Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 1500, 23 CG XTL Lux, 24 SB Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

FWIW my dealer said they used all their MY24 allocations and still took my order, then allowed me to change it from an XLT Lux to a Lariat the following week. I got the order confirmation from Ford the same day I ordered it. This was two weeks ago.

Edit: OP you are smart to avoid "poking the bear" as you say. When I got divorced my ex wanted me to buy back half of my paid off truck from her, since it was newer than her vehicle. She dropped it after I pointed out that she had emptied the house of all our furniture, including a newish $7000 dining room set and brand new $5000 bedroom set. Things like that can and will come into play during a divorce. I wish you the best of luck. Hire the best lawyer you can afford and get the truck later!
Sponsored

Last edited:

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Div
if your divorce isn't finalized yet, do not buy a new vehicle or any other costly assets. in most states the ex would have title to half of it.

if it is finalized and finances are iffy, I would pass on it unless you really, really need a new vehicle.
Divorce is finalized 6 months after filing which is a few days longer than the 180 days required to cash lotto ticket. This prevents lottery winner from filing for divorce and waiting to claim his/her winnings after the divorce becomes final.

DBKeel1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are order banks for 2024 closed? My 2023 just came in, but my financial circumstances changed. I want the truck, but getting it 6 months from now would be nice. Trying to decide if I should try and stretch things and take delivery or start over with a ‘24. Thanks.
What are driving now? Is the Maverick a hybrid? I cut my gas consumption in 1/2 with my Hybrid. That may help you make a decision.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
jesemd

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm going to ask my dealer to reorder my same build as a '24 because I loved it when I drove it. If not, a few good dealers nearby still have allocations. I'm actually hoping Ford takes at least 6 months this time around.

The '24 build loses the manual rear window and the factory spray in liner, but gains a drop-in liner. Really the only cost difference was the base price increase. All the options washed out. Maybe I can sell the drop-in liner to offset some of the cost of Line-X?

Sponsored

Bill K

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t cancel. Buy the truck.

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

One in the hand is better than two on the order books.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm going to ask my dealer to reorder my same build as a '24 because I loved it when I drove it. If not, a few good dealers nearby still have allocations. I'm actually hoping Ford takes at least 6 months this time around.

The '24 build loses the manual rear window and the factory spray in liner, but gains a drop-in liner. Really the only cost difference was the base price increase. All the options washed out. Maybe I can sell the drop-in liner to offset some of the cost of Line-X?
It depends on where you live, and how many Mavericks are in the area, especially XL models. You probably won't get anywhere near full price for it, maybe 50-65% retail best case. But, sure, I do think there are some buyers for a cheap factory drop-in liner.

MoveOver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

If you re-order you might want to look for a dealer who offers a discount from MSRP.

OP
OP
jesemd

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you re-order you might want to look for a dealer who offers a discount from MSRP.
I called around everywhere in about an hour's radius. Everyone is still at MSRP.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jesemd

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How far is Chapman from you? They are 1% under invoice https://www.chapmanfordhorsham.com/
Thanks, but it’s too far for $300. Easier to join the farm bureau.

Studying the order guide a little closer it seems the XLT Lux also gets black mirrors instead of body color and loses the wiper de-icers. Not sure how I feel about the mirrors, but I’m pissed she is costing me the de-icers and the sliding rear window.:mad::ROFLMAO:🤬

Last edited: