First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I try to take care of my cars but eventually they all get nicks and scratches. But I've never owned a collector vehicle and by the time I am done with them sell them for whatever I can get, usually around $2K. I imagine the Maverick will be the same.

Which brings me to my main point here. I'm getting the Maverick mostly to haul my mountain bike around. I plan on getting the tailgate skirt and just put the front wheel over the tailgate. People say it will scratch it up. But will I care in 5 years? Can't be too hard to have it repainted either right?
Why not do the bicycle mount kit that ford shows you how to do with a 2x6. Materials are cheap, and you can close the tailgate with nothing hanging over.
Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope my food could mix, my Grandmother used to freak out because I liked mixing my peas into my mashed potatoes 😆!
Oh I avoided the blender dare! I saw some nasty stuff go into them!
Yeah when we were kid our dares didn't require eating stuff that would seriously hurt you like that pod challenge! Unbelievable when I heard about that!
The super bassOmatic 76

VICKY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK 2.L ECO-BOOST & Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
when my truck finally arrives I will have one of each 07 MX5 Highland green + 2022 Mav Alto blue
Same here, 08' Red MX5 and 22 Chili Red Maverick, I guess we both have really good taste!

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Told my husband he's not allowed to smoke in my Maverick when it finally gets here, and his response: "OH, I'm GONNA smoke in it to break it in." And unlike most normal people who own dogs who LOVE car rides, my rat terrier is a puker when we have to travel. It'll be like having young children all over again, stopping every 1-1/2 to 2 hours so the pup can empty her innards. My OCD is already in overdrive and I don't even have my new ride yet. I'm going to have to hermetically seal the back seat area for my own sanity.
I used to own a Boxer that would puke in the vehicle, once she could see out, she was fine!

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mixing peas in mashed potatoes! OH, THE HORRORS!! Kidding...everyone does that!

The only thing I've hard of worse than the Tide Pod Challenge is something about putting a penny in a light socket. I'll have to look up the details of this one, but supposedly it blows out the entire electrical system in your home.
There was one challenge that I heard coming from a radio station in California. The person had to drink a gallon of water in less than 30 minutes (?). A lady who did the challenge died from it because she had too much fluid in her system and it total upset her electrolytes in her body and it shutdown! I did know that was possible!

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All these posts and nothing about a fix for the GLOWING CATS 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Mavdog23

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Not for me it won't , hi guys I saw this article and had to comment first I'm happy to be part of the club. This is the first new car I have ever owned so I feel fortunate to own it. I will obsess for years will put only premium in her even if it means I have to budget food will never eat food in the cab or risk hauling anything that might hang over the side leak or gouge or cut the bed liner. I even learned how to take out chips and scratches like a pro were you can't even tell there was one for me there is no new glow to wear off cause it will never look old. I swear as you and this comment in 10 years the only way you will be able to tell my Macrick was ever driven will be the mills. One must appreciate those things in life that make there lives better and do to them as you want done to you.

darkvesperia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade
I ripped off the bandaid pretty early. It slid off my drive way into the frozen snow and the ice put a tiny scratch on the bumper the day after I got it :LOL:

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, my Mustang convertible has never worn off, But…the kids can’t eat or drink in it either. Or touch it.
Agreed. My 2007 mustang GT. No food or drinks in it except water. My kids are not allowed to touch it. Actually though, my son and I took a 4,000 mile road trip in it. He was 9 at the time. A portable DVD player helped. He wants to road trip in the maverick when I get it.

Ford Maverick New Vehicle Glow Wears off Fast. 20190730_075018

Ford Maverick New Vehicle Glow Wears off Fast. 20190720_154835

Ford Maverick New Vehicle Glow Wears off Fast. 20190720_205322

Ford Maverick New Vehicle Glow Wears off Fast. 20190802_112104

Ford Maverick New Vehicle Glow Wears off Fast. 20190717_211214

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not for me it won't , hi guys I saw this article and had to comment first I'm happy to be part of the club. This is the first new car I have ever owned so I feel fortunate to own it. I will obsess for years will put only premium in her even if it means I have to budget food will never eat food in the cab or risk hauling anything that might hang over the side leak or gouge or cut the bed liner. I even learned how to take out chips and scratches like a pro were you can't even tell there was one for me there is no new glow to wear off cause it will never look old. I swear as you and this comment in 10 years the only way you will be able to tell my Macrick was ever driven will be the mills. One must appreciate those things in life that make there lives better and do to them as you want done to you.
I too feel the same way about my vehicles. It's why my 28 year old Silverado is still in my possession after ordering it new in 1994. After 28 years, she isnt perfect, but is still really nice compared to the few I still do see driving around. I feel fortunate to have found this group and the deal thst Granger ford offered. I was going to go with an XL, but their offer allowed me to step up into an XLT. The Maverick will be my daily driver until I retire in 9 years. She will probably rack up 80,000 in that time.

I recommend an oil seperator can from Buschur performance. Otherwise the compressor side is gonna suck oil vapor into the intercooler and kill its efficiency. This is common with turbos. Use synthetic oil, and do your oil and filter changes every 3,000-3,500 to keep the turbos bearings clean. Let engine idle about a minute before shutdown, as just the act of pulling into your driveway or a parking space starts winding the turbo up. A turbo typically idles at about 6,000 to 8,000 rpm. That's the other reason for keeping the bearings riding on clean synthetic oil.

Hope this helps
Matt

bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Meh. It's just a car/trunk. A cheap one at that. Doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. Use it for what it's intended for. Take care of it enough so that it's works as expected and move on. There will be another one soon enough.

Most don't keep a car more than 4-5 years anyway. There isn't much increase in trade/sale for a perfect since nothing is perfect. The value just isn't there.

Of course, do what you like. But seems like wasted effort to me

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not a 50k+ luxury truck. It's one that starts around 21.5k. It's made cheaply so it can be a daily commuter with great gas mileage. People complaining about the cheap materials and paint don't even realize that the average new vehicle price in America now is 40k, and the Maverick isn't anywhere near it. You get what you pay for...expect even with its short comings, it's still a better deal for what you get than nearly any other vehicle out there.
People seem to forget this. It doesn't work that way. If you want high end features, this ain't the truck for you. If you're looking for inexpensive utility, it is.

You ain't getting filet mignon for the price of hamburger so why expect that with a truck?

Darcast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have bought a lot of vehicles over the years. The researching, the ordering, the waiting and finally the drive home from the dealership is where it peaks. After that, it's a few weeks of obsessively cleaning every speck of dirt and dust and looking back at it when you park. Then you get a minor scratch and spill a coffee and you just don't give a shi%$ anymore and it's just transportation.

Enjoy the wait
I love mine also. Two months, dive thousands miles, 1 small dent, and a scratch; I'm still in love. Managing 55 at least in city ( after some driving curbs like no speeding and easing up to speed.) No complaints here.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.