Sponsored

Debating upgrading the tires to Falken Wildpeak, A/T Trail vs A/T3W, 225/65R17 vs 235/65R17

AwdCactusxlt

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 xlt awd ecoboost
I have 245/65-17 Wildpeak Trails on my AWD. Great tire, nice and quiet, still getting 25MPG… just an all around great tire.

I did find out after installation that the tires are meant for unibody SUVs and crossovers, maybe that’s why the ride is nice.

4605B440-FB11-435A-9281-90B5EA30073A.jpeg
Looks great! Mustang wheels?
Sponsored

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

DryFlyGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got the A/T Trails and I think they're great - great on the road and snow, I'm quite satisfied with them!

20220307_152446.jpg
Just got the A/T Trails and I think they're great - great on the road and snow, I'm quite satisfied with them!

20220307_152446.jpg
How was your fuel mileage effected putting on the 225/65/17? I am considering the same option if my truck is ever built.

MaverIQ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i've been running 245/65/17 Falken WildPeak A/T Trail's for 3K miles on my stock suspension FWD hybrid and couldn't be happier! my wheel and tire combo completely transformed my Mav into a true truck.

maybe lost a couple MPGs but well worth it for the improved look and performance. i've coasted through snowy mountain roads where AWD SUVs without A/T tires were skidding and stopping.

Sponsored

mhw21zap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i've been running 245/65/17 Falken WildPeak A/T Trail's for 3K miles on my stock suspension FWD hybrid and couldn't be happier! my wheel and tire combo completely transformed my Mav into a true truck.

maybe lost a couple MPGs but well worth it for the improved look and performance. i've coasted through snowy mountain roads where AWD SUVs without A/T tires were skidding and stopping.
Howdy, brother! I am in SoCal as well and will finally be picking up my XLT Hybrid (more than 500+ days!). I am debating between the the 235 vs 245/65/17 Falken Wildpeaks (AT3 vs Trails). I was wondering if I could see a few more pics of your truck? I don't mind losing some MPG, as long as it's nothing crazy. What kind of mileage do you average? Thanks for any advice!

MaverIQ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Howdy, brother! I am in SoCal as well and will finally be picking up my XLT Hybrid (more than 500+ days!). I am debating between the the 235 vs 245/65/17 Falken Wildpeaks (AT3 vs Trails). I was wondering if I could see a few more pics of your truck? I don't mind losing some MPG, as long as it's nothing crazy. What kind of mileage do you average? Thanks for any advice!
hey sorry for the late reply, definitely go with the 245's as the they fit perfect (no rubbing or anything) and fill the fenders well. the 235's look a bit small. i have more pics up on my instagram page (@doctormaveriq) but let me know if you are looking for something specific.

as far as mileage- my onboard MPG states 33.3MPG but since I never really drove much with the stock tires I don't know how much my heavy foot would average without all-terrains but I do know that the Mav doesn't look or feel like a truck until you upgrade wheels/tires!

fyi there's a SoCal meet where a bunch of Mavs will be out in Arcadia on Sunday March 26th and i'll be out there with my Mav if you want to check it out in person!
Sponsored