Squirrelfight

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My story is directed @FOMOCO in the attempt that someone there will intervene and make right the disappointment that has been my first new vehicle purchase, and first Ford purchase. I placed my order in June. Just like most everyone here, from day one there was zero communication of my order for months and I waited patiently and excitedly for this vehicle that was to replace my first gen Tacoma and Prius C. Finally April 29th I got the call from my dealer (Asheville Ford and Lincoln) and rushed to take care of the paperwork. After the paperwork has been finalized (charged me over the agreed upon price which I have paperwork for) I hear that upon the initial inspection, taking it out of storage mode etc. they discovered an issue with the infotainment system..? Today is 6/10, I have yet to bring my new vehicle home. 42 days later and it still sits because my dealer is unable to fix this issue. I've called Ford's customer service multiple times, and as mind-blowingly frustrating as that can be at times (oh I'm sorry I'll need to transfer you to a different dept.) I was assigned a customer relations rep that has given me a case #. She's called me a few times with updates but has since ghosted me!!! I now show up to my dealer once or twice a week personally to ask them for updates since they're unable or unwilling to call me. I've never even been offered a loaner vehicle. I had to ask and was told we're sorry we don't have any for you. 5 days ago my dealer informed me that Ford has contacted them and is sending a new module(?) for them to install and that I should check back in with them. I stopped in yesterday and was told that Ford has now given them the go-ahead to replace the wiring harness!!!!???? I'm at my wit's end with this cluster #^%# and I'm about to declare this a lemon. My new truck's dash has been pulled apart, the mechanic apparently doesn't know to use floor mats or seat covers as there's grease on the seats! I feel lost and don't know what to do at this point. Please Ford send me a proper functioning vehicle asap!!
Sponsored

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your problem but something isn’t adding up or I’m missing something here. Radio issue don’t prohibit the normal operation of the vehicle. Why wouldn’t you just take the vehicle and enjoy it until the replacement part(s) arrive to your dealer?

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to hear about your problem but something isn’t adding up or I’m missing something here. Radio issue don’t prohibit the normal operation of the vehicle. Why wouldn’t you just take the vehicle and enjoy it until the replacement part(s) arrive to your dealer?
Yep. At worst this is an "immediate warranty claim" after purchase, with the customer asked to bring it in when the parts are ready to be replaced. I guess the dealer might have taken the position of not selling it to the customer until it is repaired, but that would be a conversation for the buyer to have with the dealer. If it were me, I would have been pissed that I was buying a broken truck, but I would know it was all under warranty and would be repaired eventually....

Sponsored

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought a brand new 41K Escape Titanium Hybrid last September and the Serius portion of my Sync-3 died 20 minutes after leaving the dealer. It was back and forth as the dealer tried this and that to repair it. after 5 trips the dealer replaced the PIM module and voila not an issue since. I would take the truck and bing it back when they have something to try and fix it.

OP
OP

Squirrelfight

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They thought they could fix the issue and pulled apart the portion behind the center screen and everything under the display screen. Wiring and various parts are on my passenger seat along with the grease. They may have deemed it unsafe for me to bring it home(?)

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They thought they could fix the issue and pulled apart the portion behind the center screen and everything under the display screen. Wiring and various parts are on my passenger seat along with the grease. They may have deemed it unsafe for me to bring it home(?)
Well, tell them to undeem’ it into drivable condition again, so you can take it home and be less of an inconvenience to you.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, you need to go there and get froggy big time. That is unacceptable for them to just keep it tore apart while waiting on a part and you without a vehicle. I'd get with the GM even if you have to smoke him out. Don't take this crap!

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Bet they are using it as a sales demo, letting prospectives sit and poke around in it.

Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
You signed the paperwork for "your new truck", but never took delivery of "your new truck"?

Are you making payments?
This is bullshit.

If you did not drive it off the lot, they don't have a valid contract. Get your ass back there and tell them to tear up that contract. When the truck is fixed, you can sign paperwork again.

dennish

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat :-)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Ford Motor Company
Cause I’m sure that’ll help. 🤣
Helped me - I had a mismatched door panel - after he got involved it was fixed in under a week. They called the dealership, dealership ordered parts with help of Ford and all fixed.

Error

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux 360 Roof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea, most dealers refuse to let their costumers leave with a damaged or unprepared vehicle. It wouldn't be ethical or legal in the first place. My dealer received my hybrid ..i believe it was a monday.. they told me that they need to prep and clean it first to le me go home with it…i told the salesman that i don't care .. i can wash it myself.. he insisted and refused to let go home with the vehicle.. delivery was scheduled for a Wednesday. no more no less. I can only imagine what he would say if the radio was defect..
Sponsored