First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I got a call from my dealer today. They've been super straight with me this whole time about timing and pricing, and essentially they called to say that I may be waiting a loooooooooong time for splash guards. I knew this was on the late order list and was okay with that, but they said rubber shortages were making it so it could be over six months before they could get them. I took his advice and cancelled them, and also took the opportunity to axe the protective hood and fender film. Saw pictures of that up close and wasn't thrilled with how much it stuck out.

Anyone else heard anything about this?
Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I got a call from my dealer today. They've been super straight with me this whole time about timing and pricing, and essentially they called to say that I may be waiting a loooooooooong time for splash guards. I knew this was on the late order list and was okay with that, but they said rubber shortages were making it so it could be over six months before they could get them. I took his advice and cancelled them, and also took the opportunity to axe the protective hood and fender film. Saw pictures of that up close and wasn't thrilled with how much it stuck out.

Anyone else heard anything about this?
Have you searched this forum? You definitely don't want to add the splash guards.

From the Current Order GUide: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/attachments/08-01-21-maverick-order-guide-pdf.2720/

LATE AVAILABILITY – Subject to Change
● 4K Tow Package (53Q) for FWD XL and XLT
● Splash Guards, Molded, Front and Rear (4-piece) (63B)
● Bed Tray Liner (96B)
● Bedliner – Hard Drop-in (96J)
● Bed Divider Kit (DIO)
● Rear Cross Bars (DIO)
● Rapid Red Metallic Tri-Coat (D4)

OP
OP
Jcj280

Jcj280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you searched this forum? You definitely don't want to add the splash guards.
Yes I have and knew it was a known issue but wanted to update with info directly from my dealer and see if anyone else got a call like this today.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
About 10 days after my July 1st Reservation was accepted by Ford, I cancelled the spash guards after hearing of the delays they would cause. Glad I did. Good luck on your reservation.

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Yes I have and knew it was a known issue but wanted to update with info directly from my dealer and see if anyone else got a call like this today.
Sounds like you have a dealer wanting to make a sale and do you right.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So many shortage. Might as well 3D print the whole truck 😅
If only they would release STL files haven't even released the FITS STL for the slots yet

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If only they would release STL files haven't even released the FITS STL for the slots yet
I'm surprised no one has managed to catch the dimensions off a trainer/show model yet. Guess I'm going to have to try to mold a copy when I check one out next week.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean if you get your truck sooner and can have splash guards dealer installed at a later date.
Sounds like a win win if you can get your truck sooner.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I retained them on my order.

They were always listed as late availability from beginning. I see it as a calculated buffer from initial units being produced and going through any potential teething issues to them getting my build when they are available.

I was expecting sometime in Q1 or early Q2 2022 anyway, so right at six months or so.
Sponsored