First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson Limited
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do some math. When the order books open in September, I think there will be a huge surge of orders. Perhaps as many as 42,000. The system may crack under the load. The Maverick is one of the hottest vehicles in America. But desires can cool. Some have waited a year and some of those orders are just getting filled. If the current backlog alone was allowed to order first, the January 2022 group night have a chance to get one by February 2023. However, there's no guarantee Ford will keep the orders in any meaningful order once the order books open. In fact, it would be a lot easier for them to treat the new orders as a new group to be put in a new order as the orders come in. The only difference is you might get an offsetting discount if your order wasn't filled but it won't cover the coming price increases. So if your order isn't filled before the new 2023 order books open , good luck. The tides are now against you because I don't see any reason Ford will think they owe anybody anything if they had simply placed an order. They know they've got a winner so the heavy lifting will be on the consumer end.
Sponsored

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered June 15, 2021 and I'm not scheduled until Sept. 2.

aswistak

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT | '06 F150 Lariat-taking offers;)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Eco XLT Lux w/ 360 (ordered Dec 26, 2022) got the 'scheduled' email recently so there definitely is hope... still waiting for ford tracking to update to 'in production' and get window sticker but still... hope

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right when you accept being a rollover, Ford drops crumbs of hope. Velocity Blue orders should be prioritized if the color is going to be discontinued. Hey, one can dream.
I hope you get the exact truck you want, but I think FoMoCo would paint your truck Atlas blue and call it a 2023 without even blinking an eye if somehow it benefited them.

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My order changed from “in production” this morning back to “order confirmed” this afternoon after being at the in production step since last Thursday

Sponsored

Raderb87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered in October Lux Lariat 360 and I have a VIN. The dealer keeps insisting my build date is the last week of August but I have yet to receive an email or the site doesn't even show a build date on it.

Realistically, I'm assuming I'm in the '23 bank which I'm trying to stay on top of because they aren't offering the carbonized gray (supposedly)

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered in October Lux Lariat 360 and I have a VIN. The dealer keeps insisting my build date is the last week of August but I have yet to receive an email or the site doesn't even show a build date on it.

Realistically, I'm assuming I'm in the '23 bank which I'm trying to stay on top of because they aren't offering the carbonized gray (supposedly)
If you have a vin, it will be a 2022 and carbonized gray is still being offered for 2023

Ford Maverick Maverick orders are getting scheduled today DD780B02-9593-4BAF-B26B-F4511570BB2A

Raderb87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have a vin, it will be a 2022 and carbonized gray is still being offered for 2023

DD780B02-9593-4BAF-B26B-F4511570BB2A.jpeg
Awe thank you! I was reading somewhere on here they got rid of the grays and got a new one. . still not buying any vinyl until I have it in hand. But this is very promising.

Reactions: Aza

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Long McArthur had 8 of our 18 allocations schedule today. They were the oldest 8 orders, all hybrid orders, all had luxury packages, 7 of 8 were XLT, 1 Lariat. All of our June to September hybrid orders are now scheduled. 31 October Hybrid Orders left, 29 November Hybrid Orders left. 59 December Ecoboost Orders left (50 for a rental company), 40 January Ecoboost Orders left.

It would be real interesting to know how that compares to the number of ordered Mavericks that have actually been made or at least scheduled.

Excluding the large rental company order roughly what percent of your retail customer orders should get a 22?

Thanks for all you have done.

Greg

Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Awe thank you! I was reading somewhere on here they got rid of the grays and got a new one. . still not buying any vinyl until I have it in hand. But this is very promising.
You’re welcome. I believe it’s the 10th digit in your vin that depicts the model year, so it won’t be a 23

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Correct me if I'm wrong but did you say the other day that being moved to priority 2 is a sign that your order earned your dealer an allocation? It may not go to your build if you're constrained or not first in line, but it should mean somebody waiting at your dealership is getting scheduled.
Correct

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Should’ve gone through you guys. Have a 9/20 order for a Hybrid Lux and crickets for 11 months from my dealer.
Don’t give up hope, my September 18 XLT order just got a VIN today from Ford Chat! It’s for an Ecoboost but who knows. Keep your fingers crossed.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
31 October Hybrid Orders left, 29 November Hybrid Orders left. 59 December Ecoboost Orders left (50 for a rental company), 40 January Ecoboost Orders left.
So... you've got 60 hybrids unscheduled and 99 ecoboost unscheduled.

If you don't mind my asking, what were your total order numbers for each type. I'd like to get some idea what percentage have been scheduled and what percentage remain pending.

Thanks...
Sponsored