First Name
Rough
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Yamaha FZ-07
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can easily get well over 50 MPG under favorable conditions of heavy freeway traffic where average speeds are below 50 MPH and accel/decel rates are low, with no A/C. Running the A/C definitely costs several MPG, as does short trips where engine warm-up takes extra fuel. The onboard system reports about 3% higher MPG than pump data, which is pretty close but still warrants a correction before bragging. On average, I get about 45 overall, and thrilled with that.
Sponsored

Iron Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid - 2019 HD Road Glide
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick 600+ miles per tank - is it possible? IMG_4576
Here is my best tank total. I was driving as conservatively as I could, just to see if I could hit the 800 mile mark. Not quite, but I’m pretty happy with 775 miles on that tank. I usually fill up in the 650 mile range Easily achievable. I do almost no highway driving. Pretty much all back roads. I currently have 2500 miles on the odometer and I am close to having to fill up for the fourth time, 200 miles from now.

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Utilize the L button and coasting to keep charged up. Utilize the eco,slippery modes for flat,hills,windy roads. I only use L when steep descending hill or right at the end of stops. If traffic behind me I use brakes because I want them to know i am stopping.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

800 miles per tank?!! How?!!!

The reason I am asking is to find out more about the techniques in achieving better gas milage. It seems the key to that is 1- try to do more electric driving and 2- slow acceleration and easier braking, any other tips?
Place your truck into Eco Mode, and coast as much as possible, this will recharge your battery, and allow you to be more EV mode than ICE mode. Stay off the highway, don't use your AC, and try and keep the truck between 35-45 MPH. In my Sig, you will be my Fuley click on it and you can see my MPG.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course it depends on the situation, but multiple people on this forum (including me) have tested it and concluded that slippery was more efficient for them because of the LOWER regen. You don't want the brakes slowing your coast down a decline, even if they are charging the battery.

I live in the mountains of Utah and a lot of our driving is on side streets in rolling hills, so coasting without regen is an advantage. Your situation may be different.
I have found eco mode gives me the best mpg in flat Florida and slippery works better when I’m in the hills and mountains of NC.

I have wondered if charging the battery going downhill in eco mode doesn’t make for better mpg so it really doesn’t matter if you drive in eco or slippery🤔 Sometimes I find myself obsessed with mpg after particIpating in threads like this which is silly since I’m happy with the $$ I’m saving 😵💫🤪

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My last few tanks I have gotten just over 600 miles with about 10 miles left to empty.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have found eco mode gives me the best mpg in flat Florida and slippery works better when I’m in the hills and mountains of NC.

I have wondered if charging the battery going downhill in eco mode doesn’t make for better mpg so it really doesn’t matter if you drive in eco or slippery🤔 Sometimes I find myself obsessed with mpg after particIpating in threads like this which is silly since I’m happy with the $$ I’m saving 😵💫🤪
Brake regeneration is 60%-70% efficient, so unless you actually have to come to a complete stop, you don't want regeneration to occur. Your vehicle will be more efficient the longer it can coast while remaining at safe speeds. If you live in a flat area and have to make frequent stops, yes, eco likely is the best option, but definitely not the case for me.

Jworth914

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see most commonly a full tank will get you about 560 miles on a Hybrid, which is not bad at all. But 600 miles per tank is a very nice rounded number to have.

If you can routinely get that, what's your trick of driving (are you hypermiling)?
Yes. It is possible.
I have done it 2x in the 18 months ive been driving my 2022 XL HYBRID

603 once and 601 the 2nd time

CarefreeAZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Year one of ownership:
179.35 Gal used for 8715miles
48.59mpg actual

blackb13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
600+ mile tanks happen with minimal HVAC and <25% highway. I've found running the heat is worse on mileage than running AC.

700+ mile tanks require no HVAC, near perfect temps and <10% highway.

800+ mile tanks require no HVAC, perfect temps and <1% highway.

I've found no difference in the modes based on my typical city commute (40mi/day), so I just leave it in normal.
Sponsored