Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've begun to think they should do away with the build to order model altogether. Build whatever you can, as fast as you can, ship them to dealers and let customers find what they can. This worked for many years. Ordering a vehicle was the exception. No, they still wouldn't meet demand but at least people wouldn't be left wondering for over a year.
That’s they way it used to be, for the most part. But Ford saw Tesla and Rivian doing direct ordering with no inventory costs and said “oh, we can do that too”. But Ford failed to understand how woefully inadequate their antiquated ordering and scheduling systems were to support such a plan. So here we are in the mess we’re in.

I think Farley belatedly realized the problem, and also realized it was so intractable as to be unfixable. So after the split he let the legacy side revert to their old ways and decided to build a whole new system for the EV side that will be based on a no inventory customer direct ordering model. Guess we’ll see if they can pull it off, but it won’t help Mavericks.
Sponsored

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or first time customers for that matter, luckily I’m in a position as a first time customer where I don’t need the vehicle right away, but have still found this experience in my view to not be very favorable to ford getting and retaining new customers
Same.

I bought a replacement vehicle almost a year ago now, after my dealer suggested I sell the vehicle I owned at the time if I could go a couple months without one... in September 2021. So honestly at this point I'm more curious if I will get my Maverick than eager for it. I'll likely be springing for an ev truck once they start being delivered in numbers which WAS going to be a nearly six figure lightning... but is starting to look like a Rivan, based exclusively on how terribly Ford handled my Maverick order experience.

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I know this is an old thread but have a couple of questions on our 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid ordered on Sept 15th 2022. For a few weeks I could see the order on my Ford account on the Ford website. Last week that disappeared. No one seems to know why or what that means. Tried contacting the dealer and Ford customer chat and the order status has never changed or moved. Still in processing. Would love to know how to get an up to date status, production date, VIN etc. Or is there something I can modify on the order to get it scheduled. Need the hybrid as we plan to flat tow behind our RV.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I know this is an old thread but have a couple of questions on our 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid ordered on Sept 15th 2022. For a few weeks I could see the order on my Ford account on the Ford website. Last week that disappeared. No one seems to know why or what that means. Tried contacting the dealer and Ford customer chat and the order status has never changed or moved. Still in processing. Would love to know how to get an up to date status, production date, VIN etc. Or is there something I can modify on the order to get it scheduled. Need the hybrid as we plan to flat tow behind our RV.
My orders never showed up on my Ford account. Means nothing.

No telling if/when you get scheduled. Best bet is to use the chat feature on the Ford website in the "contact us" section, or call directly, on a weekly basis to ensure your order is still in the system and awaiting scheduling. Ask the rep for your "secondary status." If it is "Unscheduled - Clean" that means you are in line and will, or might, get scheduled eventually.

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My orders never showed up on my Ford account. Means nothing.

No telling if/when you get scheduled. Best bet is to use the chat feature on the Ford website in the "contact us" section, or call directly, on a weekly basis to ensure your order is still in the system and awaiting scheduling. Ask the rep for your "secondary status." If it is "Unscheduled - Clean" that means you are in line and will, or might, get scheduled eventually.
I've been using Ford chat and that seems to provide the most information. Order has been Unscheduled Clean for months. Just checked a few minutes ago and no change. So who knows.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've been using Ford chat and that seems to provide the most information. Order has been Unscheduled Clean for months. Just checked a few minutes ago and no change. So who knows.
Not even Ford, unfortunately.

GRB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
04/11/2022 checked with dealer who took my order today, my order 01/15/2022 , he said he contacted Ford directly. Their response ; We plan to build every ordered Mav. My Jan 2022 order should be scheduled for build in June. Do I believe this?
You need to ask the orders from 2021 who still have no VIN numbers and are still unscheduled if they believe that???

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck, originally ordered in October of 2021 is finally being built this week. See my signature for the complete saga.

Becker300

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello All Current and Future Maverick Customers

We fully recognize there is a lot of interest and excitement about the Maverick. We are here to answer your questions and be as transparent with you as possible about any confusion in the ordering, scheduling, and production process. Rest-assured, our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can and satisfy as many new Maverick customers as possible given global supply chain challenges.

Traditionally, we have allocated vehicles to dealerships based on historical sales data, which helped determine the scheduling of orders. While we initially followed this process for Maverick, we quickly pivoted when customer demand exceeded expectations. As a result, orders are scheduled in the order in which they are received, regardless of dealer, pending any capacity and commodity limitations. Oldest Maverick retail orders are prioritized first, provided the Dealer has completed the required Customer Order Verification Process (COVP) AND the order can be scheduled within existing supply and optional features/package availability.

Thank you for your interest in Maverick and your patience during this process. Our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can so you can get out there and enjoy the 2022 North American Truck of the Year.
Seems fair but the definitions are important. What does receiving mean? So, does that mean that any 22 roll overs will go first. Also, since the order window for 23 was a mere few days not sure this addresses who's first.

Reactions: GRB

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems fair but the definitions are important. What does receiving mean? So, does that mean that any 22 roll overs will go first. Also, since the order window for 23 was a mere few days not sure this addresses who's first.
This is an out-dated message from Ford that applied to the 22 orders...it is irrelevant now.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You need to ask the orders from 2021 who still have no VIN numbers and are still unscheduled if they believe that???
By now we all know that Ford lied in the initial post. Just a way to string us along.

MAVRICKDAVE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Oxford White Tremor 24 XL Atlas Blue Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hello All Current and Future Maverick Customers

We fully recognize there is a lot of interest and excitement about the Maverick. We are here to answer your questions and be as transparent with you as possible about any confusion in the ordering, scheduling, and production process. Rest-assured, our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can and satisfy as many new Maverick customers as possible given global supply chain challenges.

Traditionally, we have allocated vehicles to dealerships based on historical sales data, which helped determine the scheduling of orders. While we initially followed this process for Maverick, we quickly pivoted when customer demand exceeded expectations. As a result, orders are scheduled in the order in which they are received, regardless of dealer, pending any capacity and commodity limitations. Oldest Maverick retail orders are prioritized first, provided the Dealer has completed the required Customer Order Verification Process (COVP) AND the order can be scheduled within existing supply and optional features/package availability.

Thank you for your interest in Maverick and your patience during this process. Our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can so you can get out there and enjoy the 2022 North American Truck of the Year.
Ummm... dated March 30th 2022? This is old news right? and wrong at that. ?

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ummm... dated March 30th 2022? This is old news right? and wrong at that. ?
Its called a necro-post. This thread was DEAD, then some schmuck revived it. I wish the forum automatically locked old threads after say, 4-months of inactivity?

jons

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its called a necro-post. This thread was DEAD, then some schmuck revived it. I wish the forum automatically locked old threads after say, 4-months of inactivity?
How else would my order from July 2021 not get tracked? I am still waiting.
Sponsored