First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use 89 everytime I fill up. Reason being is I had a Prius before my Maverick and at 250k+ miles started getting a lot of carbon build up that eventually killed the engine. Talked to my mechanic and it seems to come down to the fact that I was using the cheapest gas I could find. Since I fully intend to keep the Maverick 250+k miles is worth the extra 50¢ a gallon to me
Sponsored

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use 89 everytime I fill up. Reason being is I had a Prius before my Maverick and at 250k+ miles started getting a lot of carbon build up that eventually killed the engine. Talked to my mechanic and it seems to come down to the fact that I was using the cheapest gas I could find. Since I fully intend to keep the Maverick 250+k miles is worth the extra 50¢ a gallon to me
You don't need the higher actane rating, that is just to prevent knocking.

If you want to keep the combustion chamber clean, you want to use a higher detergent fuel, such as Top Tier fuels.

Last edited:

trpttrooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I should have mentioned that I switched to only using top tier fuel as well

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I filled up with 93 once when it was the same price as 87, and noticed no difference.

Gunnar88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know in Phoenix ALL the gas, including Diesel comes up from a pipeline in the Gulf of California to a set of common tanks, which ALL the gas companies use to fill their stations with.
Sponsored