Sponsored

Miles per gallon?

Dave O

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jan 25, 2025
Threads
33
Messages
1,743
Reaction score
2,363
Location
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD Hybrid, 2025 Subaru Forester, 04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
I don’t drive to save fuel although I don’t accelerate like I’m at the drag strip and I don’t run up on cars and traffic lights that requires me to brake hard - I have close to equal highway and city driving and I’m averaging between 35 - 40 mpg which is completely acceptable in my opinion…
Sponsored

 

Cycopath

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Tucker
Joined
May 12, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
111
Reaction score
223
Location
FL
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick hybrid AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t drive to save fuel although I don’t accelerate like I’m at the drag strip and I don’t run up on cars and traffic lights that requires me to brake hard - I have close to equal highway and city driving and I’m averaging between 35 - 40 mpg which is completely acceptable in my opinion…
That's where I was on my old commute, before I changed jobs for one much closer. I'd usually get home with an average of 36-38.
 

jonshep

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Jul 28, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
379
Reaction score
495
Location
SW Oklahoma
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT 2002 F250 7.3 Diesel
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My EB will average 21 to 23.5, calculated. I do most in town at 25 mph but on the turnpike it's between 75 and 80 mph, so I am pretty happy with it. I have had it 2 years and have 11,250 miles on it. I think that it will be broke in in 2 more years and mileage will be a little better.
 

Mavster Mechanic

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
David
Joined
Jul 29, 2025
Threads
33
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
4,543
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just don't understand how you don't haul tools...or a topper....and you are ONLY getting 33 mpg??? Shoot...if my Hybrid mileage at the end of each driving week doesn't START with a 4....I'm doing something very wrong. It is hard driving the Hybrid to "NOT" get at least 40 mpg. My daily commute to work and back is mostly highway. I'm doing 75-80...flowing with traffic about 20 of the 22 miles and I still get 42-44.😮😮😮
It's the years of practice.
I started in 2005.
Call me an "early adopter".
This was about 50/50 city & freeway.
No net elevation change. Two hills in the middle. Says 10% ethanol on the pump. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If Ford made 3% lemons, do they make 3% cherries? It's an interesting question.

Ford Maverick Miles per gallon? IMG_9189
 

Kenv24

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Mar 21, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
1,021
Reaction score
1,640
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's the years of practice.
I started in 2005.
Call me an "early adopter".
This was about 50/50 city & freeway.
No net elevation change. Two hills in the middle. Says 10% ethanol on the pump. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If Ford made 3% lemons, do they make 3% cherries? It's an interesting question.

IMG_9189.webp
Yeah, but all I’m saying is I can’t believe that he’s not getting at least 40. It doesn’t take any kind of “expert” to drive this Mav hybrid and not get 42-44….AT LEAST…on your daily commute. I’m just really surprised that’s all.
 

Sponsored

Mavster Mechanic

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
David
Joined
Jul 29, 2025
Threads
33
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
4,543
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, but all I’m saying is I can’t believe that he’s not getting at least 40. It doesn’t take any kind of “expert” to drive this Mav hybrid and not get 42-44….AT LEAST…on your daily commute. I’m just really surprised that’s all.
My wife drives a 2021 Venza.
Same powertrain. Different body style.
She just gets in and drives it.
She's got a 44.x long term average in mild weather.
 

KenE

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Jun 19, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
339
Reaction score
427
Location
Mount Washington, KY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick Hybrid Lariet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, but all I’m saying is I can’t believe that he’s not getting at least 40. It doesn’t take any kind of “expert” to drive this Mav hybrid and not get 42-44….AT LEAST…on your daily commute. I’m just really surprised that’s all.
With all driving techniques being equal, the 25/26MY Hybrids with AWD & tow package will never achieve the equivalent mileage as the FWD hybrid. There's a AWD/Tow package penalty. I've seen 2 mpg thrown around.
 

Kenv24

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Mar 21, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
1,021
Reaction score
1,640
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With all driving techniques being equal, the 25/26MY Hybrids with AWD & tow package will never achieve the equivalent mileage as the FWD hybrid. There's a AWD/Tow package penalty. I've seen 2 mpg thrown around.
Yeah....but if you read my post I said..."At least 40" You mean to tell me a 25/26 with AWD and tow package can't even get 40??? I'd be shocked. If that's the case, I'll be going FWD on my next one again. Hell...I go 75-80....with the flow of traffic to and from work every day and I live at 42-43. I guess you aren't lying with that 2 MPG thrown around... :like: :like: :like:
 

BK007

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
BK007
Joined
Mar 27, 2026
Threads
55
Messages
1,223
Reaction score
3,568
Location
OH
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Master Blaster

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Master
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
2,109
Location
Toronto
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We just switched over to winter fuel in this area this week. I expect a 5-10% mileage hit as a result of using lighter fractions like butyl compounds and more ethyl alcohol in the fuel than is present in summer fuel. The colder starts and longer warmups mean probably another 10%, and the less-pliable tires and thicker gear and bearing lubricants probably add up to another 10% overall. So for the winter, I expect to get something like 25% less mileage, just because its Canadian winter.
 
Sponsored

KenE

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Jun 19, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
339
Reaction score
427
Location
Mount Washington, KY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick Hybrid Lariet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah....but if you read my post I said..."At least 40" You mean to tell me a 25/26 with AWD and tow package can't even get 40??? I'd be shocked. If that's the case, I'll be going FWD on my next one again. Hell...I go 75-80....with the flow of traffic to and from work every day and I live at 42-43. I guess you aren't lying with that 2 MPG thrown around... :like: :like: :like:
No, I just said there's a fuel mileage penalty, and I've seen 2 mph used as a number. Might be more, or less? I have averaged over 40, but difficult when wife drives it just like her Lincoln MKX. Still, the Mavbrid is great in so many ways.
 

HeyBales

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 3, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
5,615
Reaction score
5,467
Location
KC Metro area
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota RAV4, 2024 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, I just said there's a fuel mileage penalty, and I've seen 2 mph used as a number. Might be more, or less? I have averaged over 40, but difficult when wife drives it just like her Lincoln MKX. Still, the Mavbrid is great in so many ways.
Since the AWD is thrown in on slowdown and speedup until certain speeds and then FWD only - I'd guess the more city driving with complete stops the worse the penalty would be.

I know my highway 65 mph flat no wind is showing instant abouts 38 mpg +- 4mpg.
My city 30-45 flat no wind using ICE due to charge up is instant abouts 23 mpg.
Obviously worse than that when ICE required for that 11% power need due to just too slight an incline or acceleration.

After threads like this - I've been watching - because I've been fighting to get the upper 30's mpg to hit 40.
Leaving my neighborhood - I have 1 stop sign to major collector street when I need to gun the left turn (high school up street) and then all down hill - so terrible mileage with ICE warmup at idle basically. Then onto highway with a few declines. 2 lights & stop sign & at work after 11 miles.
Coming back is city streets with errands. All uphill (literally, highest point in whole KC Metro area), and while flat 45 can be done below 10% power in EV, not with this slight incline, with multi-lights/stop signs, and slowing/increasing traffic.

I think the gearing is just ranged for the highway speed side, and assuming the city speed side will be done by the EV frequently, so who cares if mpg is terrible.
 

KenE

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Jun 19, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
339
Reaction score
427
Location
Mount Washington, KY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick Hybrid Lariet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since the AWD is thrown in on slowdown and speedup until certain speeds and then FWD only - I'd guess the more city driving with complete stops the worse the penalty would be.

I know my highway 65 mph flat no wind is showing instant abouts 38 mpg +- 4mpg.
My city 30-45 flat no wind using ICE due to charge up is instant abouts 23 mpg.
Obviously worse than that when ICE required for that 11% power need due to just too slight an incline or acceleration.

After threads like this - I've been watching - because I've been fighting to get the upper 30's mpg to hit 40.
Leaving my neighborhood - I have 1 stop sign to major collector street when I need to gun the left turn (high school up street) and then all down hill - so terrible mileage with ICE warmup at idle basically. Then onto highway with a few declines. 2 lights & stop sign & at work after 11 miles.
Coming back is city streets with errands. All uphill (literally, highest point in whole KC Metro area), and while flat 45 can be done below 10% power in EV, not with this slight incline, with multi-lights/stop signs, and slowing/increasing traffic.

I think the gearing is just ranged for the highway speed side, and assuming the city speed side will be done by the EV frequently, so who cares if mpg is terrible.
I wanted the AWD, 4K towing capability based on what I frequently towed- a single axle 12' cargo trailer back-n-forth from Louisville to deep south Texas. Since getting the Maverick we haven't needed to tow it once. Often wished mine was 2WD but, it is what it is. Some driving scenarios just aren't conducive to get great mileage regardless of your hypermiling abilities. Being retired I have no regular routes which can be refined for time of day, traffic light timing, etc; I know how to hypermile, but not upset when I'm not a record holder. I've had a car for 64 years, never had a speeding ticket, not once, so I am a conservative driver. At the end of the day, just enjoy the ride.
 

signkutter

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Gman
Joined
Nov 9, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
43
Reaction score
59
Location
S.A.T
Vehicle(s)
2026 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife drives a 2021 Venza.
Same powertrain. Different body style.
She just gets in and drives it.
She's got a 44.x long term average in mild weather.
The Maverick suffers from having the aerodynamics of a brick and the extra reinforcements and gearing to be able to to perform light truck duties. The prius with the same basic drivetrain will get in the low 40's at 75 mph where my Mav ( 4ktow, awd) will get around 33 mpg. In order to minimize the aerodynamic penalty, I rarely drive over 70 mph and find that 67 gets me about 36 mpg. Since i do mostly highway driving on flat Texas roads, i am happy with 500 miles a tank ( which is what 36 mpg equals out to
 

tiktokbrainrot

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
392
Reaction score
809
Location
around
Vehicle(s)
91 F250, 20 GLI, 25 Mav XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My EB will average 21 to 23.5, calculated. I do most in town at 25 mph but on the turnpike it's between 75 and 80 mph, so I am pretty happy with it. I have had it 2 years and have 11,250 miles on it. I think that it will be broke in in 2 more years and mileage will be a little better.
at 11,000 miles you are well beyond broken in. That's just he mileage ecoboosts get unless you drive em like an old granny.
The Maverick suffers from having the aerodynamics of a brick and the extra reinforcements and gearing to be able to to perform light truck duties. The prius with the same basic drivetrain will get in the low 40's at 75 mph where my Mav ( 4ktow, awd) will get around 33 mpg. In order to minimize the aerodynamic penalty, I rarely drive over 70 mph and find that 67 gets me about 36 mpg. Since i do mostly highway driving on flat Texas roads, i am happy with 500 miles a tank ( which is what 36 mpg equals out to
I mean 36 is still fantastic. My GLI gets about 33 doing that speed, and it's a low slung compact sports sedan with a 2 liter turbo.

The Maverick is nearly half a ton heavier and is, well, a truck. Getting 36 highway is jaw dropping.
Sponsored

 
 







Top