered with email confirmation from ford but didnt get a email about the ford delay.. So not everyone got those email fyi.

Sponsored

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

" The demand has been overwhelming for America's first standard hybrid truck. In fact, it's nearly sold out for the 2022 model year. Luckily there's already one with your name on it, and we're doing everything to build through the queue as quickly as possible. Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated. "
Yeah, same wording as mine.

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Maybe it is just an easier market if they shift to the South!!!
https://fordauthority.com/2021/10/2022-ford-maverick-arrives-in-brazil-as-import-pivot-takes-shape/

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got a call from my dealer saying Ford just informed them hybrids aren't going to be built until spring and I can change my order to gas if I want. Anyone else?
If I were you, I would just add a NEW order for a gas model and keep the hybrid order on the books. The way things are going, you can always sell one (or let the dealer keep it as I'm sure he would have no problem with). I just did that the other way around. I have a FE EB on order and just placed an order for a Hybrid with a 6 month out expectation of delivery, if then.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 96 F150, 65 Mustang, 2021 R3
And Ford also said I'd get my new Maverick this fall, so what makes you think this delay rumor is not true? So far what Ford has stated has not been accurate and the rumor mill has been... believe me I want my new truck, I had to break down and buy a daily driver till it comes in. I just don't trust Ford to be totally honest and my June 9th order is still not scheduled.
Sponsored