Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I personally don't think we're making enough of the fact that hybrid has not appeared on the constraint list for some time now. I've heard some people justify it as "Ford logic" , they don't have to list it as a constraint because it's a given, but that ignores their previous history. Up until about a month ago they had always listed it as a constraint, and just stopped. Could of course be my wishful thinking, but I'm really wondering if Ford hasn't resolved their hybrid issue, figured out some way to get increased supply?
I wondered about that myself, but then realized that "constrained items" means that these are features Ford intended to be able to provide, but cannot get (whether supply chain issues or "insert your pet theory here"). When it came to hybrids, Ford started off stating categorically that they planned to build 35% Hybrid and 65% Ecoboost. If they are able to deliver 35% of the production as hybrids, then - ipso facto - hybrid drivetrain is not a constraint. I don't like it, but until someone at Ford announces they are changing the production mix to increase the ratio of hybrid to ecoboost, we're stuck with it.

The same is true for XL versus the other trims... It's not "constrained" because Ford intended all along to build that ratio of trim levels. Sucks, but that's what I'm reading...
Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wondered about that myself, but then realized that "constrained items" means that these are features Ford intended to be able to provide, but cannot get (whether supply chain issues or "insert your pet theory here"). When it came to hybrids, Ford started off stating categorically that they planned to build 35% Hybrid and 65% Ecoboost. If they are able to deliver 35% of the production as hybrids, then - ipso facto - hybrid drivetrain is not a constraint. I don't like it, but until someone at Ford announces they are changing the production mix to increase the ratio of hybrid to ecoboost, we're stuck with it.

The same is true for XL versus the other trims... It's not "constrained" because Ford intended all along to build that ratio of trim levels. Sucks, but that's what I'm reading...
I don't agree with this theory. Ford has a planned maximum capacity for every trim and option, not just Hybrids. That is what is on the Ford published list below. They can't make 100% of the Mavericks as Tremors, only 8%. But Tremors are not constrained since only 2% of orders are Tremors. A trim or option becomes constrained when the number of actual orders is greater than their planned capacity.

Hybrids on the other had are ~75% of orders, way beyond their published capacity.

I just chalk up Hybrids not being on the monthly scheduling constraint list to general Ford misinformation.

Ford Maverick Model Year 2023 Maverick will end October 14 1679589733173

Last edited:

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Supply chain issues...Covid and otherwise, have changed model year production in the last few years. While there certainly were exceptions, regular production of a model year often ended in July for decades. Not uncommon for "new" model year ( 2024 in this case) vehicles to begin arriving at Dealers in September. Used to be a law ( or at least a Ford/Chrysler agreement ) to not sell following model year until Sept. 1st. Ford carried the 2022 production WAY later than normal trying to fill more of the 2022 orders.
So, I don't know what the best thing for Ford to do about model year 2023 is. There is talk of an updated Maverick, and that may be a key here. If 2025 is the updated version, Ford might want to shift to 2024 production sooner than later. Back more to normal. Even October 14 is fairly late but I think 2022 went into November? I doubt we would see Ford move the year end past October 14 this time. But that means absolutely nothing!

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hopefully we are given ample notification of the Orders Banks opening and prompt delivery of Pricing/Package guides.

If it occurs in July, I'll order from where I am, first in line at the dealership where I've already made prior arrangements! (I do allot of work travel in July and realistically could place the order on the east coast or here in Arizona.)

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There seem to be around 103,000 23 Maverick orders
1679499259705.png

Ford needed 18 months to produce the 22 Mavericks due to production ramp and constraints.
Ford said there were only 86,000 orders, but I assume the previous production year includes trucks built for Canada and Brazil. Your figure probably does too.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully we are given ample notification of the Orders Banks opening and prompt delivery of Pricing/Package guides.

If it occurs in July, I'll order from where I am, first in line at the dealership where I've already made prior arrangements! (I do allot of work travel in July and realistically could place the order on the east coast or here in Arizona.)
Doesn't matter. I ordered an EcoBoost as soon as the order banks opened. Sat right in front of my rep as he entered my order into the computer. Can't get any earlier than that. I'm still not scheduled for that truck. Silly me thinking that I would get scheduled fairly early. NOBODY knows how the scheduling gets done and I think it's an exercise in futility to try to figure it out. If you get scheduled, consider yourself lucky. If you don't, rest easy knowing you're not alone.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford said there were only 86,000 orders, but I assume the previous production year includes trucks built for Canada and Brazil. Your figure probably does too.
Yes, I estimated 15% non US orders based upon previous years
Ford Maverick Model Year 2023 Maverick will end October 14 1679615957345

But when you add the numbers this comes out a little low
Ford Maverick Model Year 2023 Maverick will end October 14 1679616162973

So either they sold a little more than 15% outside the US. Or Ford allowed some extra fleet sales after retail order banks closed and they announced 77,800 US orders.

Ford Maverick Model Year 2023 Maverick will end October 14 1679616016753

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Even if I'm super-generous and assume Ford will be able to produce net 100K Mavericks for the U.S. market, that still means only 35,000 will be Hybrids at most if they stick to the 35% constraint. Given that there are around 84,000 orders with 74% of them being for Hybrid, that means ~62K orders for Hybrid for only 35,000 that will be produced.

So a little better than 50% chance (56.3% chance) that any placed Hybrid order will actually be fulfilled, and that's not even going into dealer allocations screwing things over, or scheduled fleet builds for the hybrids taking away from the totals for retail orders.

The odds get even worse if Ford production capacity falls short of the generous 100K for the U.S. market for MY2023, too.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even if I'm super-generous and assume Ford will be able to produce net 100K Mavericks for the U.S. market, that still means only 35,000 will be Hybrids at most if they stick to the 35% constraint. Given that there are around 84,000 orders with 74% of them being for Hybrid, that means ~62K orders for Hybrid for only 35,000 that will be produced.

So a little better than 50% chance (56.3% chance) that any placed Hybrid order will actually be fulfilled, and that's not even going into dealer allocations screwing things over, or scheduled fleet builds for the hybrids taking away from the totals for retail orders.

The odds get even worse if Ford production capacity falls short of the generous 100K for the U.S. market for MY2023, too.
I think the 35% Hybrids constraint is low. I think Ford is being conservative and doesn't want to get peoples hopes up by announcing anything higher. They also want people to convert their Hybrid orders to EBs. They may be producing up to 50% Hybrids. There was a 6 month period during 2022 when 50% of the Mavericks sold were Hybrids.

Sponsored
OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the 35% Hybrids constraint is low. I think Ford is being conservative and doesn't want to get peoples hopes up by announcing anything higher. They also want people to convert their Hybrid orders to EBs. They may be producing up to 50% Hybrids. There was a 6 month period during 2022 when 50% of the Mavericks sold were Hybrids.
I tend to agree... to a point. From what I have been able to gather, for the first part of the year Ford has been scheduling its retail closer to 50-50. A lot of the extra EB capacity has gone elsewhere. However, even being generous, I still think 40% of hybrids remain unbuilt at model year end.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tend to agree... to a point. From what I have been able to gather, for the first part of the year Ford has been scheduling its retail closer to 50-50. A lot of the extra EB capacity has gone elsewhere. However, even being generous, I still think 40% of hybrids remain unbuilt at model year end.
Right, even at 50% hybrid/EB and adding a 3rd shift for 3 months of production, I don't think all the 23 Hybrids will get made.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Right, even at 50% hybrid/EB and adding a 3rd shift for 3 months of production, I don't think all the 23 Hybrids will get made.
I think we're all in agreement that all Hybrid retail orders will not be fulfilled. The real question is by how much.

bluehayes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL 2.5L
Engine
Undecided
Iā€™m in the same boat as you. I also own a Subaru Forester and have been lurking around Maverick and Santa Cruz forums for a while. Iā€™ve been leaning toward Maverick, but itā€™s just not happening in terms of finding one without a markup, either EB or hybrid. With that said, there are plenty of Santa Cruz on nearby Hyundai lots and itā€™s very tempting!
I gave up on FORD actually I am FED up with FORD and went and looked, drove and researched a Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL surprisingly it a great vehicle. But that is for you to decide I'm only suggesting to take a look what can it hurt as you may be waiting till 2024 now based on the latest news!

Ford Maverick Model Year 2023 Maverick will end October 14 IMG_2471.JPG

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think we're all in agreement that all Hybrid retail orders will not be fulfilled. The real question is by how much.
Sound like a good premise for a lottery. Select the exact percentage, get a prize. šŸ˜‚
Sponsored