Sponsored

Need quick decision. Cancel splash guards to get truck sooner?

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just found out that the splash guards will cause a delay as they are late availability. I am priority #10 so first in line. Can anyone tell me what kind of delay this may mean? Weeks or months?

I told the sales manager if he would guarantee the same cost I would remove them. He said he would not, but that if I get them after I would have to pay shipping plus installation! He mentioned I could buy them afterwards elsewhere. Would that be a good or bad idea to buy them and get them installed afterwards? How important are splash guards? I won't be on dirt a lot but wanted to protect the new truck. Maybe go skiing once a year.

Please advise. I'm a first-time truck buyer and first-time participant in any car forums. And a mom dealing with a difficult, frustrating sales manager. Thank you.
Sponsored

charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150
I just found out that the splash guards will cause a delay as they are late availability. I am priority #10 so first in line. Can anyone tell me what kind of delay this may mean? Weeks or months?

I told the sales manager if he would guarantee the same cost I would remove them. He said he would not, but that if I get them after I would have to pay shipping plus installation! He mentioned I could buy them afterwards elsewhere. Would that be a good or bad idea to buy them and get them installed afterwards? How important are splash guards? I won't be on dirt a lot but wanted to protect the new truck. Maybe go skiing once a year.

Please advise. I'm a first-time truck buyer and first-time participant in any car forums. And a mom dealing with a difficult, frustrating sales manager. Thank you.
Drop them, pick up something after market if you decide you need them.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I've never owned, nor anyone in my immediate family owned, a truck with splash guards. That's about 10 trucks. I'd ditch em. One of the dealers that did an ama on Reddit said late availability typically means halfway through the year model production run.

Sponsored

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I deleted the splash guards… dealers Have no idea when they will be available so late delivery could be 3 weeks or 3 month. Production doesn’t even start til August 16th, so with late availability, you could be looking at January 2022… I personally don’t want to wait for a $70 item

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I dropped them from my order. I figure that I can add them later. If I had more patience, I would have left them on, but I need the truck sooner.

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

My granddaughter was a dancer, till she started cheerleading, she's 16 now and still helps, small hands fit in small places :love:

After you get your Maverick start checking Ebay and Amazon, you'll get them cheaper than at the dealership (y)
Now for the install
Do you DIY?
This will be a supper easy install, about like checking your air and oil.
You'll need a couple of hand tools.
If you don't "do it yourself" ask around.
If your kids are teenagers, inspite of media hype they will know someone who will be glad to help.

Good luck and keep us updated.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
100% drop them

Salwans

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are useful here in the Northwest where it rains a lot and roads get grimy. I also deleted them from my order because of the late availability, and plan to install them later given the ease of installation.

Sponsored

WhoAmI2021

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6S Wagon, E250, Kia Soul
I would cancel and buy aftermarket. I did not order them and am not sure if I would need them.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I kept the splash guards on my build. I’m not in a super rush. It will allow the others to be the ones to work the kinks out of the initial production process. Lol.

XBeatzX

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Toyota Tundra & '03 Honda Element
Engine
Undecided
Yep, drop 'em. The Ford OEM Flaps are usually never very good (F150), unlike Toyota and Dodge which are usually very good. Aftermarkets take around 20 minutes to install. No Brainer....

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let me play devil’s advocate here and be contrarian for the sake of argument.

No you should totally keep them.

BARTMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Canceled mine also. Will order some from the dealership parts dept. when they become available and will install myself (if not to difficult) or let the dealer's service dept. install.
Sponsored