brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I cross-shop price. My Maverick is $23,990. You can’t get a hybrid CR-V or Rav4 for that.

The Rav4 is probably the best of the three with 40 mpg and awd, but again, too expensive.

Price-wise, the toyota corolla hybrid le is closer to maverick xlt hybrid I ordered, and the Maverick offers more for the money.
I actually like the Corolla Cross (but they should have released it as a base hybrid). It's got some AMC Eagle vibes
Sponsored

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty much what everyone here said. Mav is cheaper and the ability to haul large or dirty things without mussing up the interior of a CRVRav is totally worth it.

Sometimes I haul plywood, lumber, concrete, shingles, construction debris, bicycles, kids play structures, and all sorts of random crap. Having a bed (albiet a small one) is totally worth it.

OP
OP
Boomhauer1

Boomhauer1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2010
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Alright I see the consensus. What would you rather have the AWD Maverick or the Hybrid Rav4. That's where my ultimate decision lies right now. MSRP for my Mav build is $30,800(XLT lux, AWD, Fx4, floormats) without a cover for the bed. The Rav4Hybrid has a MSRP of $32,500 for the way I would build it (XLE, floormats, weather package).

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alright I see the consensus. What would you rather have the AWD Maverick or the Hybrid Rav4. That's where my ultimate decision lies right now. MSRP for my Mav build is $30,800(XLT lux, AWD, Fx4, floormats) without a cover for the bed. The Rav4Hybrid has a MSRP of $32,500 for the way I would build it (XLE, floormats, weather package).
Basically, it comes down to if you "need" all-wheel drive and a small open bed. If not, me personally I would go with the RAV for proven reliability and longevity. But in this case, it comes down to what you personally would go for.

I'm buying a 22k Maverick. Although many, many do, me personally, I would not buy a 30K Maverick.

TB84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mavxl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Basically, it comes down to if you "need" all-wheel drive and a small open bed. If not, me personally I would go with the RAV for proven reliability and longevity. But in this case, it comes down to what you personally would go for.

I'm buying a 22k Maverick. Although many, many do, me personally, I would not buy a 30K Maverick.
I'm in the same boat- 22,082.71 out the door. Not judging anyone as we should all buy what we need/want. 22k with capable light towing is the only reason I'm buying the Mav. Some of the upgrades look great but too many options open up when the price increases. Again that's just for me.

Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, if you need awd and a hybrid, hard to beat the Rav4.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, specifically for this scenario, is the extra $1700 worth better FE but no bed?

Only you know your specific needs, so you have to evaluate the benefit (if any) of the extra cost.

If a covered hatch is better for your needs than a bed, +2.

Many subjective things to consider as well, which again, can only be validated by you.

But you ask what I would rather have, it's Maverick every time.....which you might find interesting, but is completely pointless in helping you. 🤠

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is already a price gap between the Maverick and Rav4 hybrid.
If you compare just the base price sure, but once you get into comparable features between the Maverick and RAV4 Hybrid there isn't much difference in price. You need to build a XLT with Lux package + co-piolt 360 Maverick to get many of the standard features found in the RAV4 LE Hybrid, so yeah the RAV4 is more expensive out of the gate than the XL. The RAV4 Hybrid is also more expensive because it is assembled in Canada/USA, not Mexico. In fact you would need to get a far less efficient EcoBoost Maverick to get the AWD that the RAV4 Hybrid has standard, so you have to go even higher.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It all depends on your use-case. In my case, the longer the wait on my Hybrid Maverick is, the more I am considering other options. Unlike many of you, I already have a capable truck, a 2015 F150 3.5L Ecoboost XLT w/302A luxury package. I have no intention of trading or selling it. I started looking at the Maverick for fun, found myself liking it, so I placed an order (on June 11th). I am still waiting...no VIN, no nothing. My "plan" w/the 2 trucks would be for me to use one of them, my kid the other (he also likes having a truck to drive).

As mentioned above, my eyes are starting to wander. I recently went to an auto-show, and liked a few vehicles there. The Corolla crossover seemed pretty nice, no Hybrid but decent gas mileage, AWD, and high 20's in price. On the Hybrid front, as others have stated, the Rav4 comes in AWD + Hybrid variety, and right now I see them available locally between $30-$31K for the LE version w/weather package (a good thing where I live). My Maverick Hybrid Lariat (no AWD) is over $30K w/a 4% discount off of invoice. So the delta in cost here is minimal, and I could end my suffering quickly.

So, the longer this drags on, the more tempted by other possibilities I get. Honestly, the only reasons I still am holding on is my thinking that the Maverick is a "deal" and the novelty of getting a little fun truck. That along with the (now looking foolish) thought that I am close to getting a VIN and then a build date....only to have each Thursday go by with nothing. Finally, I don't really have a sharing problem (w/my son) until May when he is back home from school. So I sit here and (not so) patiently wait.

But life will go on without it if needed, and if I stop in to drive the Rav or possibly something else, I might just go that way.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The reality is if the wait is why you are looking elsewhere, going to other brands likely won't help. All auto manufactures are seeing similar shipping delays for new vehicles. Wait times for a new RAV4 for example are also 6 months or more, they aren't taking orders for the 2021, and the 2022 hasn't even been announced yet. End result, you cannot even order one! All of them are prioritizing production of the high end models, since they have the most profit built in.

Sponsored

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I loathe CUVs and SUVs, in most use cases they are the worst of all worlds. We weren't in need of another vehicle, and if we were we would probably have been looking at another compact sedan (like someone else mentioned, corolla hybrid would have been a consideration). The Maverick just happened to check our boxes (plenty of room for 4, cheap, fuel efficient) and happened to have the added utility of a truck bed. No way am I looking at a hybrid CUV unless they were starting <$25k.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I think if ford can get the volume up on maverick hybrid it will eat into Rav and crv sales. Its cheaper and more useful. Still room for both but the Maverick just created a new vehicle segment much like the Rav did when it launched in the 90s.

edcrawfordlv

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How would you feel about a CRV hybrid or a Rav4 hybrid instead of the Maverick?
I love my Rav4 hybrid. We needed to replace our 2nd vehicle. Didn't want a second CUV, that seems kinda boring to get the same vehicle twice. Cars don't make sense to me, they cost just about the same as a CUV and I like them less. Maverick is different, costs $10k less than a CUV.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn’t hesitate if the hybrid CUV meets your needs.
My wife has a Tuscon Hybrid Blue and it’s awesome. The rear seating feels cavernous due to the rear reclining seats, even with the front facing car seat there’s tons of space up front too. Definitely more than the Maverick.
Sticker was $30k, but we received $2500 off for leasing through Hyundai.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I concur with a lot of people here about the extended benefits a truck provides over an suv. Before Mav I was going with a medium sized suv but a truck has more utility.

Hope to get mine before spring time so I can finally throw bags of mulch in the bed and not my cars trunk.
Sponsored