First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2017 Escape SE, 1929 Model A Coupe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve had 12 pickups over the years. When the Maverick gets here it will be #13.
1 GMC
1 C10
1 Dodge
3 Rangers
6 F150’s
My current F150 has 318,000 miles so far on the original engine.
The 2 GM trucks needed engine overhaul/replacement at 95,000 & 110,000.
Sponsored

JPH 673

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 truck Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

😂My first truck was a 2000 Ranger I sold last year...not enough HP and mileage sucked. I LOVE small trucks though and my prayers were answers for a safe, modern Ranger.

Ford were dumbasses not expecting this to be a hit.
I first bought a 1996 Chevy s-10 , 4 Cylinder with no pick-up and low HP. Then a Mazda B-3000 which I still own and like. Now my Mav. XLT, which I like the best.

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Mav will be my second pick up. My first was a 2002 Tacoma Prerunner. I bought it new with 300 miles on it, and in 14 years put over 500K on it!

I've been driving a Sonata since 2016. Totally jazzed to be getting my Mav soon! It just shipped yesterday!

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Second pick up for me . Owned 1998 f150 f then fusion now this but a lot first time pick up buyers who want truck bed but don’t need long bed or big hauler

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
2 Rangers and 1 F-150, 1 Full size Bronco if that counts

Sponsored

Exiwolf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is my second, had a 2019 frontier pro4x and it sucked really bad nothing but issues and extremely terrible on fuel.
Traded my Tiguan for the Maverick cos tig was a dog no power , Maverick is more fun and versatile.

QuesoEnFuego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm almost 40 and this is my first truck. I was interested before but the prices kept me away.

VanManNoMore

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
First pickup for me. Owned minivans for 35 years. Was looking for another one when I saw the Mav announcement. Hybrid, small size, low price, able to haul sheetrock/plywood. Sounded perfect for my needs. Couldn’t be happier so far...

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had a lawn service in the 80s and had a small Nissan pick up. It rattled from day one and the metal was about as thick as a Pepsi can, but I used it as a truck for four years.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've owned many different sports cars, sedans, SUVs and trucks. My issue with modern trucks is that they have become oversized and overpriced. I know there is a place for large trucks... for the average Joe or Jane, the Maverick is a perfect size to drive and park and still be able to haul larger loads on occasion. I can see businesses and city services grab these as a much more economical solution to what was previously available.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it's not rationalizing at all. Ford did their research and due diligence here before committing to re-imagining a market segment that died off 10+ years ago. Why do you think they killed the old Ranger back in 2012? Sales were dead for a couple years. Why did Honda go mid-sized with Ridgeline- and Toyota and GM all grow their trucks into mid-size while killing off compacts? Why did Nissan NOT update and enlarge the Frontier for over 10 years? Consumer buying habits and feature demand were behind all of it and there was years of evidence/data to prove market trends of little to no demand for compact pick ups.

When trucks in general got supersized and their prices bloated, it pushed a lot of people out of the market for trucks. Ford took baby steps bringing back the Ranger, but it too was bloated and was a dated "global" design adapted for US market. Ford saw demand there, but not overwhelming demand in sales figures. Ford announced they were stopping sales of all passenger cars to concentrate on their best sellers like F-150, Mustang, and SUV/CUVs. They faced a dilemma of poor financial results in all other segments besides those I listed and stock tanked. They took some risks bringing back Bronco & creating Bronco Sport. Same with Mach-E.

If YOU were the CEO and Executive team- HOW would YOU assess demand for a product like Maverick with no comparable marketing data to draw on and extreme pressure to get it right immediately or possibly face company wide disaster financially if it failed?

IMO, I find it remarkable they got so much right for so many buying segments given all global circumstances, and IMO underestimating demand is a good problem to have and easier to accommodate than the alternative of a costly failure to ATTRACT demand at all for this Jack of All Trades entry level vehicle that had not existed before.
Price and fuel economy were going to be the biggest draws regardless. The truck could have been total turd otherwise and they still would have sold a boatload of them initially on those factors. Difference is so far it seems to be well built and thought out so it should have long term staying power and not a flash in the pan product.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Price and fuel economy were going to be the biggest draws regardless. The truck could have been total turd otherwise and they still would have sold a boatload of them initially on those factors. Difference is so far it seems to be well built and thought out so it should have long term staying power and not a flash in the pan product.
right, that was aimed at the entry/economy level demographic in replacing lack of actual cars in Ford's lineup. As we know it is so much more than that to a couple other demographics (y)

My reply was actually to the 2 posters who wondered how Ford couldn't predict & satisfy demand for the product more exactly. Guess I could've just kept it short and said "my Magic 8 ball says... not this time" :LOL:

KVH

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22
Most 2022 Ford Maverick Owners Are First Time Pickup Buyers
By Brett Foote
April 16, 2022 1:00 am
erick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-021-front-three-quarters.jpg
SPONSORED
The 2022 Ford Maverick was a highly-coveted product from the moment it was revealed last year, leading to a large number of reservations and demand that far exceeded FoMoCo’s expectations – particularly the entry-level hybrid model. The Maverick’s biggest conquest is the Honda Civic, a vehicle that it doesn’t even directly compete with, thanks to the compact pickup’s impressive fuel efficiency and low price tag. And as it turns out, most 2022 Ford Maverick owners are first-time pickup buyers, too.
rick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-027-side-parellel-parking.jpg

“What we are seeing is many of these customers are first time truck owners, we’re seeing roughly over 70 percent of these customers coming out of non truck segments,” Trevor Scott, Ford Maverick Marketing Manager, told Ford Authority executive editor, Alex Luft, in a recent interview.
As a whole, demand for the new Maverick has far exceeded supply. During its first four months on sale in 2021, Ford Maverick sales totaled 13,258 units in the U.S. During the first three months of 2022, Maverick sales totaled 19,245 units. This signals a ramp-up in terms of production, though Ford stopped taking orders for 2022 models earlier this year as demand quickly exceeded its production capacity.
cockpit-center-screen-gauge-cluster-steering-wheel.jpg

As Ford Authority recently reported, FoMoCo expected around 40 percent of 2022 Maverick buyers to opt for the hybrid, which it reflected in its production mix, though that expectation was quickly surpassed, leading to a backlog of orders. At the same time, a number of other supply-constrained features and option packages have slowed down deliveries as well.
verick-XLT-Hybrid-Exterior-013-rear-three-quarters.jpg

The Maverick has already earned Ford’s “Icon” status, cementing additional future variants as the compact pickup is outselling its big brother, the Ford Ranger. However, even after cutting off orders earlier this year, Ford may still be forced to push some 2022 Maverick orders to the 2023 model year, as Ford Authority recently reported.
We’ll have more on the Maverick soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Maverick news and continuous Ford news coverage.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's the first new truck I've purchased. But then I did buy an old one for years ago.

trujack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xb
This will be my first new truck (if it gets built) but 5th truck. 81 Chevy LUV, 90 Ranger, 95 F-150 and 06 F-150. I'll be keeping the 06 as a third "second car".
Sponsored