Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone tried these? It appears they are new

CROSSCONTACT ATR - SIZE: 225/65R17
On-/Off-Road All-Terrain

At 25 lbs, they are only 1 pound heavier than the stock hybrid tires. They are the same diameter at 28.5" and the tread is almost an inch wider at 7.4". Moderately aggressive tread pattern as well. I might try them......

Sponsored

OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ran Defenders LTXs on 2 of my Platinum Expeditions, great tires, but I was looking for something lighter. thanks

AUTUS_FL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT HYBRD;2021 HONDA REBEL 1100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone tried these? It appears they are new

CROSSCONTACT ATR - SIZE: 225/65R17
On-/Off-Road All-Terrain

At 25 lbs, they are only 1 pound heavier than the stock hybrid tires. They are the same diameter at 28.5" and the tread is almost an inch wider at 7.4". Moderately aggressive tread pattern as well. I might try them......

Agreed. Thanks for sharing. It's 4 lbs. lighter than Michelin LTX, it's new and cheaper. Win-win situation, I think

Ford Maverick New Continental CROSSCONTACT ATR - SIZE: 225/65R17 Tires 1649374487209

Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems like a decent tire to try. I most likely will take the wildpeak trails off my outback and put them on the Mav. They are heavier (31lbs) but they are severe snow rated and have that aggressive look. That continental will be something I look back at though

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lighter likely translates to shorter tread life. However, if you're driving a hybrid I guess lighter matters. Personally, I would find the savings in a wheel, not the tire which is the contact point.

OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are rated Almost as highly as the Michelins in terms of mileage warranty.

OP
OP

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
rated but not proven yet. I'm not driving a hybrid though so don't really care about minor weight differences. Will take a lot for me to give up Michelin's

https://tractionlife.com/michelin-defender-ltx-ms-review/
OK, the new tires not yet rated , we'll see how that develops. Too soon to tell.

I run Michelins on my Viper, my '66 GT350 and my wife's Platinum Explorer and did with my 2 Platinum Expeditions, All absolutely great tires.. We've collectively probably put (way)
over 200k+ miles on them.

I purchased this Maverick to primarily be my 6k a year fishing trip vehicle to keep the miles off my others. Just looking for something a bit more robust, as the stock tires look
very weak and I'm trying to be consistent with the Hybrid theme..

But I cant leave anything alone. LOL

thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed. Thanks for sharing. It's 4 lbs. lighter than Michelin LTX, it's new and cheaper. Win-win situation, I think

1649374487209.png
You should really like the Continentals. That should be a really good all-purpose tire. I have three sets of tires and wheels for mine, just because I have a huge variation in how I use my truck. I have a set of Continental ContiProContact SL, a set that came on the rig, Falken Wildtrak, and a set of Bridgestone Blizak. All are P235/65/17 so I can just pull the wheels off and put the ones I need back on without screwing up the speedometer and I don't have to monkey with the ForScan. I can swap out a set of wheels in under an hour. I carry a torque wrench and socket under the back seat so I can check the torque after I change the wheels. Makes it easy to go for the weekend when I get off work. I can go home, change wheels, and hit the road, and if I get off an hour or two early :)
I imagine it sounds pretty extravagant but If I am going off-road I use the Falkens if it is snowing I use the Blizak and if I am on the highway I use the Continentals. I don't see tearing up a set of All-Terrain tires on the highway, which aren't worth a crap in deep snow, and highway tires get chewed up pretty fast in granite and basalt. Tires are expensive and I think, as with the last three vehicles I have had, a set of snow meats, and a set of highway meats are well worth the investment and it saves in the long run. Just have to keep the rig in alignment. But I do get a bunch of crap from my friends when they see 10 wheels and tires in my garage on a pallet.

Last edited:

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are rated Almost as highly as the Michelins in terms of mileage warranty.

I have run most brands of tires over the years and my overall favorite tire is the Continental. Good wear, good performance, and good ride. I have had trouble with most brands at one time or another and for my money Continentals are the better choice but everyone has their own opinion so I don't try to persuade people for one brand over another.

AUTUS_FL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT HYBRD;2021 HONDA REBEL 1100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should really like the Continentals. That should be a really good all-purpose tire. I have three sets of tires and wheels for mine, just because I have a huge variation in how I use my truck. I have a set of Continental ContiProContact SL, a set that came on the rig, Falken Wildtrak, and a set of Bridgestone Blizak. All are P235/65/17 so I can just pull the wheels off and put the ones I need back on without screwing up the speedometer and I don't have to monkey with the ForScan. I can swap out a set of wheels in under an hour. I carry a torque wrench and socket under the back seat so I can check the torque after I change the wheels. Makes it easy to go for the weekend when I get off work. I can go home, change wheels, and hit the road, and if I get off an hour or two early :)
I imagine it sounds pretty extravagant but If I am going off-road I use the Falkens if it is snowing I use the Blizak and if I am on the highway I use the Continentals. I don't see tearing up a set of All-Terrain tires on the highway, which aren't worth a crap in deep snow, and highway tires get chewed up pretty fast in granite and basalt. Tires are expensive and I think, as with the last three vehicles I have had, a set of snow meats, and a set of highway meats are well worth the investment and it saves in the long run. Just have to keep the rig in alignment. But I do get a bunch of crap from my friends when they see 10 wheels and tires in my garage on a pallet.
Thank you @bdaniel230 ! I'm looking forward to it. It's nice when you have multiple tire choices according to the road conditions. It's the ultimate driving experience! Enjoy!

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

lighter likely translates to shorter tread life. However, if you're driving a hybrid I guess lighter matters. Personally, I would find the savings in a wheel, not the tire which is the contact point.
Anyone have any idea how much the 18" Bright Aluminum wheels weigh?

Pines Bettur

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've also been thinking about this tire. Has anyone tried them yet?
Sponsored